Mad Catz - Files for bankruptcy

kameshss

Mad Catz Interactive announced today that it has filed for bankruptcy.

Mad Catz Interactive is the parent company of video game accessory maker Mad Catz and audio company Tritton. It voluntarily filed for bankruptcy yesterday, March 30, with its directors and officers also resigning.

In February 2016, the company laid off roughly one-third of its staff, despite what appeared to be a lucrative deal with Harmonix to supply the official controllers for Rock Band 4 and serve as its global distributor. It didn't help. Last week it was delisted from the New York Stock Exchange over its "abnormally low trading price," and today GamesIndustry reported that Mad Catz has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. 

"Regrettably and notwithstanding that for a significant amount of time the Company has been actively pursuing its strategic alternatives, including various near term financing alternatives such as bank financing and equity infusions, as well as potential sales of certain assets of the Company or a sale of the Company in its entirety, the Company has been unable to find a satisfactory solution to its cash liquidity problems," Mad Catz president and CEO Karen McGinnis said in a statement. 

Mad Catz said that it was forced to enter bankruptcy after being informed by its financial advisor that "no viable strategic alternative in respect of a sale of the Company or other corporate sale transaction" was available. Lenders were also unwilling to further increase its credit limits. 

Shortly thereafter, Harmonix announced that it would partner with competing accessory maker PDP for future Rock Band 4 hardware. Mad Catz CFO Karen McGinnis later said, "Although the overall Rock Band 4 program was incredibly disappointing for us, exiting the relationship with Harmonix at this time allows us to focus our efforts on the development and execution of our other exciting and profitable product launches."

Mad Catz had formed a committee last year to explore ways of maximizing shareholder value, ultimately leading to today's news. It considered selling off assets, among other options, but the panel could not find a way to sufficiently resolve the company's financial situation.

Source: PCGamer, GameSpot

ain't no april fools. shit real.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

That tends to happen when you have a shit products and very little marketing presence. Sad!

Well that is a shame, had a few friends who loved their mice and keyboards.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

They actually really cool peripherals design. But I am fine with Logitech stuff

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

Guess this is why Rock Band controllers have been so scarce in many places.

Who are PDP? Is PewDiePie secretly making computer peripherals?

Well he had to do something when Maker dropped him.

isn't trittron pretty good for gaming headsets? I know a streamer that has one of their products and the audio quality from it is pretty good.

I really liked that company.their modular mouse concept was great

My life

How could a company that makes this every fail?!:

mad-catz-cubicon.jpg

Seriously though, no surprise seeing this news.. Good riddance Mad Catz.

10 minutes ago, tlink said:

isn't trittron pretty good for gaming headsets? I know a streamer that has one of their products and the audio quality from it is pretty good.

It's alright for a gaming headset. Their comfort is pretty horrid IMO and sound is ech. Just because a streamer says it's good, doesn't mean it's good (neither does me saying it's bad make it objectively bad.. but.. IMO it's not good stuff).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Where am I supposed to get a Saitek products now?

Oh wait, Logitech bought em...Thanks logi! :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

6 minutes ago, Minibois said:

How could a company that makes this every fail?!:

mad-catz-cubicon.jpg

WHAT ARE THOSE?????

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

WHAT ARE THOSE?????

Just Googling "Mad Catz <any console> controller" brings up some fiiiiine stuff.

But that one is just about the worst. The ultimate "player 2"/"you're the guest here"-controller.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

R.I.P.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I only know their name because they sponsored some esports team. Never bought anything from them

40 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

They actually really cool peripherals design. But I am fine with Logitech stuff

Both look like robot turds lmfao

Good fucking riddance. Heavy mice with shit shapes, expensive membranes, etc. See you Mad Catz, the industry never gave a flying fuck about you in the first place

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

Both look like robot turds lmfao

Good fucking riddance. Heavy mice with shit shapes, expensive membranes, etc. See you Mad Catz, the industry never gave a flying fuck about you in the first place

Cool. Never meant good

25 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Cool. Never meant good

mad-catz-rat-hero-800x533-c.jpg

71TXIRHwb7L._SL1500_.jpg

I guess "cool" is a relative term, personally I'd say hideous is more apt. Looks like something a 12 year old kid might draw was involved in an explosion at a car modding workshop.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Kloaked said:

Sad!

S.A.D.*

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

I guess "cool" is a relative term, personally I'd say hideous is more apt. Looks like something a 12 year old kid might draw was involved in an explosion at a car modding workshop.

they really did go for the weird abstract "look all you cool gamers, we made a mouse just for you" look, but the rat 7 was nice to use for me atleast because of the customization 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

21 minutes ago, Demonking said:

I hated their arcade sticks, especially them over priced PS4 TE2 sticks $200 for a shitty stick. 

Are there any good sticks under $100 I can get for PC?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit