Dell 24inch 4K display!

GoodBytes

4k monitor @24"? guess there would be no need for AA on that beauty.

CPU: Intel 4770k @ 4.6Ghtz MB: Asus z87-Deluxe RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red 1866mhtz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GBx2 PSU: Corsair HX1000 GPU: ASUS GTX 780 DCU2 Case: Define R4

LTC: LeBdcWLcreZREjTRHJsi3vN4oRDVvqRNXf

Soon Apple will make a 27" 4k display at the reasonable price of 9 million gold coins.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

This is absolutely amazing news! I'm going to get four of them!

I bet they are using the same panel as LG. Philips recently announced a 4k, 23.8" monitor last month and it will be releasing for 999 Euros and it should be available in Q1 2014. Supposedly it's using a LG panel: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/69770-238-phillips-4k-monitor-due-2014-plans-for-a-28-as-well/?hl=philips

I even speculated Dell would be releasing a 4k, ~24" monitor as well;

Well they are supposedly using a LG panel, so we could see Dell or other manufacturers using said panel as well!

Pretty sure this will be over 2k and they don't say anything about hdmi 2.0 I won't be getting any 4k until there's 4k oled and a standard input that I only have to use 1 cable.

are all these 4K IPS panels IGZO ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Me wantie.

post-15026-0-86404300-1385717781.gif

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

So they can make a 24" 4k display but it's impossible to make anything smaller than a 27" 1440p display ?

That wouldn't make any sense, it's all about DPI, and 4k on a ~24" display maintains the same scaling ratio as 1920x1080 does. 2560x1440 wouldn't.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Hmm, I need to find out the price. If it's good I might contemplate on getting one or 3... not for gaming obviously.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

These are obviously for professional use (just look at that wide gamut, omnomnom), so I'm guessing they'll retail at around $1000-1500 at the very least at launch, which isn't that bad. Would love to see it in 27" format though, 24" is too small to be interesting really.

Cheers,

Linus

They look like they're going to be sooooooooooooo cheap! Give me 10 of those. /s

It'll be a while before I have a good reason to get a 4k monitor but damn that picture quality will be amazing! Bet it'll retail at over £800 :(

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Pretty sure this will be over 2k and they don't say anything about hdmi 2.0 I won't be getting any 4k until there's 4k oled and a standard input that I only have to use 1 cable.

It uses HDMI 1.4, which can to 4k at 30Hz. For 60Hz and 10-bit colors, use DisplayPort. The connector you are SUPPOSED to use.

are all these 4K IPS panels IGZO ?

No. As mentioned, IGZO panel have a 176 degree view angle, this Dell one has 178 degree. So, it's an IPS panel.

looks like a mac :| when will BenQ be releasing there 4k model? 

Character artist in the Games industry.

Man... an inch bigger than my monitor and 4 times the pixels. I could really get used to that for sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :) Hopefully it's on the cheaps, I wouldn't mind getting it if it's under $1k

And here i am thinking about buying a dell u3014

i wonder what resolution the new 30 inch will be then

Its all about those volumetric clouds

If they price this right it could replace multi monitor setups

If they price this right it could replace multi monitor setups

Seeing that a monitor of this grade is around 500$ (1080p/1200p). And this monitor is 4x 1080p. If the monitor is 1.5k, you still save 1 monitor, plus no frame in between.

Honestly I'm a bit tired of all these monitors that will have 4K, but be too expensive for most of us because they are aimed at the professional space with their 10bit color and whatnot.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Not really bothered, I bought a U2713HM (1440p) and that was perfect, Gtx660 was enough for most of what I did gaming wise and I shall be buying another direct from Dell as the replacement I wanted I had it changed to refund, 4k just won't be here consumer wise for another year or so. Viewing text on this monitor may be hard due to the incredible pixel density and the viewing distance?, so good luck to people with bad eyesight. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Honestly I'm a bit tired of all these monitors that will have 4K, but be too expensive for most of us because they are aimed at the professional space with their 10bit color and whatnot.

These kinds of products are always introduced to the market as professional products because that will validate a bit of a higher price, while the average consumer will see the technology being adapted into cheaper stuff when companies have helped the manufacturer pay off some of the R&D and tooling costs. And also, 4K monitors are insane for the average consumer—What would they do with them? As long as there are no single, fairly affordable graphics card out that can comfortably run games at 4k there's really no point in selling this monitor to consumers. No, this is great for developers and artists, not for everyday gaming. 

Cheers,

Linus

I think I'm gunna have to wait for a 4k with G sync that tech sounds too sweet to pass up