Intel is planning to release a 2 core i3 for x299, i3-7360X

The Benjamins
26 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I was poking fun at Intel releasing Atoms for X299 when they announced i5 but now it is even closer to the reality.

BTW...

112W TDP i3 ? It better clocks to 6GHz on air.

It's probably just due to the larger packaging

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 minutes ago, Ekst4zy said:

Well... yes, but I didn't want to include Ryzen on purpose. Just comparing Intel's stack of products. I "bought" Ryzen 1600 for two of my not techie friends, so it's not that I don't consider it a great deal :)

I was just adding to your argument.

I refuse to believe that this is real.

no way.

an i5 7640X is so power un-hungry, that there's no way that lowering to a dual core can give more stable power delivery.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing聽Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360聽- i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

37 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Eventually they'll released a dedicated placeholder chip that allows the motherboard to load its bios to see if everything works and nothing else.

Thatd honestly be dope imo

CPU:聽Amd 7800X3D聽|聽GPU:聽AMD 7900XTX

omg what are they thinking!? xD聽So now we have up to 6 cores on a mainstream and as low as dual cores on the enthusiast platform that costs a lot more... gg

Solve your own audio issues聽 | 聽First Steps with RPi 3聽 | 聽Humidity & Condensation聽 | 聽Sleep & Hibernation聽 | 聽Overclocking RAM聽 | 聽Making Backups聽 | 聽Displays聽 | 聽4K / 8K / 16K / etc.聽 | 聽Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme. 聽You can change it at the bottom.

So adding more to an already confusing product stack.

GG Intel

Western Sydney University - 4th year BCompSc student

12 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

omg what are they thinking!? xD聽So now we have up to 6 cores on a mainstream and as low as dual cores on the enthusiast platform that costs a lot more... gg

Yeah but at least you get to not be able to use half the ram slots, and almost none of the PCI express slots. You know, for that authentic enthusiast experience.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS聽Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR:聽2x 20" Dell IPS;聽KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Waiting for 1 core Pentium on X299, always needed to try and clock 1 core to 8 ghz.

CanTauSces:聽x5675 4.57ghz ~ 24GB 2133mhz CL10 Corsair Platinum ~ MSI X58 BIG BANG ~ AMD RADEON R9 Fury Nitro 1155mhz ~ 2x Velociraptor 1TB RAID 0 ~ 960GB x3 Crucial SSD ~ Creative SB Audigy FX ~聽Corsair聽RM series 850 watts ~ Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440.

i3 on X299

Someone at Intel is smoking waaaayy too much

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores聽-- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB

聽Motherboard:聽ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming聽-- RAM:聽G-Skill Trident Z 32GB聽(16x2) DDR4-3000聽

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB聽--聽HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB聽--聽GPU:ASUS TUF GAMING聽RTX 3080 10GB OC聽MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU:聽FSP Hydro G Pro 850W聽-- Case:聽Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz聽-- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown聽-- Mouse:聽Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12聽Pro Max聽256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4聽/ Apple AirPods 2

Laptop:聽MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU |聽8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

this chip HAS to have only 2 working dimm slot, 12 pcie lanes and something retarded like that, if not, i'm disappointed

26 minutes ago, Potato*Salad said:

Waiting for 1 core Pentium on X299, always needed to try and clock 1 core to 8 ghz.

Nah fam a 1 core pentium on X299 better OC to 10GHz

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie ||聽Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

29 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

This is even more pointless than the Bristol Ridge Athlons on AM4. At least those can serve a purpose.

If I'm not mistaken isnt the X4 950 basically the previous generation Athlon but made for the AM4 socket?

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Basically.

Looking at the benchmarks really it swings close to a R3 1200 so from a value perspective the X4 is a lot better.

Which I presume X4 860K is probably close to that too

@Dan Castellaneta聽When you remember that the FX 4100 is on a 32nm process.聽

Crab_jawdrop.jpg

Then again Intel was on 32nm at around that time too but shortly after that Intel went down to 22nm and I think the smallest Bulldozer got to was like 28nm? Still wow

14137941.jpg

Solve your own audio issues聽 | 聽First Steps with RPi 3聽 | 聽Humidity & Condensation聽 | 聽Sleep & Hibernation聽 | 聽Overclocking RAM聽 | 聽Making Backups聽 | 聽Displays聽 | 聽4K / 8K / 16K / etc.聽 | 聽Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme. 聽You can change it at the bottom.

If it's cheap enough I could see it being useful to enthusiasts as a backup chip. Or when you're troubleshooting and you want to test if the issue is your processor but you didn't buy a second $600+ chip.

Although it seems like a bit of a scheme by Intel to get people to move up to X299. Most likely the end goal being more money for them.

2 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

If it's cheap enough I could see it being useful to enthusiasts as a backup chip. Or when you're troubleshooting and you want to test if the issue is your processor but you didn't buy a second $600+ chip.

Although it seems like a bit of a scheme by Intel to get people to move up to X299. Most likely the end goal being more money for them.

At "free", I'm not sure it's a good deal.

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

At "free", I'm not sure it's a good deal.

Free? If they're trying to distribute them for free it sounds like they're trying to get rid of a lot of the CPUs that didn't make the cut in terms of successful yield. Like any 4, 6, or 8 core variant that didn't meet their standard.