What would you do if you had access to a time machine?

EslyteMedia

Anywhere, Anyone, Any-when. What would you do? (I think It goes without saying that we'd all try to kill Hitler or something of the sort.)

I'm stealing this idea from Dan Carlin, but its so good.

I would go back in time in some sort of hot air balloon, and float over ancient battles. How cool would it be to watch the Roman Legions in battle? Or to watch a Greek Hoplite army fight? Or to watch Genghis Khan's Mongols destroy a Chinese army, or later, a Persian army? As someone who is a fan of military history, seeing how these actually happened would be incredible. The written account of many of these battles just isn't detailed enough. The writers at the time just assumed that their audience would know what war is like, and today, we just don't really know how antient warfare was like

4 minutes ago, TacticlTwinkie said:

I would go back in time in some sort of hot air balloon, and float over ancient battles. How cool would it be to watch the Roman Legions in battle? Or to watch a Greek Hoplite army fight? Or to watch Genghis Khan's Mongols destroy a Chinese army, or later, a Persian army? As someone who is a fan of military history, seeing how these actually happened would be incredible. The written account of many of these battles just isn't detailed enough. The writers at the time just assumed that their audience would know what war is like, and today, we just don't really know how antient warfare was like

Very interesting. I love it.

Just now, EslyteMedia said:

That's cool.  1-800-273-8255

Lol

Breaking things 1 day at a time

I'd go into the future 10 years or so and get a high end gaming pc, phone, and get some used 6950x's for like 200$. Come back and sell the cpus for $1000 and have a beast computer and phone. lol 

1 hour ago, TacticlTwinkie said:

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I'd go back in time and replay Life is Strange again

I would honestly be selfish... to avoid screwing up the timeline as much as possible obviously. Travel to 2026 and write down a detailed history of the stock market, then travel back to New Years Eve 2018, write down the winning super lotto tickets from 2017 and then return to today.

Win the super lotto, invest in the right stocks as diversely as I can to avoid over-influencing the market, and watch the returns roll in. Now I, and the rest of my family and many generations after are set for life, so long as they're not taught to be financially irresponsible when growing up.

Edit?... I don't know, I might also go far enough into the future to see if we survive long enough to travel to distant stars, and if we do then see about bringing back some of the theories and technology that got us there, so that we can achieve our ultimate goal as a race sooner.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I'd go back and buy stock in apple, google, amazon etc... back when their prices were stupid low.

I'd go further back to the founding of the U.S Republic and make a case to the founders for fleeing the slaves, and other things i won't mention cause it would be too political. 

Then i'd get a camera and start acting like a tourist of sorts.  I want to know if Helena of troy and Cleopatra were as hot as history makes them out to be.  I'd go to Roanoke Island and find out once and for all exactly why/how the whole colony disappeared.  I'd also go back and try and meet my Opa as he was already in his 90s when i was very young and never got to know him.

i love how everybody things they can just go back and kill hitler. like just walk up to the dude and shoot him or whatever. just because youre there doesnt make it that easy.

so since you risk changing the future and therefore should be very careful of your actions i would probably have it more for entertaining use. watch elvis/micheal jackson concert. sit in on one of einsteins lectures. and if i can also take stuff with me id invest heavily in all sorts of company and steal like some original davincis or something

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I would make sure to lead myself in the education i wanted to do instead of staying in a school where i didnt have the option.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

2 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

i love how everybody things they can just go back and kill hitler. like just walk up to the dude and shoot him or whatever. just because youre there doesnt make it that easy.

I think the best and most effective way to kill hitler would be to kill the conditions that created him.

If you can convince the allies not to overtly punish germany after ww1 causing economic ruin then he would not have risen to power.  

Go back to when HTML was first starting and make a small fortune writing basic text websites. Get in to work with Microsoft as it started getting big. Drive cars that weren't ugly. Save up a ton of money for the 2008 housing crisis and buy up entire neighborhoods for nothing. Send anonymous letters to big news companies about pending terrorist attacks so hopefully they will be stopped. Create anti-worms to stop some of the biggest virus attacks of the early 2000's. Buy shares in Apple & Google when they were cheap. Stop Abraham Lincoln from being shot. Buy up tons of copies of Super Smash Bros for the Gamecube to sell for a major profit later.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional

2 hours ago, Thunderpup said:

I think the best and most effective way to kill hitler would be to kill the conditions that created him.

If you can convince the allies not to overtly punish germany after ww1 causing economic ruin then he would not have risen to power.  

oh you right. :o thats wayy easier -.- 

i think if you absolutly had to do it the best way would be to kill him some time during his childhood. because at birth theres too many people there and nobody leaves an infant alone. but somewhere around the time he starts school i  guess would be the earliest point to reach him undetected.

that being said im still against the whle killing hitler thing for "not-changing-the-future"-reasons

bad things happen but making them not happen doesnt mean the future is necessaryly gonna be better. maybe theres some even more radical dude who would have successfully destroyed us all if it werent for hitler coming to power. obviously im not saying hitler saved us from even worse im saying we dont know and changing the past is just way too dangerous.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

11 hours ago, EslyteMedia said:

Anywhere, Anyone, Any-when. What would you do? (I think It goes without saying that we'd all try to kill Hitler or something of the sort.)

Go back to watch myself grow up

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Id go forwards in time to the Titan X can be bought for a few cents 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

Invest very differently...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Go back and patent troll the fuk out of everyone.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -