Wheres Air Pressure Investigation Part 2?

arbellason55
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

We're also frequently late on sponsored stuff if that makes any difference to any of you. LG TV Window pt3 is months late, and so was the Samsung ultimate RAID thing. Stuff happens.

We do our best to put out the best video we can each within the constraints that we have.

We'll get to it :)

13 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Renault video (which was by far one of the best videos we've done this year IMO)

Why is that? Because instead of Renault paying X$ for advertisement they paid a youtuber 1/4X$ (even less I would guess)

My thoughts about the video (copy paste from the video post on forum - you might of missed my comment, which would be absolutely normal)

"Well, this is another clear example of Linus being like "Shut up and give me your money" style video. I am aware that there is a lot of technology inside that car, but at the end of the day it's just a car. And again I am aware that money has to be made in order to make the channel work.

Next thing you'll see Linus reviewing/showcasing/presenting top of the line/state of the art cigarettes producing factory. Why? Because cheap publicity, because Linus, because money. Why pay tens of thousands to a TV commercial when you can fly a youtuber over at a fraction of a price. Getting Linus to showcase the car was the cheapest publicity for Renault.

Perfect advertisement formula: one youtuber boi with millions of subscribers + the product you want to advertise = the perfect cheapest advertisement. P.S Forgot to dislike the video - on my way now."

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

12 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Getting Linus to showcase the car was the cheapest publicity for Renault.

which makes no sense. the Demographic of the LTT youtube channel would have no hope of ever buying a multi-million dollar car like that. you would think a sponsored video would be done with the intention to get your product out there for people to buy. who the hell does Renault think watch LTT?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

?

I kinda have to agree that video does not serve the purpose of propaganda at all.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Sierra Fox said:

which makes no sense. the Demographic of the LTT youtube channel would have no hope of ever buying a multi-million dollar car like that. you would think a sponsored video would be done with the intention to get your product out there for people to buy. who the hell does Renault think watch LTT?

You don't get it do you? It doesn't matter how expensive or how ridiculous or how dumb is the ""product"". It's about the exposure on the millions of subscribers of a channel, a Tech one in this case. And trust me, word-to-mouth really works. Kind of MKBHD with Tesla. The difference is that he owns a Tesla.

Nvm, Maybe it's just me being a sour asshole. I don't run a company, I don't know how everything works. I'm just the "person" who wants to watch the content that is more relatable to the channel's topic.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

Just now, r3loAded said:

I'm just the "person" who wants to watch the content that is more relatable to the channel's topic.

that's precisely the point of my post

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

14 hours ago, RollinLower said:

wow, what got that stick into your butt? i'm just saying that this is a recurring theme. ads are getting longer, there are more sponsored video's every day and the quality dropped with these clickbait titles (which i do also understand, as they bring in more views at the end of the day) and pre-pubecent humor.

i'm not asking you to agree with me here. i'm just stating my 2 cents.

You have waited a year, what’s wrong with waiting a bit longer. Linus is a very caring person and sometimes that means that to keep employing these lovely employees (Namely Colton) it means a little bit of sacrifice for some sponsored content. 

It is not in any way giving up any integrity of LTT. Doing these videos means Linus can always turn down a sponsorship if he doesn’t believe it is a good product and to always create media he belives in. It’s clear integrity in his videos is important to Linus and no one should doubt it. 

If if you think that maybe having a wee tantrum will change their minds to hurry up then you are wrong. Be patient and wait. If you don’t like the newer videos then you can always not watch them or leave a rating on YouTube to show your criticism. 

Now I think you will agree that, at the end of the day, this is just a internet video. It’s not going to harm anyone to let it sit for a while over the holiday season. 

On 12/22/2017 at 3:15 AM, RorzNZ said:

You have waited a year, what’s wrong with waiting a bit longer.

If you classify as a serious business you don't make/use excuses. You get the job done as it should be done.

We, the subscribers, are the ""clients"" of his "business". We, by clicking on his videos everyday make his "business" work. We are the consumers of his "product".

Again I might be overreacting, but just to make my thoughts clear. I don't matter between the millions of subscribers of Linus. I am expandable, but I will state my opinion, not necessarily the correct one, but mine. 

On 12/22/2017 at 2:59 AM, Sierra Fox said:

who the hell does Renault think watch LTT

Exactly, so how is that relatable to the channel's topic? Why do you have to watch this video if it's not for us? So, "Shut up and give me your money" style video?

7 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

If you classify as a serious business you don't make/use excuses. You get the job done as it should be done.

We, the subscribers, are the ""clients"" of his "business". We, by clicking on his videos everyday make his "business" work. We are the consumers of his "product".

Again I might be overreacting, but just to make my thoughts clear. I don't matter between the millions of subscribers of Linus. I am expandable, but I will state my opinion, not necessarily the correct one, but mine. 

They employees of LTT are getting the job done. 

Viewers aren’t the only source of income for LTT. It’s mainly sponsorship. I’m sure you can agree to prioritise the actual contracts Linus has to fufill before producing other content. It’s not rocket science. 

When LTT gets the time and resources they will make the video plain and clear. You can’t demand more. 

7 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

They employees of LTT are getting the job done. 

Viewers aren’t the only source of income for LTT. It’s mainly sponsorship. I’m sure you can agree to prioritise the actual contracts Linus has to fufill before producing other content. It’s not rocket science. 

When LTT gets the time and resources they will make the video plain and clear. You can’t demand more. 

I'm aware that we are not the only source of income for LTT, not that dumb. But you have to agree with me that without an audience you cannot present/showcase/review and being sponsored to do that (hope you get my point). With that number of subscribers, in front of LinusMediaGroup I don't matter not the few subscribers that share my opinion, which is quite normal and wouldn't expect otherwise.

My problem was not with the delay of this video, about which I totally forgot. My main issue was with the Renault video. That is the topic of my concern.

16 hours ago, RollinLower said:

sure, i get that. i mean, i even stated that i get why they need sponsors literally in the first few words of my post. The thing is that it really seems like the sponsors and/or advertisements are taking all of the priority. It's almost as bad as cable TV at this point.

but anyway, let me just redirect you to my previous post here:

Almost as bad as cable TV, Please Explain.

Cable TV on AVG Costs $103 a month ( some bundle internet) 

Cable TV has 9 Minutes of commercials for 21 minutes of a show. in a half hour. 

Cable TV has Much worse Picture quality delivery on Avg

So you Pay $100 each month to watch Ads 30% of the time and get a For the most Part Subpar 720p like experiance that most call 1080i but is severely compressed 1080I 

But content wise there is an argument about TV being better but what someone likes to watch is very subjective. 

I dont know the Ad % of LTT Videos but i dont think theres 3 minutes for in there 10 minute videos and even so it being free but with the Ads is way different then paying to watch ads. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2016/12/05/cutting-your-cable-tv-internet-bill/93240970/

19 hours ago, RollinLower said:

i get that without the sponsors you couldn't exist, but postponing actual projects so you can just push more ads and sponsored content seems a bit scummy.

Let's be honest here, the time scale of the experiment doesn't matter as long as all 3 PCs run the same length of time and the dust isn't so bad as to completely fill all the PC so as to prevent drawing a conclusion. I'm really interested too but if you're waiting to find out so you know how to configure your own fans, why not set them up slightly positive for now since that's generally accepted to be best right now and if that's wrong then do what you should anyway and CLEAN OUT YOUR PC and reposition the fans.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

4 hours ago, r3loAded said:

I'm aware that we are not the only source of income for LTT, not that dumb. But you have to agree with me that without an audience you cannot present/showcase/review and being sponsored to do that (hope you get my point). With that number of subscribers, in front of LinusMediaGroup I don't matter not the few subscribers that share my opinion, which is quite normal and wouldn't expect otherwise.

My problem was not with the delay of this video, about which I totally forgot. My main issue was with the Renault video. That is the topic of my concern.

maybe you can enlighten us as to what part about VR in an autonomous car DOESN'T appeal to us as his subscriber base?  Because that is cool as frig. The whole video was technology-centric. the thing is a computational engineering feat of genius.

go ahead, dislike the video. pound that hater button as hard as you can... but don't you dare tell us what we ought to like and dislike. This video appeals to a LOT of his base for all sorts of reasons. Remember the toyota video? Did you have to buy a new mouse when you saw it in your feed because you felt using a sledgehammer to click 'dislike' got the message across better?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

2 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

maybe you can enlighten us as to what part about VR in an autonomous car DOESN'T appeal to us as his subscriber base?  Because that is cool as frig. The whole video was technology-centric. the thing is a computational engineering feat of genius.

go ahead, dislike the video. pound that hater button as hard as you can... but don't you dare tell us what we ought to like and dislike. This video appeals to a LOT of his base for all sorts of reasons. Remember the toyota video? Did you have to buy a new mouse when you saw it in your feed because you felt using a sledgehammer to click 'dislike' got the message across better?

Chillax buddy. All I was saying is that I feel like some videos are just here for the money. I don't determine what everybody else should like or dislike. I clearly stated that is my personal opinion.

It was a gentle click on the thumbs down button, no pound or sledgehammer necessary.

In a short way to say it, he's (Linus) kind of a hoe. Give me money and I will feature your product on my million subscriber youtube channel.

Also doesn't feel a little bit unnatural that a big company like Renault reached a tech youtuber to have a showcase (not a review)? What for? There are plenty of youtube videos from youtubers that treat this topic.

Nevermind. Don't mind my horse view. I repeat myself: My Personal Opinion!

1 hour ago, knightslugger said:

the thing is a computational engineering feat of genius.

This sort of engineering was impressive a few years ago. Now there are well over 100 companies doing the very same thing. For those that are impressed are people that haven't been paying attention to the automotive world. Or are straight up ignoring the companies that have already accomplished what Renault is currently delivering.

No big Deal either way though.

1 hour ago, r3loAded said:

No need to defend yourself friend. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.   :)

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

3 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

Now there are well over 100 companies doing the very same thing.

A major automotive company has implemented VR in an autonomous project car? which ones?

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

27 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

A major automotive company has implemented VR in an autonomous project car? which ones?

Oh the VR aspect; Not so common. I wasn't impressed by it though so it didn't jump to mind right away.  Its just another gimmick and I don't buy into them.

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

While I understand need for lucrative sponsor videos, pushing back air pressure video is odd decision. I bet there are other videos which aren't new product launches that could have been left bit later. Like the cheap case video coming to YT soon. Air pressure test is probably one of the most waited videos that aren't part of series. Just search in forums. Its been literally asked few times a month from last March, just few odd months after test started. There are users who think it was made years ago rather than 12mo ago.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1: paid content should always come before pet project videos if you are a media producer like LMG. If you're Nexus gamers, it's a little different.

2: that's the viewer's fault for not paying attention to the video date and content. I blame short attention spans and children who are allowed to participate on the forum anyway.

most people don't DO long term testing videos. 'Anxiously awaiting' isn't really the term i'd use for their zeal. you want to talk about anxious, i've been waiting MONTHS for Jessie and Alyssa to erect their timber frame and publish the video. I won't mention the channel name because i don't want to be called out for pimping anyone else's channel.

System specs:

On 12/21/2017 at 9:58 AM, doomsriker said:

Just saying it was one year on december 8th and we are going into 2018. Wondering what the ETA is on this. Thanks.

Soon. Luke and I are planning to do it together, but we've been really busy with travel and floatplane.

We're also frequently late on sponsored stuff if that makes any difference to any of you. LG TV Window pt3 is months late, and so was the Samsung ultimate RAID thing. Stuff happens.

We do our best to put out the best video we can each within the constraints that we have.

I dont understand why there's been this many inquiry into this project.

is it really that interesting?

i dont get it. Get some sweeper duster and clean your pc if people care so much about dust and dirt.

5 hours ago, r3loAded said:

In a short way to say it, he's (Linus) kind of a hoe. Give me money and I will feature your product on my million subscriber youtube channel.

Also doesn't feel a little bit unnatural that a big company like Renault reached a tech youtuber to have a showcase (not a review)? What for? There are plenty of youtube videos from youtubers that treat this topic.

I think you're being pretty unfair here if I'm honest. :P You didn't like the video which is entirely fair, not everyone will and there's no reason you should or have to. But I don't think some of your criticism is very fair at all. As far as sponsored videos go I actually feel the LMG team goes out of their way to make them balanced; to satisfy their own bottom line, to satisfy the interests of their viewerbase and to meet the requirements of the sponsor. Very few other channels out there that do sponsored videos have done a good job of balancing these out, and many have suffered some pretty immense backlash because of it (at times justified and at times.. not so much).

Linus Tech Tips has grown so much from the days of unboxing purely computer hardware. It's a massive YouTube channel (and media company) that produces content focused on many facets of technology; the way I see it, cars are just as big a part of the tech world as computers are. And with modern cars being what they are, they're beginning to share a lot of components and to varying degrees even software in common with mobile phones and computers.

A review for a concept car wouldn't have made any sense, whilst a showcase does. It creates exposure for Renault within the LTT community, but it also lets us as that community get to see a pretty cool video on an interesting car with a lot of interesting tech.

We're tech fans, and many of us are probably interested in car technology. It's an important part of our lives and so it's interesting to see how the car world is progressing and what types of improvements we might see in cars over the years. To see a big company like Renault making a functional autonomous vehicle today is very cool, and personally I thought the video was a good match for LTT's style and tech-focused nature. And considering the upvotes to downvotes are currently sitting at 49k to 1k it seems the vast majority of LTT viewers also liked the video.

Personally I liked the video, and I look forward to seeing more videos of its type in the future. Provided they don't start to become too frequent, I find them an interesting break from the normal LTT content and I quite like seeing Linus' take on upcoming technologies on things like cars or the "High-Tech Concept Ocean Liner" experience provided by Royal Caribbean.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

29 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Linus... have a Merry Christmas dude. Everyone at LMG has been working their butts off, and it shows.

System specs:

Hey,

Just in case I missed, is there any schedule when or if a second "result" part of this exact and long awaited video is going to come?

Kind regards

Thomas

They moved it, so the test are invalid. Video is probably not out yet.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list