[Update: Processor and Internal Assembly] Xbox Project Scorpio Revealed - Mid cycle 4K console revolution?

6 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I don't think I'm that brave.  ?

I thought ssds didn't affect load times much unless it's something with a lot to load like an open world game or something with lots of load screens.

But you noticed a significant improvement on your Xbox One S?  That would be nice.  It does seem to take a bit longer than I'd like sometimes.  

It improves how snappy the OS feels as it helps with seek times. 

MCC and Halo 5 get to the main menu screen much faster and feels snappier, it depends.

It cuts down on load times as well. But it's not twice as fast as you would expect.

Also you have to clone your HDD with Clonezilla (with some specific settings) which only works if your SSD is equal or bigger in size than your HDD. If you want to do it do research first or ask me. ;)

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, Vode said:

It improves how snappy the OS feels as it helps with seek times. 

MCC and Halo 5 get to the main menu screen much faster and feels snappier, it depends.

It cuts down on load times as well. But it's not twice as fast as you would expect.

Also you have to clone your HDD with Clonezilla (with some specific settings) which only works if your SSD is equal or bigger in size than your HDD. If you want to do it do research first or ask me. ;)

That's nice it helps that much.  ?

I'll keep the idea in mind thank you.  

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

That's nice it helps that much.  ?

I'll keep the idea in mind thank you.  

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-should-you-upgrade-your-xbox-one-with-an-ssd

This is a comparison for loading time on the standard Xbone but I assume it's applicable to the One S

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

I think and I may be wrong but if consoles want to keep up. The may need to raise prices and stop using parts that BARELY upgrade each gen. No more Lap top CPUS get back to PS3 style dedicated GPUs [you know like my PC has] and start doing real cooling. So instead of Mircosoft trying to see how high of a clock speed they can get old jag cores to hit. Buy in bulk some higher end quad cores or such and get decent cooling. Buy some of the like 480 or 1060 range GPUs or maybe better by one rating up say 1070 level and again use your bulk pricing model. Make GPU manufacturers fight to get contracts. Stop trying to chase this "consoles are uber cheap!" method. But I could be wrong.

So it can play games at 4k sub 30FPS. My PC can do that too. Meh. The CPU will definitely be a bottleneck in some games, but the GPU is nice. I'm hoping AMD will release something like a RX 480X or RX 490.

Until it can run every game at 60FPS, support mouse and keyboard, have replaceble parts, be user serviceble, have the ability to install custom OSs, have the ability to install 3rd party programs, have a less restricted OS in general, I don't care. But wait, there's already a platform that can do that. It's called the Perfect Console aka the PC.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

3 minutes ago, matrix07012 said:

So it can play games at 4k sub 30FPS. My PC can do that too. Meh. The CPU will definitely be a bottleneck in some games, but the GPU is nice. I'm hoping AMD will release something like a RX 480X or RX 490.

Until it can run every game at 60FPS, support mouse and keyboard, have replaceble parts, be user serviceble, have the ability to install custom OSs, have the ability to install 3rd party programs, have a less restricted OS in general, I don't care. But wait, there's already a platform that can do that. It's called the Perfect Console aka the PC.

4K60p with power to spare according to the article. It's performance is ballpark GTX1070 because of to-the-metal optimisation. The average user that this is targeted at aren't interested in those things. Thank you for your opinion, please read the article first.

14 minutes ago, randomhkkid said:

4K60p with power to spare according to the article. It's performance is ballpark GTX1070 because of to-the-metal optimisation. The average user that this is targeted at aren't interested in those things. Thank you for your opinion, please read the article first.

It says that it can play games at 4k at the same frame rate the Xbox one can play them.

Also the GTX 1070 benchmark was run at ultra settings, but console games never run at ultra settings.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

8 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Yeah, I rechecked what I said and it's not feature levels, but Intel has a higher level of feature support. As in it Intel maxes out the features required (except minimum floating point precision which is at 16-bits, but I don't think anyone's going to care about that)

Vega is supposed to be very good at 16-bit precision.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

10 hours ago, Citadelen said:

You haven't read what I typed or watched the video have you?..

Draw calls are a breeze for them, and they don't need to process audio. For 4K 60FPS they will most likely be absolutely fine.

but they wont be running at 4k 60fps will they apart from in very undemanding titles. They will run at 30fps, like nearly all current gen console games

2 hours ago, randomhkkid said:

I highly doubt the xbox can hit 4k 60 "with power to spare" unless it's running play-doh graphics. I also doubt it's performance is near a GTX 1070 overall. We can't look at one title, and just assume all others will scale to the exact same degree. Before we can make concrete statements like this, we have to wait for it to launch, or be reviewed by multiple sources using multiple titles. Otherwise, it's pure speculation. Even with a source as trustworthy as DF. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

10$ say it's 4K*

*Upscaled to 4K

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

13 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

There is no reason for Scorpio 2021 to drop original xbox one games: those rules about supporting 2 generations back no longer apply: ALL generations involved are x86 so if someone wants to boot up a 2015 classic in 2021 even if it means 900p there is no reason whatsoever why they couldnt support that just as I am able to launch a 2007 game from my Steam library on my 2017 hardware.

I think what he's trying to say is that games launched 2 generations after xbone should still be playable on xbone and not only on newer xbox generations.

4gb of 12 for system??? 

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

7 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

4gb of 12 for system??? 

its not just for OS but system tasks like some for stream/recording cache, recently open apps, ect.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

On 4/6/2017 at 9:27 AM, Vode said:

Hmm looks pretty sweet! I will buy this 100%. Forza, Halo and Doom are all instantly going to get better resolution scaling and probably an additional 4k patch later on. :)

Although that blower style cooler doesn't look too good. Guess I'm not replacing my fan on the new Xbox with an aftermarket 120mm. :/

Will replace the internal HDD with an SSD though just like with my Xbox One S.

HYPE!

With the exception with Halo your better off upgrading from the 1050ti and getting a GPU that can actually push 4k for the price of the Xbox ♏.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

3 hours ago, MageTank said:

I highly doubt the xbox can hit 4k 60 "with power to spare" unless it's running play-doh graphics. I also doubt it's performance is near a GTX 1070 overall. We can't look at one title, and just assume all others will scale to the exact same degree. Before we can make concrete statements like this, we have to wait for it to launch, or be reviewed by multiple sources using multiple titles. Otherwise, it's pure speculation. Even with a source as trustworthy as DF. 

While it says 5-6TF let's remember it's a AMD GPU and when compared to Nvidia their cards have had higher TF but less actual performance in FPS. TF=/= how much fps you'll be getting.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

3 hours ago, MageTank said:

Yep this is more than likely the best case scenario because of the extended lead time available to the first party dev. Just showing what is possible, we know that 1070-like performance *is* possible, not saying it will be at all times.

21 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

While it says 5-6TF let's remember it's a AMD GPU and when compared to Nvidia their cards have had higher TF but less actual performance in FPS. TF=/= how much fps you'll be getting.

I believe much of that was due to AMD's very poorly optimised drivers for D3D11, looking at their Vulcan and D2D12 performance it looks more in line with the TFlops. It's a guideline for potential I guess.

Do I get 1080p 144fps yet? If not, I'm good, no buy. Better support freesync.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

4 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Do I get 1080p 144fps yet? If not, I'm good, no buy. Better support freesync.

it mentioned that it would downscale 4k to 1080p (just like 2x super sampling) it would be nice if they had a setting for "sharpness" vs "speed"

it seems to support freesync. and to put it into perspective a 30fps game should be able to scale to 120 fps with that hardware IF the dev allows it.

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

it mentioned that it would downscale 4k to 1080p (just like 2x super sampling) it would be nice if they had a setting for "sharpness" vs "speed"

it seems to support freesync. and to put it into perspective a 30fps game should be able to scale to 120 fps with that hardware IF the dev allows it.

They need like quality balanced and fast in the options. Fast is 1080p 144hz, balanced 1440p 75-90hz and quality 4K 60hz 

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

They need like quality balanced and fast in the options. Fast is 1080p 144hz, balanced 1440p 75-90hz and quality 4K 60hz 

ya, but I feel it is going to be left to the game developers to decide if they want to do that. or if the system knows you are on a 1080p 144hz screen to prefer speed optimized settings, but again some games are designed to be locked to 30hz (some need for speed games are like that even on PC and run into issues if modded to be unlocked)

Just now, The Benjamins said:

ya, but I feel it is going to be left to the game developers to decide if they want to do that. or if the system knows you are on a 1080p 144hz screen to prefer speed optimized settings, but again some games are designed to be locked to 30hz (some need for speed games are like that even on PC and run into issues if modded to be unlocked)

Locked to 30hz; ..Why...?

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

19 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

It doesn't decrease... It stays the same, but the bottleneck is smaller, because the GPU doesn't output as many FPS....

No, the bottleneck is smaller because the load on the GPU is higher. For gaming, there are two determining factors for GPU load, the commands it takes from the CPU to draw stuff, which is determined by CPU performance, and is the hard cap for the FPS. The other is resolution, which is independent of CPU performance. If the two combined yields a consistent load of 100%, there is considered to be no bottleneck. For weaker CPUs, there will still be load drops (for short periods, the CPU will experience too much load to give sufficient commands to the GPU), however.

If you increase the resolution juuuuust enough for the two combined to reach 100% without reducing the amount of commands the GPU is receiving (resolution takes a higher priority because you can't very well render half of the screen or something), you will theoretically get no performance decrease from playing at a lower resolution, if my logic holds up.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

2 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Locked to 30hz; ..Why...?

ya don't ask me, some games are made with the physic or something tied to the refresh to the game just breaks over 30hz, but plus side those games are a solid 30hz, not the we get 30 sometimes but mostly not.