Lesson learned boys (and girls) don't date crazy

loganshaw9
40 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

She still broke into the apartment....unless she was paying part of that months rent, then you can't do anything. 

OOOh yeah... there is no proof really that she lived there unless she paid or something. Just moving in doesnt mean much. 

40 minutes ago, loganshaw9 said:

Eviction takes 7 days in michigan

Did she pay rent?

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

2 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

Like there must be some shit for this type of stuff.

I wish man I've tried every possible route, it's a harsh lesson 

I'm so sorry something like this happened, I would never do that to my boyfriend... just because I'm who built his PC that'd hurt me :/

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

38 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

OOOh yeah... there is no proof really that she lived there unless she paid or something. Just moving in doesnt mean much. 

She had her license changed when she renewed it two weeks ago that is enough in flint

37 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

I'm so sorry something like this happened, I would never do that to my boyfriend... just because I'm who built his PC that'd hurt me :/

Thanks 

38 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

Did she pay rent?

Nope that doesn't matter though

Just now, loganshaw9 said:

She had her license changed when she renewed it two weeks ago that is enough in flint

fucking hell. WHY THE FUCK ARENT YOU LEGALLY PROTECTED AGAINST THIS.

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

5 minutes ago, loganshaw9 said:

No she left I took her key, she broke in somehow broke everything and let my dog loose

Basically she has destroyed your property. Who owns this place, you or her, should say on the contract papers.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, loganshaw9 said:

Nope that doesn't matter though

she didnt even pay

Build

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, loganshaw9 said:

I wish man I've tried every possible route, it's a harsh lesson 

What kind of "lesson" is that?  If there is realyl nothing you can do then the laws are seriously fucked up and the only lesson is that they need to be corrected.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, TacticlTwinkie said:

What city/country do you live in? My roommate is a lawyer, I'll ask him if there is anything you can do.

Flint Michigan. There isn't without hiring a lawyer and that would cost as much as the damage. Plus she doesn't have a job anyways

35 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

What kind of "lesson" is that?  If there is realyl nothing you can do then the laws are seriously fucked up and the only lesson is that they need to be corrected.

exactly 

35 minutes ago, loganshaw9 said:

Flint Michigan. There isn't without hiring a lawyer and that would cost as much as the damage. Plus she doesn't have a job anyways

but you cant rip her off cant you?

Build

Spoiler

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

That's part of it for sure man. There is no protection for people in Michigan the cops will literally sit and watch you destroy your own property or your spouses

5 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

fucking hell. WHY THE FUCK ARENT YOU LEGALLY PROTECTED AGAINST THIS.

I wish I could tell you man it sucks

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

She still broke into the apartment....unless she was paying part of that months rent, then you can't do anything. 

2 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

but you kicked her out

Unfortunately, due to tenant laws in many places, domestic abuse/vandalism/crimes are extremely difficult to prosecute, since you've effectively both agreed legally to rent the same place together and live together. When a fight or split happens, just because it occurs overnight does not mean anything in the eyes of the law because legal procedures require painstaking amounts of time because bureaucracy.

In BC, Canada, tenant laws even protect the tenant so much that being a landlord sucks so much that it's not worth it unless you're making sick money because the tenants are so well protected. However, in this case it doesn't matter that she was legally renting with you - destruction of property is destruction of property, regardless of how you're related. If my theoretical wife of 70 years decides to shit on all of my $3,000 dress suits, it's still destruction of property which is a crime you can press charges for in most places.

Now, I'm not telling you to sue her, because that actually only increases our legal problems around the world as a whole, to which only lawyers see a benefit from. However, the police definitely need to be involved if you can prove it was her who did this, since it's no different than destroying a park bench in a park paid for by taxpayers. (Since you're a taxpayer, you legally own access rights to the park, similarly to how she would legally still live there.) I'm oversimplifying things a lot, but I hope I make my point.

That being said, ultimately this sucks to see, regardless if it's a computer, car, or just furniture being trashed. It's destructive toxic behavior so at the end of the day, you're way better off not having to deal with her anymore, even if you still feel for her.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Just now, kirashi said:

Unfortunately, due to tenant laws in many places, domestic abuse/vandalism/crimes are extremely difficult to prosecute, since you've effectively both agreed legally to rent the same place together and live together. When a fight or split happens, just because it occurs overnight does not mean anything in the eyes of the law because legal procedures require painstaking amounts of time because bureaucracy.

In BC, Canada, tenant laws even protect the tenant so much that being a landlord sucks so much that it's not worth it unless you're making sick money because the tenants are so well protected. However, in this case it doesn't matter that she was legally renting with you - destruction of property is destruction of property, regardless of how you're related. If my theoretical wife of 70 years decides to shit on all of my $3,000 dress suits, it's still destruction of property which is a crime you can press charges for in most places.

Now, I'm not telling you to sue her, because that actually only increases our legal problems around the world as a whole, to which only lawyers see a benefit from. However, the police definitely need to be involved if you can prove it was her who did this, since it's no different than destroying a park bench in a park paid for by taxpayers. (Since you're a taxpayer, you legally own access rights to the park, similarly to how she would legally still live there.) I'm oversimplifying things a lot, but I hope I make my point.

That being said, ultimately this sucks to see, regardless if it's a computer, car, or just furniture being trashed. It's destructive toxic behavior so at the end of the day, you're way better off not having to deal with her anymore, even if you still feel for her.

This so much man thanks for the write up, it's rough I just miss my dog and my pc. Hopefully in a few months or 6 after I fix up the damage I can afford a new one...

Lawyer up

Next she'll say you raped her

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

27 minutes ago, loganshaw9 said:

This so much man thanks for the write up, it's rough I just miss my dog and my pc. Hopefully in a few months or 6 after I fix up the damage I can afford a new one...

The police were involved and watched her throw around more stuff, they told me I couldn't do anything but commit her. And count it all as a loss

24 minutes ago, paps511 said:

Lawyer up

Next she'll say you raped her

No the police were here and I filed for a ppo I'll be ok

Well since it's apparently a lawless wasteland I guess you gotta just take care of yourself.  If there is any shred of civilization however, I'd advise making full use of it.  Even if it costs more in the end at some point it's just the principal of it.

Best of luck with whatever course of action you decide.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well since it's apparently a lawless wasteland I guess you gotta just take care of yourself.  If there is any shred of civilization however, I'd advise making full use of it.  Even if it costs more in the end at some point it's just the principal of it.

Best of luck with whatever course of action you decide.

I wish I could afford a lawyer but I can't, and if I could I would just get my pc back tbh it's worth more then spending my free time dealing with her any longer

13 minutes ago, loganshaw9 said:

The police were involved and watched her throw around more stuff, they told me I couldn't do anything but commit her. And count it all as a loss

So that means you can destroy her stuffs too then?

There was a article not too long ago where some woman had a suspended or no driver license and drove into a house and he broke the guys legs. The police can't do anything about it, so she got away with it, while the victim has to pay for his own medical bills.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

10 minutes ago, loganshaw9 said:

Wtf, did they cite a reason or did they just not wan't to deal with it?

10 minutes ago, loganshaw9 said:

No the police were here and I filed for a ppo I'll be ok

Not familiar with how PPOs, but be careful, if she really is crazy/spiteful then she may still continue regardless.

16 minutes ago, loganshaw9 said:

to what, an insane asylum? xD might not be a bad idea if that's an option.

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

So that means you can destroy her stuffs too then?

There was a article not too long ago where some women had a suspended or no driver license and drove into a house and he broke the guys legs. The police can't do anything and she got away with it, while the victim has to pay for his own medical bills.

Ohh how much the law urks me at times. This reminds me of burglar attempts where the burglar got injured and sued the homeowners. (I believe I have seen this multiple times too.)

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Well when it comes to that PC, I’m sure it’d be possible for the cooler and PSU to still be alright. 

and SSDs, and probably even the CPU itself if you can extract it from the rubble