Chinese site shows extensive benchmarks results of AMD Ryzen

kladzen
5 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

I don't think I've heard or even have read of anyone that believes that. The TITLE says it's OC'd

My bad, missed OC.

I still absolutely don't believe it. Even at 4.5 1700x. But we'll see. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

My bad, missed OC.

I still absolutely don't believe it. Even at 4.5 1700x. But we'll see. 

I do get your skepticism, but you can't falsify a validated cpu-z score on their site.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Either those K chips are highly overclocked or that benchmark is BS because a 6600 should be right behind a 6600k in single core, not at the bottom of the list.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

Either those K chips are highly overclocked or that benchmark is BS because a 6600 should be right behind a 6600k in single core, not at the bottom of the list.

To my understanding these are all OC'd results.

Edit: Not the case

So an OCed 1700X is faster than a stock 7700K? 

Useless information without specifics, I mean the guy could have cranked the OC up to 11 just to get a run in.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Darth Revan said:

Why do people still say oh too bad single core performance isn't that good?

How many programs are still limited to single core in 2017?

Using multiple cores is easy. But getting a decent speed up from doing so can be quite chalangeing. If you are not careful your programm even runns slower when using multiple cores compared to a single one.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

2 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

To my understanding these are all OC'd results.

So then you're basically saying this benchmark is useless, since the clock speeds are not listed?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, goodtofufriday said:

I do get your skepticism, but you can't falsify a validated cpu-z score on their site.

I do want to see full system specs and stuff before commenting. :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

well this is cool, i really hope its true tbh because i want competition

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

19 minutes ago, Enderman said:

So then you're basically saying this benchmark is useless, since the clock speeds are not listed?

Not really, CPU-Z displays the top validated scores when doing comparisons. So even withoutht clocks, that 7700k score is the top validated one.

Edit: Not the case. They are base clocks.

Of course that doesnt mean that the 7700k cant do better. it likely can and just hasn't been validated.

Just now, Enderman said:

The benchmark is useless, all it tells us is that a 1700X can be quicker than a 7700K under some unknown circumstances.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, goodtofufriday said:

Not really, CPU-Z displays the top validated scores when doing comparisons. So even withoutht clocks, that 7700k score is the top validated one.

Of course that doesnt mean that the 7700k cant do better. it likely can and just hasn't been validated.

So these are only the top CPUs validated?

Well that's even more useless.

Why should someone care about a 7GHz 4690k performing better than a 6GHz 4770k or whatever if those are just the cream of the crop?

No regular user will be running those frequencies.

It's cool that you can compare between the top CPUs of each model, but it literally says nothing about the useful performance of each CPU in regular conditions.

Just because X CPU reached some GHz does not mean that the other 99.999% of the CPUs can too.

This is why real benchmarks are done at stock or at regular achievable overclocks.

Spoiler

Well Ryzen 1700 is the same cost as the 7700k here in Germany. 1700x is around 70 € more expensive

3 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

No it doesn't, it shows the average stock result in the benchmark chart. It would be pretty disconcerting for a new buyer to benchmark their shiney new chip and have it come in at 500pts below the one listed in the charts.

3 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

To be fair, yes the 7700K at 2301 is actually stock.

Here is another CPU-Z benchmark result with the same 7700K@2301 versus... an overclocked 7700K;

http://valid.x86.fr/bench/de1va2/1

No its not my bench I don't have a 7700K

Also you get to see the multi thread score of the 7700K, totally no match for an 8c16t obviously

What clocks are those?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

What clocks are those?

That is 4.9ghz. Click on the "Back to validation" button to see the configuration.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

The hype sure is exciting, i have no plan on switching because i currently have a 5960x but glad to see it looks promising for AMD.

So this is super amusing....

Full load power usage... 6800k 127W, 1700X 123W...

Can we please go back to where AMD claims these are 95W cpus?

Rofl....

That said. Cool stuff really. x99 is absolutely terrible at low power usage (because it is explicitly designed not to care about that stuff lol), but still good showings by AMD.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

10 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

No it doesn't, it shows the average stock result in the benchmark chart. It would be pretty disconcerting for a new buyer to benchmark their shiney new chip and have it come in at 500pts below the one listed in the charts.

My mistake =[ Was lead to be believe otherwise.

1 minute ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

So this is super amusing....

Full load power usage... 6800k 127W, 1700X 123W...

Can we please go back to where AMD claims these are 95W cpus?

Rofl....

That said. Cool stuff really. x99 is absolutely terrible at low power usage (because it is explicitly designed not to care about that stuff lol), but still good showings by AMD.

It's the same with Intel. 91w 6700k. I can pull 130w with relative ease, lol.

http://imgur.com/a/bnusw

For those that are curious about my temps, please take heed of this advice: Do not throw copious amounts of highly OC'd ram at AVX. You are asking for trouble, especially if you are using a 45mm vapor chamber. Even undervolted to 1.14v, it gets insanely hot.

Obviously there's some pretty important information missing here, like, oh, idk, the clock speed of the 1700X in this test xD 

I'm putting my money on it having been at 4.5 GHz.  I guess we'll see what the truth is in time.

Regardless, looking very good! :D 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Obviously there's some pretty important information missing here, like, oh, idk, the clock speed of the 1700X in this test xD 

I'm putting my money on it having been at 4.5 GHz.  I guess we'll see what the truth is in time.

Regardless, looking very good! :D 

Honestly, if the 1700X made it to 4.5ghz on air/water, that's really good news for the average consumer. I just hope this isn't some sort of LN2 run getting our hopes up. 

1 hour ago, Darth Revan said:

Why do people still say oh too bad single core performance isn't that good?

How many programs are still limited to single core in 2017?

The majority of stuff currently available.  Single-threaded impacts perceived user interface a great deal more than multi-threaded.  My 5950x at 4.6 GHz gets smoked by my 7700k @ 5.3 GHz in almost everything, but the very few tasks that are effective at taking advantage of all cores at one time.  It's cool to see the 5960x crush tasks when all cores are firing, but I don't see it happen too often at all.

Things in the area of multi-threading are improving, but it is painfully slow.  So much so that an 8 core processor that I've had for almost 2 years is still barely utilized to it's potential.  

For day to day use and for most gaming, single-threaded performance should remain an area to focus on.  

4 minutes ago, MageTank said:

It's the same with Intel. 91w 6700k. I can pull 130w with relative ease, lol.

http://imgur.com/a/bnusw

For those that are curious about my temps, please take heed of this advice: Do not throw copious amounts of highly OC'd ram at AVX. You are asking for trouble, especially if you are using a 45mm vapor chamber. Even undervolted to 1.14v, it gets insanely hot.

It's just going to be a matter of time and folks will see that TDP is just a play on words.  Anyone who paid enough attention to the AMD press event where they showed power draw during testing could see that at load they were essentially drawing the same power.  The total system draw at idle was lower during those examples, but as soon as load hit they look like twins.  :D

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

Honestly, if the 1700X made it to 4.5ghz on air/water, that's really good news for the average consumer. I just hope this isn't some sort of LN2 run getting our hopes up. 

I just saw the posts that came in between mine above and the ones half way down the first page which didn't show up for some reason.  My post was based on the assumption that the 7700k in this chart was at stock.  I now see  it was at 4.9 GHz.  This just got even more interesting.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Even if the 1700X was overclocked it's a huge step in the right direction for AMD. And if you then could get the CPU up to 4.5 GHz on air/water that would still be good results. I don't really think AMD would risk their customers by comparing a non-overclocked Intel CPU to an overclocked AMD processor. A lot of poeple have been pre-ordering the processors just based of AMDs benchmarks.