"Never again" products

Mooshi

Razer Mice, Logitech Headphones.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

SanDisk - everything from them fucking dies!

LG - Looping Guaranteed™ 

OnePlus - shipping me a faulty phone, but I would buy another of their devices if it was nice. 

Netflix - little selection, limited to 720p, this garbage doesn't stop me downloading movies in good quality not giving a fuck

Spotify - cancerous garbage that makes you pay for 320kbps and has so little selection especially around niche shit, I'll stick to downloading 320k MP3s and FLACs

Gigabyte - shitty GPU dies on 3 year mark then retailer had shut down, they have no Australian branch and everything is done through resellers around warranty.

idk

On 7/17/2017 at 3:39 PM, Gaurav S Rao said:

Bomb,AK-47,Intel Pentium 4,Chinese phone chargers,extreme cheap stuff on eBay,2.5 inch floppy disks (O_O).

Wait......no AK-47 The best reliable assault rifle. Pay less in Africa than a bottle of water.

Razer Mouse (used Copperhear), led stripe died at first month, plastic was rude and fragile, and amd box cooler, insane rpm and small size, that combination is true disaster.

msi motherboards. I've owned two and broken two. hex curse or something

______     ______     ______     ______     __  __     __   __     ______     __   __     ______     ______  
/\  __ \   /\  == \   /\  __ \   /\  ___\   /\ \_\ \   /\ "-.\ \   /\  ___\   /\ "-.\ \   /\  ___\   /\__  _\ 
\ \  __ \  \ \  __<   \ \  __ \  \ \ \____  \ \  __ \  \ \ \-.  \  \ \  __\   \ \ \-.  \  \ \  __\   \/_/\ \/ 
 \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\ \_\  \ \_____\  \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\\"\_\  \ \_____\  \ \_\\"\_\  \ \_____\    \ \_\ 
  \/_/\/_/   \/_/ /_/   \/_/\/_/   \/_____/   \/_/\/_/   \/_/ \/_/   \/_____/   \/_/ \/_/   \/_____/     \/_/ 

Garmin automotive GPS, can't find jack shit.

2 hours ago, GreenZombie said:

Wait......no AK-47 The best reliable assault rifle. Pay less in Africa than a bottle of water.

Only Russian made AK/AKS/AKM/RPKs and US made civilian MAK 47.

Chinese, Middle Eastern, and Afrikan AK's are no where near as reliable.

And the AK's reliability is HUGELY exaggerated, the thing will jam under the same scenarios that an M16/M4 A2 or newer, HK 412/416, modern FN FAL or any Vietnamese military copy, and about a dozen other weapons still seeing military use, will.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 7/17/2017 at 6:46 PM, kaiju_wars said:

Oh, I don't care for the Civic and I mostly drive pickup trucks.  The Honda "pickup" truck is not a real truck.  (At least, most truck guys feel this way about it)

The newest version of it is fairly comparable to an extended cab Dodge Dakota with a V6. The first generation of the Ridgeline was an SUV with the back cut off, but throw in a 5.7 V8, 6.7 Turbo diesel i6, or powerstroke V8, and they'd be near perfect towing rigs.

Also, 100% agree on ratrod and rice car Civics.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Every printer ever (except one Epson printer)

Also all the bloat which the printer manufacturers want you to install.

Who the heck needs Canon Image Garden??

Acer .... have only had one product from them that wasnt garbage... a cheap bt keyboard for tablets (altho it doesnt get much use it works when ive needed it)

7 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

except one Epson printer

I've got an Epson. Piece of shit goes through ink like no tomorrow, color is completely off on both print and scans, and it needs the ink head cleaned and recalibrated every few months.

8 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

Also all the bloat which the printer manufacturers want you to install.

Who the heck needs Canon Image Garden??

At least Canon, Brother, and HP let you actually uninstall it. Epson's bullshit can't be uninstalled without diving into a dozen hidden directories and if you're on  Win8/10 with any sync settings enabled, it'll automatically install on any machine you set up.

Fuck Epson, cheap shit.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Well i remember posting somewhere similar such as this thread, but why not do it again :P.

• Logitech Speakers - Dreadful, power buttons always come poorly installed, build quality is subpar and sound quality leaves a lot to be desired... also no cable management straps or ties offered in the box with a total of 5 speakers and 1 subwoofer.
  • EVGA GPU's - My GPU died not too long ago on me this year, a GTX 770 SC/ACX 2GB, and altough it did surpass the expected 2 year warranty program (did not get the 3 year extended warranty program, but that wouldnt help here either ways and their support couldnt understand when i explained to them so a bad support service they have) and given that its temperatures were always well below 75ºC even underload, 4 years of useful life is too short for me so this brand is a no go in the future.
  • Android smartphones "non pure" - Yeah, no more android phones for me unless they are a stock experienced delivered and designed by Google (Pixel lineup). Too many issues and headaches already thanks to Samsung Galaxy software and repair/support services. I dont want to stay in the forgotten zone of Android forever and i want a phone that feels as snappy as my computer and wont fail me when i need it the most... cough... touchwiz... cough.

Pretty sure there are more things i wouldnt buy and i think ill have to say Razer...

I have a Blackwidow Chroma V2 and it works excellently, great build quality and keystroke feedback, but their Synapse software is horrible and for me this is their first and last product... i cant live with something that wont even allow me to use custom profiles because "antivirus", even the stock defender interferes unless i start all Razer software with administrator privileges... sigh.

Groomlake Authority

sharkoon(xtatic digital has terrible build quality)

anything ITSale(Swedish computer scam more or less AKA where i got my first computer)

ASUS motherboards (support is shit, they have all been broken in some way)

Toilet Paper Link anything (atleast new, used i could give a thought to their routers, already have one as an access point in my room)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Dell. Worst customer service I've ever head in my life. Tl;dr version is that I was home the entire day 4 different days for someone to show up and no one showed up.

4 hours ago, Drak3 said:

I've got an Epson. Piece of shit goes through ink like no tomorrow, color is completely off on both print and scans, and it needs the ink head cleaned and recalibrated every few months.

At least Canon, Brother, and HP let you actually uninstall it. Epson's bullshit can't be uninstalled without diving into a dozen hidden directories and if you're on  Win8/10 with any sync settings enabled, it'll automatically install on any machine you set up.

Fuck Epson, cheap shit.

Strange, my toner cartridge has been running fox 8 years, only has a single failure dot.

HP Printers, they are evil hell spawn that don't like to map to computers and not set up correct IP on a network.

Kodak Printers are right behind them.  Pain in the rear they are.

Would list more, but I did not buy the equipment.  Just equipment I dealt with doing help desk.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

On 7/16/2017 at 11:07 PM, TheKDub said:

Asus phones are complete crap in terms of quality, and Asus doesn't stick to their word. I'm never buying another Asus phone again, and it'll be tough to get me to even consider another Asus product with the other crap I've been hearing about them. (Terrible support, more poor quality)

My family has a bunch of ZenFones and I can agree with you that the ZenFone 2 is quite terrible. However, my brother got me the ZenFone 3 for my birthday and I was actually impressed by how much they improved. It is a lot faster, more responsive, decent camera, nice display, fingerprint sensor, 64gb and all for $250. My only gripes about it is that I dislike the position of the lock button and the vibration is very weak making it hard to notice texts sometimes.

I also do have a Logitech G600 mouse that I have banged and dropped repeatedly, but there is no visible damage and works like new.

For me, I dislike Razer. The Kraken sound quality sounds very artificial and is very big and clunky. I also hate Razer Synapse because there were times where I had to manually delete a Synapse service just to get the audio working and I could not get it to work on my MacBook Air at all. It also concerns me that Razer refuses to name any of their manufacturing partners but only confirmed that they were using Chinese switches after the Kailh logo was found on their boards. 

But tbh, a lot of closed headphones can't satisfy me after using my CALs and DT 1350 so that may be something to consider.

Hmmm... For me:

Sony: The Xperia Z1 was terrible, gave them a second chance with the Z3 which was better but still bad. Both had camera overheating issues, and felt like half-assed products.

PowerColor: The r9 285 I have has coil whine and came with a cooler that would've never been able to handle the Tonga GPU on the 285. Had to buy a kraken G10 and a h55.

Thankfully this will be replaced soon, because I'll be buying my girlfriend's RX480 Nitro+ (I also know it hits 1.4ghz stable, which makes it faster than a stock 580), probably the only RX480 I'll be able to find that hasn't been mined on.

Ubisoft: I tried to play HAWX 2 a year after it came out and it didn't work because it was online only and their servers were down, Ubisoft hasn't seen a penny from me since AC: Brotherhood.

Toshiba: Anything from their Satelite/Satelite Pro line of laptops. Their Protege line is okay.

Gigabyte: I've had so many problems with my AB350 Gaming-3 (and the BIOS sucks) that I don't want to ever buy from gigabyte again.

Apple: Macbook Air was plagued with fan speed issues, and mac os is wierd af anyway. I'd only ever consider buying a music player with a Hi-fi DAC/ headphone AMP, which my phone has.

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

21 hours ago, ibabyslapper said:

Toshiba: Anything from their Satelite/Satelite Pro line of laptops. Their Protege line is okay.

I second this, both my old Toshiba C855D and my grandma's satellite laptops died.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

ASUS laptops.

You said try not to blacklist whole brands, so I'm only going for the laptops (product affected).

I'd never buy ASUS again. Even my ASUS mobo has issues (not too bad though).

2 hours ago, YedZed said:

Yes, I was quite happy to hear of that.  Now no one else will be sucked in by the low prices only to realize it's garbage.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yes, I was quite happy to hear of that.  Now no one else will be sucked in by the low prices only to realize it's garbage.

3 hours ago, YedZed said:

I've owned several Lexar flash drives and all of them still work, lol.

I guess that I'm lucky.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.