Fanboys/Fangirls?

What brands do you guys fanboy over? For me, it's Google. I'm a huge fan, Chromecast TV, Chromecast Audio, Google Home, Google Pixel, Moto 360 2(Motorola is owned by Google :-P). One day I'll top off the collection with a google glass but as long as they hang around at 1k+ I'm unsure of when that day will come LOL

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

1 minute ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

What brands do you guys fanboy over? For me, it's Google. I'm a huge fan, Chromecast TV, Chromecast Audio, Google Home, Google Pixel, Moto 360 2(Motorola is owned by Google :-P). One day I'll top off the collection with a google glass but as long as they hang around at 1k+ I'm unsure of when that day will come LOL

Sony, I'll just admit it...

Just now, Factory OC said:

Sony, I'll just admit it...

Don't worry...We all have guilty pleasures.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

Long time ago Samsung now LG. :D I'm not fan of samsung anymore because their sh1t is too expensive for me. LG's still not bad good quality products

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T |Asus M4A88T-M |A-DATA 8 GB(4x2) @1333|Asus R7 360 2G OC|Asus TA-M1|Hitachi 7211 1TB|Fortron 460W|Windows 10 pro 64

Just now, WashMachine said:

Long time ago Samsung now LG. :D I'm not fan of samsung anymore because their sh1t is too expensive for me. LG's still not bad good quality products

LG's really not that bad! I'm not a fan of their phones or ovens...but their TV's, monitors etc. are lovely.

The Louvre

Intel

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

Operating System Windows 10 Home

3 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

LG's really not that bad! I'm not a fan of their phones or ovens...but their TV's, monitors etc. are lovely.

Oh yeah. I'm using a 42 inch 1080P TV from them, and I will say, it is superb. We also own a Microwave and DVD player from them. We wanted a LG washing machine again, but the place we went to, it wasn't on special, but it was the next week...

I am not a fanboy of anything. Ok i kinder like intel over AMD but if they i will switch if they suddenly have weaker cores than AMD.

I only buy stuff when I need to. I mostly rely on reviews, but I of course make irrational buying decision in favor of big brands, just like everyone else.

7 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Well, after the LG G4, V10, Nexus 5X, G5, and V20 all having issues regarding bootlooping and permanent freezing... I avoid LG phones like the damned plague.

A lot of products I actually consider the competition to, I don't have a whole lot of loyalty unless the company treated me exceptionally well in warranty support. I believe NVIDIA is the only company I fanboy, and even then, I wouldn't say I do that too well. My personal preference has been NVIDIA for awhile due to NVIDIA basically owning the high end market, however I would never recommend their GTX 1050 through 1060 range of cards unless you're looking at a laptop. Hard to say on that one.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I actually cant think of a brand that I really like that I fanboy over. I moreso am a fan of the individual products and dont do the whole brand loyalty thing. That being said I guess I have a bunch of Razer and Apple stuff so I guess that counts!

14 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Logitech

3 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

Oh yeah. I'm using a 42 inch 1080P TV from them, and I will say, it is superb. We also own a Microwave and DVD player from them. We wanted a LG washing machine again, but the place we went to, it wasn't on special, but it was the next week...

Steer clear of their stoves for the love of everything holy.

The Louvre

Just now, CharminUltraStrong said:

Steer clear of their stoves for the love of everything holy.

Never had a stove from them, why should I stay away?

4 minutes ago, Suika said:

Well, after the LG G4, V10, Nexus 5X, G5, and V20 all having issues regarding bootlooping and permanent freezing... I avoid LG phones like the damned plague.

I believe NVIDIA is the only company I fanboy, and even then, I wouldn't say I do that too well. My personal preference has been NVIDIA for awhile due to NVIDIA basically owning the high end market, however I would never recommend their GTX 1050 through 1060 range of cards unless you're looking at a laptop. Hard to say on that one.

I wouldn't even go for a 1050 on a laptop, on avg. the 1060 is a 50-100$ premium.

The Louvre

Yep. I have a phone my MIGHTY G2 and an monitor which i bought for $49 :D it was on sale in local store. 22" 1080p :D

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T |Asus M4A88T-M |A-DATA 8 GB(4x2) @1333|Asus R7 360 2G OC|Asus TA-M1|Hitachi 7211 1TB|Fortron 460W|Windows 10 pro 64

Just now, Factory OC said:

Never had a stove from them, why should I stay away?

All they do is fail. Replaced the membrane 3 times on ours. Now we have a samsung stove.

The Louvre

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Logitech

#Logitechmouseandkeyboardmodmasterrace

I am actually going to mod my keyboard with RGB:)

Just now, CharminUltraStrong said:

All they do is fail. Replaced the membrane 3 times on ours. Now we have a samsung stove.

Sure, I will remember that, thanks.

6 minutes ago, Suika said:

I'm the proud owner of the nexus 5X and I've not experienced any bootloop issues yet, 4 months with the phone. I've android 7. I dropped it sometimes and the sound stopped working unfortunantly (from time to time like 3 seconds not working but whatevz. I don't use the speaker to listen to music) . Gotta buy a case xD.

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

Operating System Windows 10 Home

I wouldn't even go for a 1050 on a laptop, on avg. the 1060 is a 50-100$ premium.

The cheapest 1060 3GB laptops usually float around the $900 mark, I watch deals all the time lol. 1060 6GB is about a $100 extra, but usually you're also getting an improved display and overall better laptop with it.

That's without saying, I've seen 1050 Ti laptops for as low as $700, although those deals are a lot less frequent.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I have a slight bias for amd, but not to the point where i would buy bulldozer... 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Don't really go gag gag over brands.  I just hoard hardware no matter the brand.

Well, one exception.  A computer fan called Gentle Typhoons (looks at collection of GT-AP15s).

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Noctua...

7fc7ba691b3d42a3f8bc7a637914f4ba.png

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.