New Vardar EVO fans with 0dB technology

The Benjamins

EK Water Blocks, the Slovenia-based premium computer liquid cooling gear manufacturer is releasing a new lineup of its renowned EK-Vardar fans. Developed in-house and first introduced in 2014, EK-Vardar fans have now evolved into new EK-Vardar EVO lineup. EK-Vardar EVO fans with Extended range (ER) of PWM operation feature a special Start-Stop function which brings a true 0dB experience for the absolute silent fan operation. The electronics of the new ER EVO fan has been specially tweaked so that the fan stops spinning if the PWM signal falls below a certain duty cycle value. Not only will you be able to enjoy a totally silent PC, but this feature is also very useful for preventing radiator dust buildup in idling PCs and prolongs the lifecycle of the fan itself.

Vardar_Blog_Banner@2x-100.jpg

These new fans seem nice, lately i have been more leaning to trying EK fans for my next builds.

They seem to preform well, what do you guys think.

EK-Vardar EVO is industrial grade high-static pressure computer cooling fan, designed and built primarily for highest-performance computer liquid cooling systems. The Vardar EVO family of cooling fans carries the notorious name of a type of the cold northwesterly wind blowing from the mountains down to the valleys of Macedonia. It is a type of ravine wind, enhanced by a channeling effect while blowing down through the Moravia-Vardar gap, bringing cold conditions from the north to the Thessaloniki area of Greece. Most frequent during winter, it is blowing in the rear of a depression when atmospheric pressure over eastern Europe is higher than over the Aegean Sea.

EK-Vardar_EVO_120_Group_1-705x370.jpg

EK-Vardar_EVO_140_Group_1-705x370.jpg

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

neat to see fans with a feature like this but i thought you could already turn them off with speedfan or whatever?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

neat to see fans with a feature like this but i thought you could already turn them off with speedfan or whatever?

ya that's what I thought, so I am not to sure what this means.

maybe the off setting is motherboard controller dependent and this works on all controllers.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, The Benjamins said:

ya that's what I thought, so I am not to sure what this means.

maybe the off setting is motherboard controller dependent and this works on all controllers.

seems like a strange marketing gimic to me to be honest, someone that cares should throw EK and email about this, i just dont care enough about these fans to do it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

At first I thought it meant the fan spinning would cause no sound at all, but if its just stopping the fan, then its really not a true 'fan with 0db'.

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

I think they just modified the PWM feature so if it reaches a low enough speed, they just make it stop spinning instead. Probably could emulate similar things with software fan curves anyway, instead of having the fan decide for itself.

Got excited and thought there was a huge breakthrough like they were 0dB while at a decent speed.

-_-

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

This could be very useful for when I have my PC in a windy field, or for my Intel atom and 1050ti full custom watercooling loop.

All I'm saying is you can at idle run with no fans for probably 30mins before you heat up the water in the loop.

How long are the fan not going to spin for in a modern AAA game or doing anything that puts any load on the system.

would still buy noctuas

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Meh on every Asus board (probably others too) you can achieve the same with Fanexpert with any fan.

Not sure if this is useful or just a marketing gag. The performance of the fans are good though (assuming the are the same as the old Vardars).

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

7 minutes ago, Vode said:

Meh on every Asus board (probably others too) you can achieve the same with Fanexpert with any fan.

Not sure if this is useful or just a marketing gag. The performance of the fans are good though (assuming the are the same as the old Vardars).

Most motherboards don't have a feature like this. Or, if it does, the software is shit and takes an act of god to get working (Gigabyte)

2 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

Most motherboards don't have a feature like this. Or, if it does, the software is shit and takes an act of god to get working (Gigabyte)

Oh ok I thought the newer Mainboard all have something like this?

Although I had an X99 Mobo from Gigabyte from 2014. You are right, it's trash. :P Stability and RAM compatibility was good I'm talking interface and fan control.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, Vode said:

Oh ok I thought the newer Mainboard all have something like this?

Although I had an X99 Mobo from Gigabyte from 2014. You are right, it's trash. :P Stability and RAM compatibility was good I'm talking interface and fan control.

A lot of new boards do, but still not all of them, and i would say the vast majority of people are using boards that are a generation or two old anyway.

I love my X370 Gaming 5 but it took me forever to get SIV working, and that's the only thing that actually lets you use your temp sensors and GPU temps for fan speed.

Do people really care about silence that much?  Or am I the only one not sitting in complete silence when on my PC and care about how little noise quality fans make?

3 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Do people really care about silence that much?  Or am I the only one not sitting in complete silence when on my PC and care about how little noise quality fans make?

Well, usually there is near silence at my work place and definitly at home. The only thing that is doing noticeable noice are my PC and my cat.

Sure there are cars driving by you can hear, but making that PC more quiet is always something i try to do.

If only those 100% passive coolers would be more affordable.

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Silence by turning off the fan...

Wow, someone get a PSU company to make a 'Total 0DB' function that just turns your computer off when it's enabled. :o

you should patent that, you never know when it might come handy

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Yes. One of the benefits of doing a full custom loop is the ability to make things much quieter. At some point I really want to get a block for my GPU because that damn thing is loud when starts up and my case is not exactly designed for sound dampening.

Just now, Derangel said:

Yes. One of the benefits of doing a full custom loop is the ability to make things much quieter. At some point I really want to get a block for my GPU because that damn thing is loud when starts up and my case is not exactly designed for sound dampening.

My point is Noctua fans are already quiet enough. A GPU sounding like a plane is one thing but need complete silence is another. 

1 hour ago, S.Stephenson said:

This could be very useful for when I have my PC in a windy field, or for my Intel atom and 1050ti full custom watercooling loop.

All I'm saying is you can at idle run with no fans for probably 30mins before you heat up the water in the loop.

How long are the fan not going to spin for in a modern AAA game or doing anything that puts any load on the system.

That's what I was thinking: constant airflow keeps the loop balanced but without any airflow at all you'd have to put like twice or three times the amount of radiators so your thermal capacity from the total pipes on it's own can absorb your idle temps.

Seems rather wasteful vs just low RPM that the user manages to tune down to low enough for comfort while still maintaining the balance at idle. Plus I think the start and stop of the fans is overall not as good for them as just lowering the RPM: preeetty sure that cuts into their effective life.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

My point is Noctua fans are already quiet enough. A GPU sounding like a plane is one thing but need complete silence is another. 

If it was viable with a case I actually liked I probably would try for a completely silent build.

33 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

There are actually a number of people a fan like this would make sense for. Music production and audiophile users are one big target, especially since both those groups might not be using enthusiast grade motherboards with software to do something like this.

feature a special Stop* function which brings a true 0dB experience for the absolute silent fan operation.

So if you turn off the fan, it makes no noise......

No Shit 

fucking clickbait bullshit

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25