Is this the answer from AMD on the rumoured i9 lineup?

DriesK
1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

Is this some new kind of trolling I don't know about?

Have you ever seen a thread derailed this quickly before? No one is even talking about the OT it's literally just been 2 pages of yelling at this guy lol

think we're in presents  the of a master troll

1 hour ago, NuclearKing said:

I cannot understand the idea of those Kaby Lake X chips. What is the benefit?! They dont seem to come with higher base clocks, and the current Kaby Lake i5's and i7's can be OC'd just the same, and have the same number of cores and threads. Will they be binned more aggressively, or what is the deal?

No difference they just changed the the name, Oh intel, Bamboozling us again :P 

that said, Really not liking the Ryzen 9 Naming scheme, thats so damn confusing. they should have done the R9 1900 10t/20c and The others as a Ryzen X3 or something to show them as really really overkill CPU's 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Look you can disagree with me and call me a troll all you want (which makes absolutely no sense at all as I don't believe in trolling). At the end of the day we all have the right to give our opinions on a topic. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Remember, they'll be built up of 4 (true core) modules, with the same limitations of the infinity fabric (if not worse). As it is PC133 Cas 2 SDRAM has lower latency, and that's existed for well over 17 years.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That's a beastly lineup I gotta say. Very good clocks also and tdp too. And same number of PCIe lanes with all SKUs is very nice. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

12 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Look you can disagree with me and call me a troll all you want (which makes absolutely no sense at all as I don't believe in trolling). At the end of the day we all have the right to give our opinions on a topic. 

I don't think you're a troll at all, and of course everybody is free to have an opinion. I'm just genuinely curious to know why you think competition that would benefit the consumer is annoying. 

You might have something interesting to say and an idea I may not have thought about. 

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why

2 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Both companies are trying to outdo each other now which is kinda childish...

It is about time. Competition is good. It is not childish its call capitalism "two companies competing to make a superior product and gain the larger consumer group". This will force Intel to no longer be complacent and make them innovate again pushing the market and product along as it should.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

these are not gaming cpus, logicaly AMD's are going to be better, so why would they slash the price, they can go for good margins, and they would still be much cheaper than intel.

7 minutes ago, ObscureMammal said:

I don't think you're a troll at all, and of course everybody is free to have an opinion. I'm just genuinely curious to know why you think competition that would benefit the consumer is annoying. 

You might have something interesting to say and an idea I may not have thought about. 

There was basically no competition since the last 8 years from AMD and now there is, we someone coming here and say it's annoying? Where was this person for the past 8 years then?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

What i WANT and i think is the smartest thing AMD can do to really destroy intel's i9 is for them to have dual processor mobos. That would literally be the punch to the groin that intel deserves.

Speaking of groin punches, there is a mod here that said if this was true and not naples he'd take one...  is he going to be in hiding now?

3 minutes ago, THE_maverick said:

What i WANT and i think is the smartest thing AMD can do to really destroy intel's i9 is for them to have dual processor mobos. That would literally be the punch to the groin that intel deserves.

Speaking of groin punches, there is a mod here that said if this was true and not naples he'd take one...  is he going to be in hiding now?

it will probably not happen, but there is still the possibility of one of the brands to make a E-atx Ws board with the server chipset

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

There was basically no competition since the last 8 years from AMD and now there is, we someone coming here and say it's annoying? Where was this person for the past 8 years then?

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus"

I like to hear what other people think, it's always worth discussing idea's and opinions 

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why

2 hours ago, Valentyn said:

Looking at the TDP of those AMD processors.....

W30cbnO.gif

It really is amazing how efficient those Ryzen SKU's are. They have defeated the meme

i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz |I| Hyper 212 EVO |I| ASUS STRIX Z270E |I| 8 GB DDR4 HyperX FURY
GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB @ 2088 MHz
DEEPCOOL TESSERACT WH |I| EVGA 500 W1 80+
1TB 7200rpm HDD |I| 120GB SSD
GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

Corsair K70 LUX RGB |I| Corsair M65 Pro RGB
PCPP: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/DHzYcf

3 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Both companies are trying to outdo each other now which is kinda childish...

What are you talking about??? This is called competition and it's great for the industry and even more importantly, great for us consumers! Certainly not childish.

Edit: Never mind, a million others beat me to it. :P

On topic:

Ryzen is amazing and blah blah blah we know. xD

Intel scared AF right now. Well, hopefully they are. Also, I wonder if these CPUs will use LGA.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

11 minutes ago, ObscureMammal said:

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus"

I like to hear what other people think, it's always worth discussing idea's and opinions 

What idea and opinion would you expect from a person, where they think competition is childish and annoying? 

New products brings competition and excitement, if one disagrees with it, maybe this is not the right thing and they should find things that captures their interest.

Heard these cpus will have more pins than Xeon Phi.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 hours ago, Valentyn said:

W30cbnO.gif

Yeah, this is something not enough people point out I feel. For being known for high TDPs and temps, Ryzen is crazy efficient. Double the cores, yet LESS power being used!

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

3 hours ago, Valentyn said:

W30cbnO.gif

what's up ? if a three digit TDP shocks you, i assume you never had a pentium 4 ? 

If the 1998 and 1998X are not compatible with Windows 98, then RIP forever AMD.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

7 hours ago, shermantanker said:

It's called capitalism and competition... it's a good thing.

Not when Intel has 3 billion to spend on R&D. How the he'll are they supposed to make that back if customers expect reduced cost? Ludicrous.

I just realized that almost this entire thread has been replies to and arguments over one comment xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

15 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Not when Intel has 3 billion to spend on R&D. How the he'll are they supposed to make that back if customers expect reduced cost? Ludicrous.

By making such a superior product that it's worth a ridiculous premium. It's not like Intel deserves to have that three billion dollar surplus if they're not competitive with the market.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

19 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

By making such a superior product that it's worth a ridiculous premium. It's not like Intel deserves to have that three billion dollar surplus if they're not competitive with the market.

Exactly.  Just because they have a lot of money to spend on R&D, doesn't mean they have to wastefully spend it.  AMD knows a thing or two about doing R&D with lean resources.  I'm not saying Intel needs to follow AMD's lead, of course, but they could learn a couple things from them.

If Intel can't figure out how to get a suitable ROI without overcharging their customers, then they're doing it wrong.