PUBG breaks half-a-mil simultaneous player record, overall second after DOTA

Nicnac
Just now, XenosTech said:

game just doesn't like me then q.q

I get this odd annoying bug that at some point in every game I get a 20~ sec freeze were the game locks up. it is random when it happens and how long. I hope things iron out nicely in a year or so.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

6 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

lol but Argo I really unplayable even at the lowest settings.... my 1070 struggles to keep a constant 35 fps

Game plays at 144fps for me on a 1080 at lowest settings? Surely the difference isnt that big.

Just now, tom_w141 said:

The fuck is Argo?

Another fps from the people that made arma

Just now, The Benjamins said:

I get this odd annoying bug that at some point in every game I get a 20~ sec freeze were the game locks up. it is random when it happens and how long. I hope things iron out nicely in a year or so.

I get that too but mines usually last about 10 secs or the game crashes

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1 minute ago, Haaselh0ff said:

Game plays at 144fps for me on a 1080 at lowest settings? Surely the difference isnt that big.

I'm convinced I'm doing something wrong... This is what I get for selling my rx 470 v.v 

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

If you're coming down from 500k all the way to 38k meaning you lost 95%-ish of your player base it basically means dead by any means.

Ark never had 500k concurrent players lol 100k was what it topped at. 38k is still very respectable considering how long it's been since the beginning of alpha.

22 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

lol but Argo I really unplayable even at the lowest settings.... my 1070 struggles to keep a constant 35 fps

It's your settings that are wrong. You need to lower your view distance a bit if you are struggling. You're CPU bottlenecked.

1 hour ago, Droidbot said:

another shitty 'early access' game with shitty visuals, performance, and using streamers to advertise. 

playerunknown is a cunt also, banning streamers for obvious banter between people. 

this is the next h1z1 KoTK/ark survival evolved where it breaks a record then dies in the ass. 

Yep. Most of the people who play this game are sheep that just want to play the latest and most popular games to fit in. I know someone who literally only plays what's popular, then moves on when the next comes out. FNAF, Undertale, Minecraft, Overwatch, CSGO, etc. And now he's obsessed with this game. I don't get people like this.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Yeah, as other said on Steam when talking in numbers, people always forget Battle.net to mention and compare. 

Though as far as this game, I don't see such appeal. It's not something new really, such gameplay existed before through other games mods. Just a battle royale game. 

Either way quite a number for it. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

So........it's a deathmatch game, then?  Yep, never seen one of those before.

With 25 teams on a island that has to scavenge for guns equipment with no respawns?

Just now, The Benjamins said:

With 25 teams on a island that has to scavenge for guns equipment with no respawns?

Eh, to be fair, I've not played it.  I was just basing my statement on your post, which sounded exactly like a traditional DM game (and technically speaking, it still is in many respects).

41 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Eh, to be fair, I've not played it.  I was just basing my statement on your post, which sounded exactly like a traditional DM game (and technically speaking, it still is in many respects).

true my description sucked. but it is honestly a unique game

I haven't played the game yet, but I started watching live streams wondering what all the fuss was about. I originally thought it was going to be boring/run-of-the-mill type shooter. Spectating has convinced me to give it a try soon. The reason I thought it would be boring at first was because I didn't watch long enough. Players spend a lot of time at first looking for loot to equip themselves properly, and due to the loot RNG system, you never know what you'll find. As the area decreases in size, things get intense. Strategy, tactics, and actual "skill" become critically important. They still have some bugs to work out, as do all pre-released/beta test games do, but the dev's seem to be very responsive which seems unusual these days. I'm going to give it a try. xD

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

Why do people keep paying money for games that aren't finished and will never be finished? Then again maybe it's more sad that broken, buggy games with crappy developers is a more fun ride than the AAA titles they keep churning out

Congratulations for them, that's a feat in that time period.

5 hours ago, YedZed said:

no I was just saying, like, I've had CSGO for like 6 months, its my most played game, and I think of 300 hours as a ton... And then normal people have like 200 hours on a game and I'm like whoa

Well over 5k in EE.. 2100 in Warfarm.. 700+ in ATS.. 700+ in Dirty Bomb.. Making me feel bad here.

6 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Congratulations for them, that's a feat in that time period.

Well over 5k in EE.. 2100 in Warfarm.. 700+ in ATS.. 700+ in Dirty Bomb.. Making me feel bad here.

You'd think as a teenager I'd have more time... Lol no, 12 hour school days...

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

I thought this game looked super dumb a month ago, kept seeing it on streams though and started to see the appeal, bought it about a week ago and after a few games being a bit blah...it's absolutely made of crack, it's a great title and I can't wait to see what they keep doing with it. 

Your Local Crypto Trading, Competitive Gaming Slut <3

NZXT S340 Elite | 7700k | Corsair H110i | Asus Dual 1070 | 16GB G.Skill Aegis RAM | Rosewill Photon 650w Modular PSU

3 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Yeah, as other said on Steam when talking in numbers, people always forget Battle.net to mention and compare. 

Though as far as this game, I don't see such appeal. It's not something new really, such gameplay existed before through other games mods. Just a battle royale game. 

Battle.net doesnt display how many concurrent players are on tho (unless that changed recently)

7 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

If you're coming down from 500k all the way to 38k meaning you lost 95%-ish of your player base it basically means dead by any means.

I've been Playing Planetside 2 right along and the player base has been in steady decline practically since its release in 2012. When would you consider it "dead"? 

PS2popsteamgraph_zps444b4aba.jpg.e9ae8e7097670bfa9440d3c723d731b5.jpg

1 hour ago, RagnarokDel said:

Battle.net doesnt display how many concurrent players are on tho (unless that changed recently)

Yeah that's kinda harder to know I guess. But, Blizz games have like a ton of players. Like more than two times than Steam though. Which was last I remember less than 70M for Steam right. For Battle.net I'm sure it's around twice as that easy.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Man I keep hearing about this game, and all I can think of whenever I read the title is "That sounds like a horrible name."
For a while I didn't realize the creator was named PlayerUnknown, so I thought it was just called "Player Unknown Battlegrounds"  as in "The battleground is unknown to the Player" which didn't help.

8 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Anybody else still doesn't gets this game? The premise doesn't seems all that compelling to me, just something a GTA V modder would have come up with for example. Maybe I'm waaay off but it seems like a popular push-back reaction to modern FPS titles and their completely stunted innovation for now years: people are so desperate to play a decent shooter than they'll take even a mediocre one with a somewhat clever mechanic just as long as it's new and not just another Re-skin of Battlefield or CoD.

7 hours ago, Droidbot said:

another shitty 'early access' game with shitty visuals, performance, and using streamers to advertise. 

playerunknown is a cunt also, banning streamers for obvious banter between people. 

this is the next h1z1 KoTK/ark survival evolved where it breaks a record then dies in the ass. 

5 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

its not about the idea or that, this is the first game in a long time I actually shit my self in, it requires a lot of thinking a head and not just running around gunning people, The complete lack of a hud and radar means you need to find the person shooting you. its got nothing to do with playing a decent shooter or that its a damn good game, and the only one of its kind that had done it right, Yes Ark and H1 have there versions of it but its their game modified to this mode, this game was built for it and it pulls it off damn well. 

The big thing to remember by making it a stand alone game they reached a wider audience. IE i've never had ANY interest in H1 or dayZ so you tell me they have a cool game mode thats "PUBG" and I'm still not buying the game when its already put me off, I own ark and have Zero interest in its mode because its still the same game and i've already not enjoying that game. 

7 hours ago, tom_w141 said:

PUBG is using UE4. It has nothing to do with Arma anymore. Player Unknown (the person) made a popular Arma mod and turned it into a standalone game.

This honestly suprises me a lot, as it looks and feels exactly like arma, wish they would do more with the UE4 engine, or hell Imagine EA (And never ever thought I would say this as I hate them so damn much) bought it and PUBG2 comes with Frostbite engine.. that would be pretty damn insane!!

6 hours ago, 2Buck said:

Yep. Most of the people who play this game are sheep that just want to play the latest and most popular games to fit in. I know someone who literally only plays what's popular, then moves on when the next comes out. FNAF, Undertale, Minecraft, Overwatch, CSGO, etc. And now he's obsessed with this game. I don't get people like this.

look at the games you listing, they were each the first of there kind (Except Overwatch, thats just TF2 but polished and its understandable as TF has been abandoned by the devs) they not sheep they people wanting to play some of the "freshest" games around, if all they play is the latest COD and talk about how amazing it is, those are sheep as that game does NOTHING new and the sheep still buy and play it. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Don't get it. PUBG is just a (somehow) worse version of ARMA 2/3 wasteland mod.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

2 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

its not about the idea or that, this is the first game in a long time I actually shit my self in, it requires a lot of thinking a head and not just running around gunning people, The complete lack of a hud and radar means you need to find the person shooting you. its got nothing to do with playing a decent shooter or that its a damn good game, and the only one of its kind that had done it right, Yes Ark and H1 have there versions of it but its their game modified to this mode, this game was built for it and it pulls it off damn well. 

It does has a familiar ring to it:

Hardcore mode is an alternative to the normal playlists in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Call of Duty: Black Ops IICall of Duty: Ghosts, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. As the name suggests, the gameplay is much more unforgiving and realistic, making general gameplay more skill-based, with the following implications:

• Significantly less health - Players can only withstand 30 damage before dying or going into Last Stand/Final Stand/Second Chance/Dead Man's Handmode. This practically makes every weapon kill in one or two hits unless losing damage due to bullet penetration.
  • Limited HUD - The player's HUD is limited to certain objective related things, such as objective markers and whether the player has an enemy flag in Capture the Flag for example. Green names are also seen above teammates, but the red text on enemies is absent. Normal HUD features such as the mini-map, ammo counter and equipment slots are missing. The minimap will be available for the duration of a UAV (and its other variants). In some games, the map is available without it in the pause menu as well. In the hardcore Wii version of Call of Duty: World at War, there is a white dot used as a reticle in the game. In Modern Warfare 2, all notifications (upper right corner of the screen) of players calling in or destroying killstreaks, achieving match targets or other notifications such as triple kills are disabled, with the exceptions of enemy players copying their class or destroying their tactical insertion.
  • Friendly Fire on - Teammates can be damaged and killed. Deliberate team-killers are punished; in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, a player is automatically killed and sat out for a period of time after 3 or more team-kills (in the latter, certain actions such as killing the team with a launcher in the start of a round can lead to much harsher penalties). Additionally, a player-controlled Killstreak ends prematurely if the penalty is given. In Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Black Ops II the player is automatically kicked out of the game (and is banned from joining the session) after three team-kills. In Call of Duty: Black Ops II, if the player does this too many times, they will be placed in "probation" which temporary disables the player from joining any match. Some Killstreak/Scorestreak kills do not count towards a kick, a notable example being the Warthog.

-------

Current Rig

-------