"Never again" products

Mooshi
1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yes, I was quite happy to hear of that.  Now no one else will be sucked in by the low prices only to realize it's garbage.

*counts flash drives* crap, they are all Lexar.

And I have a Micron SSD. xD 

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

22 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

I've owned several Lexar flash drives and all of them still work, lol.

I guess that I'm lucky.

Same

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

XFX GPUs - My R9 280X can not and I mean will not work with any other driver other than the one on the disk which I only found out AFTER upgrading to Windows 10 :(

Samsung Laser Printers - I've had TWO Colour laser printers die on me, I have only a Mono one left which was also made by Samsung but that was on offer for stupid money, invest in a good quality laser printer (HP ect).

Bush/Alba ANYTHING - Really shit quality stuff, had LOADS of their stuff just flat out die just outside of its warranty, gladly this brand(s) are UK Only. I never bought this crap but my parents did.

Seagate Hard Drives - Had around 5-6 Die over the last 8 Years and recently my Auntie lost all of her data due to the crap build quality of these drives. Replaced with a WD Blue.

Any cheap cables - When I mean cheap I mean the ones you find on eBay for a stupidly low price, Do they work? Yes, Do they work ... for a long time? No. I bought 5 USB Cables for my phone a while back and all broke within a month, so I bought some Anker ones and they've not had any issues.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

On 24/07/2017 at 9:10 AM, divito said:

This thread is too much anecdotal nonsense.

Except it's generally person experience with a particular product that prevents you from buying it again.

If you went to a restaurant and had horrible service, maybe the server was having an off day, your food came out cold and undercooked, But all the reviews were 5 stars. Would you go again? I wouldn't

Saying it's "nonsense" that people can't have opinions about what they will or will not buy based on person experience is really stupid

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Tesoro keyboards, i've only bought one keyboard from them and I hated it since like the first week I had it. I didn't realize until after the first week that sometimes like (1/2000 keystorkes) it would just not do anything and I'll miss the keystroke. Also torward the right side of they keyboard it would jitter like CRAZY.

999999999999999999999  = I hit 9, 20 times and it showed up 22 times.

Sharp smartphones.  I managed to bend it, and over the course of 365 days it looks like it's been through hell and back.  I don't recall my previous smartphones being this delicate.  That's ignoring the crap UI, chugs nearly constantly, and runs hotter than an HTC.  This was the SVH34 with a Snapdragon 820.

Save me Nokia.

Gonna add Razer mice/keyboard to the mix as well.  My run with Razer mice wasn't stellar.  While it wasn't a bad product when it worked, the lack of durability kinda pushed me towards other makers.  My friends had their luck crap out on Razer keyboards, so that's something that gives me little incentive to try them for that.

Oh, and MSI laptops.  Went through 2 of their gaming laptops before giving up and moving to Asus... also not stellar honestly, and I think I would have gone for something else if I had time to go through all that shit again.  In MSI's case, the utilities crashed on start up, the computer somehow blue-screened on me, and was generally unsatisfying on the software front.  (hardware though was on point... kudos for that at least)  Asus was 50/50 on my experiences... kinda settled down with it finally, but I'll probably be shopping around IF I never need another gaming laptop.  

1 hour ago, Sierra Fox said:

Except it's generally person experience with a particular product that prevents you from buying it again.

If you went to a restaurant and had horrible service, maybe the server was having an off day, your food came out cold and undercooked, But all the reviews were 5 stars. Would you go again? I wouldn't

Saying it's "nonsense" that people can't have opinions about what they will or will not buy based on person experience is really stupid

I didn't say people couldn't have opinions, but it's nonsense to use a ridiculously small sample size (law of small numbers) to discriminate against future products/purchases with a brand, product, service. It's a wholly naive way of thinking about the whole of industry in general.

On 7/23/2017 at 5:49 PM, GreenZombie said:

Wait......no AK-47 The best reliable assault rifle. Pay less in Africa than a bottle of water.

dont murder bro.

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

It's never intended, but sometimes at work, the shit hits the fan.

BpRatxbCAAAiBEX.jpg.b766ecbe27de4a441001122600b7f4ba.jpg

Apple, Mum bought me a phone so I was "popular", never stopped having problems with it like boot loops, sizzled logic boards the lot, luckily No screens have been smashed yet. £50 android phone outperforms it 10 fold! I don't normally splurge on tech for anything except my PC, its more of a problem with the retail stores.

The local computer store owner treats everyone as a 5 year old and suggests stuff that's WAY overpriced just because he "knows" what he's doing and that some people are gullible. My friend setup a hotline kind of thing and put a poster just outside his shop saying to call him before hand so you know what you should pay or need! No Kid on the estate likes him! thats it rant over :)

Tech:

AMD - have had consistently crap performance with them, on any variety of their processors or video cards.

Android - the fact that the US carriers have locked everything down tighter than a damn drum, and bloat galore (and the fact Google ALLOWED THIS)

Saitek (?) - Completely ruined by Mad Catz. I'm not hopeful with Logitech buying them, either.

Not tech:

Ikea desks - they used to have a decent A-leg design available, but now it's all T-legs. They're so wobbly I feel like the thing's going to break if I have to shake my mouse around too much.

Cars w/ Continuously Variable Transmission - hey kids, how'd you like to try and floor it only to have your transmission decide it doesn't want to go, as traffic bears down on you in the acceleration lane?

On 7/17/2017 at 0:25 AM, Max_Settings said:

Razer laptops

Why? I've been extremely happy with my blade stealth for what I use it for.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

9 minutes ago, HarryNyquist said:

Android - the fact that the US carriers have locked everything down tighter than a damn drum, and bloat galore (and the fact Google ALLOWED THIS)

Why should Google force carriers/handset manufacturers to do what they want? The whole point of Android and its ecosystem was to do what IBM did with PCs back in the 80s. Also I don't think most carriers really care what device you bring to the table as long as it's not going to do something nefarious like hack their network or something.

So... I think most of your complaints should be directed at the handset manufacturers.

Apple iPods - I have two, a 5th gen Video and a 4th gen Nano. Both were great devices when they worked. Bad sadly, both have their service ending problems. The video just recently died thanks to the solder on the sound chip cracking. I think this was due to my trip to Hong Kong and Japan. The higher temperature and the humidity problem expanded and cracked the solder. Cracking solder on the sound chip is apparently a common issue with this generation. My nano died probably 4 years ago thanks to the accelerometer failing. I've narrowed it down to that because in the diagnostic menu, it was the only thing that was not working. All in all, these two are probably the only electronic devices I have legitimately die on me.

Corsair - I had two 32GB USB 3.0 Voyagers that both stopped working after half a year in use. I also have a 4GB kit of XMS3 DDR3 that seemed to develop issues after the warranty expired. The only product from Corsair I didn't have an issue with is my A50 CPU cooler. But hey, if they somehow managed to mess up a fan and a metal heatsink, they shouldn't even be in this business. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

benQ screen, i have a 2720xl, been the most troubles i ever bought for 700 dollars, had 2 dead pixels in my first one, right in the center of the screen, they could not help me for 3 weeks before another pixel died, 

AMD GPUs. All of the ones Ive had die within a month. AMD No! Nvidia Yes!

On 23.7.2017 at 4:22 PM, ArachneNet said:

msi motherboards. I've owned two and broken two. hex curse or something

I believe you are cursed. *Throws holy water at you*. I had my m-atx MSI motherboard for 4 years, even with some coke spilled over it, and its now sitting in my brothers PC :) I am currently using a Z270 Tomahawk, hoping it will last just as long :D 

Ubisoft support

Corsair Void headset

G2A - 

BitFenix Nova Midi

Stock Intel Coolers.

9" angle grinders.

After having my patella tendon re-attached and the 2 weeks (6 to go :( ) learning to use my leg again is enough. 

Oh and I don't much like a certain brand of router that starts with D-****  but I may just have got two dodgy units 7 years apart.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

16 hours ago, Dalitten said:

I believe you are cursed. *Throws holy water at you*. I had my m-atx MSI motherboard for 4 years, even with some coke spilled over it, and its now sitting in my brothers PC :) I am currently using a Z270 Tomahawk, hoping it will last just as long :D 

haha! I hope so for you. and I could be well cursed xD

______     ______     ______     ______     __  __     __   __     ______     __   __     ______     ______  
/\  __ \   /\  == \   /\  __ \   /\  ___\   /\ \_\ \   /\ "-.\ \   /\  ___\   /\ "-.\ \   /\  ___\   /\__  _\ 
\ \  __ \  \ \  __<   \ \  __ \  \ \ \____  \ \  __ \  \ \ \-.  \  \ \  __\   \ \ \-.  \  \ \  __\   \/_/\ \/ 
 \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\ \_\  \ \_____\  \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\\"\_\  \ \_____\  \ \_\\"\_\  \ \_____\    \ \_\ 
  \/_/\/_/   \/_/ /_/   \/_/\/_/   \/_____/   \/_/\/_/   \/_/ \/_/   \/_____/   \/_/ \/_/   \/_____/     \/_/ 

• Logitech (headset had major issues, low quality but expensive keyboard)
  • Razer (not hardware, but software is rubbish in my opinion) 
  • Any brand of android phone other than nexus (because of slow updates) 
  • Linksys (routers are horrendous) 
  • Online courses (so many I haven't watched D: ) 

and of course if it was tech related I would add fast food to this.  That stuff is so rubbish, and I'm so against it.  

Thermaltake headset

- not abused and still snapped in half.

d-link routers are less desirable.

- not terrible experiences,  i was underwhelmed.

In my case it would be lower to mid-end logitech speakers and over the years I seem to be have stacked up on logitech products unknowingly due to their lower price tag compared to their competition 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M ||