This is Nokia's Android phone

Youbetternot

Did I say Nokia and Android, oh yes I did. Nokia is finally making a Android phone, finally we can get those awesome camera features and strong brick phones. According to a lot of sources the phone is code named Normandy. However the variant of Android that’s not aligned with Google’s own version, akin to what Amazon does with its Kindle Fire line. It also seems to be a budget phone being released in 2014, oh well let's see how it is.

BZ8QULBCEAA2RLz.jpg

Nokia has been building its own Android phone according to multiple sources familiar with the company’s plans. Codenamed Normandy, and known internally at Nokia under a number of other names, the handset is designed as the next step in low-end phones from the Finnish smartphone maker. We understand that Nokia has been testing “Normandy” with a special “forked” variant of Android that’s not aligned with Google’s own version, akin to what Amazon does with its Kindle Fire line.

An image of the handset was published in November by @evleaks, showing a Lumia-style device with no apparent capacitive buttons for navigation. We’re told that Normandy supports Android applications like Skype, and other popular top apps. Nokia has been developing the Android-powered phone despite Microsoft’s plans to acquire the company’s handset business. It’s now unclear whether Nokia will release the handset before the Microsoft deal is finalized, or whether Microsoft will continue will the plans for the device.

Multiple sources have revealed to The Verge that Normandy is designed as an Asha equivalent to push low-cost devices with access to more traditional smartphone apps — something the company has struggled to achieve for its Series 40-powered Asha line. Nokia’s effort is similar to Amazon’s own use of Android, allowing the company to customize it fully for its own use. Nokia employees working on Normandy were informed the device is planned as a 2014 release, and one insider described the Normandy effort as "full steam ahead."

WILL IT EVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY?

source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/10/5197746/nokia-android-phone-normandy

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Not Bad.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

This is SO ironically , Microsoft releasing products that Uses Google Operating system..... LOL

Interested in Business and Technology

Fry-Shut-Up-and-Take-My-Money-Futurama.g

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Looks ugly as hell...

Look at the size of the bottom bezel.

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Looks ugly as hell...

But it may be unbreakable 

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

They didn't seem interested in android before microsoft bought them. I find that quite funny.

But if it's going to have some weird version of android that doesn't support play store, there is going to be even less apps than on WP.

But it may be unbreakable

I'd rather a sexy phone with better features and then get an unbreakable case :P

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Looks ugly as hell...

It's a rectangle..all modern phones are kinda just rectangles with massive screens. :P

I do love that shade of red, though.

I believe Microsoft said something about allowing companys to make dual boot windows phone 8 and Android phones maybe its that

code named Normandy.

Interesting name, Normandy was where the allies launched their assault at the Nazi's, much like Nokia is now launching their assault into the Android market. very fitting name, I wonder if they will be as successful as the allies.

you are scroogled, I doubt with microsoft now in full control

Wouldn't be surprised if this is something Microsoft squashes as soon as they actually take full control of Nokia.

i like teh red.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I gotta admit it confuses me what their endgame is with this.  My thoughts are that it's too late and too little for a comeback for nokia, and with both MS buying them out and WP making sales gains it doesn't seem like a good move.   I guess time will tell how good it is and whether or not it makes it to market.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I believe Microsoft said something about allowing companys to make dual boot windows phone 8 and Android phones maybe its that

Or maybe an android phone that runs windows phone apps  :D .  That means no youtube app haha.

My Rigs (past and present)

about time nokia introduced an android phone. The timing of this announcement is quite interesting though

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I've been waiting for this ever since I got a smart phone, I miss having a Nokia there so well built .... the only thing that lets it down nokia is it being a windows phone

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Nokia sold onlyvit's least profitable sector to MS, their mobile phones. Ms did not buy Nokia afaik.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

The real question is...

WILL NOKIA EVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

This is going to be the most durable android device on the planet  :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Lumia Nexus.... can we see that coming that's gonna be a deal breaker I mean a cheap lumia 520 running stock android 4.4 kitkat would be sick

$$金Trill金$$