PUBG breaks half-a-mil simultaneous player record, overall second after DOTA

Nicnac
14 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

or hell Imagine EA (And never ever thought I would say this as I hate them so damn much) bought it

Please burn in hell.

EA if you are reading move along. No need to buy this game xD I don't need a PUGB deluxe edition or a season pass. Nothing to see here, please return to murdering the battlefield/battlefront series. Don't defile all the things I love(d) *looks over at battlefront 2 (the fucking real one)* R.I.P you legend.

14 hours ago, Vernw3 said:

the cancer of using a controller on that game what will it have aim assist how is that gonna work with snipers its gonna be horrible 

Yeah R.I.P console players.

14 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

No I do not, I've been saying. Get over it already.

I think you need to stop posting then or buy it and see for yourself. Remember if you hate it steam will refund you for playing less than 2 hours.

14 hours ago, Droidbot said:

From what I've seen

I think you need to stop posting then or buy it and see for yourself. Remember if you hate it steam will refund you for playing less than 2 hours.

13 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

but I feel like I'm never going to get very far if I play it myself because I don't have enough free time to learn all the spawn locations and map layouts and such.

You can't learn it, well not in the sense you can learn other games :) you won't be at a disadvantage by playing casual. You can learn likely car spawns buts its not guaranteed. Weapon/armour spawns are entirely random. Playing a lot only helps you learn the map really.

44 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

It cost me £20 and I've got over 200 hours on it and I'm not bored. I've paid £50-60 for triple A titles that have gotten old in less than half that time. Why on Earth should a popular game be free? The low cost is very reasonable imo + its still in dev. Right now its fun and still only has 1 map. 2 more are in development and I can't wait.

Btw so far 200 hours for £20 = £0.1/hour. I'd say I definitely not my money's worth and I'm not done yet.

If this was free it would have to make money somehow and would probably be flooded with pay to win/micro transactions

Well it's comparing played hours with MP game vs SP which is not really a fair compare is it. For example OW is p2p which I and many though it would be f2p though. But given Blizz rep and so it's different I guess. 

And being free could make money with just customization shops like games as HotS and no p2w which is just lame.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Just now, Doobeedoo said:

Well it's comparing played hours with MP game vs SP which is not really a fair compare is it. For example OW is p2p which I and many though it would be f2p though. But given Blizz rep and so it's different I guess. 

And being free could make money with just customization shops like games as HotS and no p2w which is just lame.

Why on earth would OW be free? Why do you feel so entitled? OW is a great game and fairly cheap £20-30 for what it is. You realise dev and servers cost money?

4 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Why on earth would OW be free? Why do you feel so entitled? OW is a great game and fairly cheap £20-30 for what it is. You realise dev and servers cost money?

TF2 is free, and that had dev costs and has been up for years. 

36 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

I'd rather not buy this for $30US, I've got much better things to do with my money. Like buying Doom, or something else that isn't going to be the next H1Z1. 

Or food. Probably food. 

2h is not enough to get a feel for if the game is shit or not.

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

TF2 originally wasn't free, I paid for it.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, The Benjamins said:

TF2 originally wasn't free, I paid for it.

And if you paid for it, you got a premium pass that did a whole lot of nothing. 

And a hat.

I like the hat.

idk

7 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

2h is not enough to get a feel for if the game is shit or not.

A story driven game I'd agree with you but in this type of game its definitely long enough. 1-2 matches is probably long enough lol.

Yeah and isn't it old/abandoned?

I've got much better things to do with my money

Lastly if this is your viewpoint then maybe stop posting when you lack 1st hand experience. After all if you refuse to try it how can you judge it and critique it?

We will see what will happens in a few months. It's not unusual to have games working very very well, then fade away into disarray for lack of enjoyment on the long run. Battlefield 1 is a good example of that

50 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Lol "entitled" card. Did I rage or something I wanted it for free? No. Many though it would be free, that's it, calm down. I know what costs money, HotS haves more work to be done than OW and is free for example, they manage it with microtransactions which brings them huge amounts of money. Was expected by people OW would go same route. Either way, they did good marketing and they knew they can pull it off more for style of game than HotS top down moba game.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

13 hours ago, Megah3rtz said:

Because will the release it'll be on Xbone. Also they promised to have it released within a year or less. 

Then it will release in a beta-like state on all platforms. They have way too many problems for it to be what I'd call ready within a year.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

Many though it would be free

Source?

manage it with microtransactions

God no, microtransactions = cancer

Was expected by people OW would go same route

Thank god they didn't.

13 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Source?

Many comments on various sites and posts before release while game was in beta. Until it was revealed the price model from Blizz many speculated.

God no, microtransactions = cancer

Sure no one likes them. But if it's just skins it's ok I guess.

Thank god they didn't.

Well it did work as I said given company rep and marketing.

3 hours ago, Droidbot said:

Yeah, and TF2 would still be alive if they supported it with real content instead of in-game crates and items. TF2 is dead because it went free to play. The only lucrative way to support a free to play game is to rig it up to the steam economy, and after 2011, that's about all they did to the game. Overwatch's dev team is currently over ten times larger than the TF2 team since it released, and while it does have micro-transactions built in, they actually add new content regularly. And don't tell me that any of the recent updates to TF2 are good content, they are all largely failures like competitive that even further ruined the atmosphere of the game.

On the subject of Battlegrounds, I play it regularly but I reckon it will be "dead" by December. There is absolutely no way the devs could keep me playing after the concept of running around for half an hour and getting 2nd place gets stale, and it already is going to be if they don't add fpp squad matches.

Many comments on various sites and posts before release while game was in beta. Until it was revealed the price model from Blizz many speculated.

I think it's no reason for anybody to be disappointed or upset unless the devs constantly hinted at it being f2p or something. It's not No Man's Sky we're talking about here.