Chinese site shows extensive benchmarks results of AMD Ryzen

kladzen

is nobody going to talk about how it beat a 6950X by almost 5000 points?

that is almost 25% above a 10c/20t cpu ....

Jesus Christ I don't care if it was on LN2 and cherry picked , its GOOD if it can beat a 10c/20t by 25%

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

18 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

-snip-

So this is super amusing, this guy still doesn't understand that TDP and power draw aren't the same...

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

13 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

So this is super amusing, this guy still doesn't understand that TDP and power draw aren't the same...

I believe he does, he just didn't understand my wording of the problem. The problem with TDP in general, is that it's not a defined industry standard when it comes to testing a TDP. Some companies use averages, or very specific workloads to rate their product's TDP, while others actually do use TDP to advertise their products maximum power draw. 

This is why you cannot compare two TDP's from two different manufacturers. It's also a huge issue when it comes to actually finding CPU heatsinks. Take my 45mm vapor chamber for example. This thing is rated for 130w (though, this number seems to change depending on the retailer) but if I subject it to 130w of heat (measured from HWInfo64's CPU Package Power sensor), this thing absolutely melts. Even when undervolted and CLU on the bare die, it's still hitting thermal junction at 124w (even though the TDP of my cooler is 130w). What likely happened, is ID Cooling likely took a 130w CPU, tested it using a tame stress test/benchmark, and then assumed that since the 130w CPU did fine, their cooler was therefore worthy of the 130w label. Even though during whatever workload their CPU did, it likely wasn't creating 130w worth of heat to dissipate. 

I really wish TDP validation was standardized, and required an authentication process, but with any authentication process, comes an additional fee. To me, the price would be worth it, but others might not feel the same way.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

11 hours ago, elkenrod said:

Somebody tell me.... should I be excited about this?

I see a lot more black than red here.  What's the price difference of these two CPUs that were benchmarked?

They cost the same (400 vs 410). 

So fairly excited I'd say. Not at all as good as the hype machine wants, but still good. 

20 hours ago, MageTank said:

I don't care what MSI is saying, or what they are marketing. You simply cannot mislead people by using the words "at least" in regards to overclocking. No overclock is guaranteed. As I've already stated, we know nothing of the sample sizes being tested, and we don't know if they received binned chips in their tests. I bet if you check MSI's marketing, they use two magical words. "Up To". Every single company uses these words to avoid legal repercussions. "Up to 60Mbps". "Up to 4ghz". See the trend here?

Ok look, I believe that Intel all those years has taken the fun out of overclocking. Why is it bad for one chip to overclock better than the other, I mean no manufacturing proccess is perfect, Intel just pushes every CPU to the max on their one, and you get 200-400 Mhz on Avg.

Why wouldn't I want lets say a 4C / 8T Ryzen at 3,7Ghz at 200$ and O.C to 4.2Ghz to 4.8Ghz depending on the chip insted of a 350$ Core i7 at 4.5Ghz that O.C to 4.8 to 4.9Ghz.

That is just me thought, I want the fun, the experience the luck in the proccess, and Intel is just making fun od it thelast few years and profits greatly in the proccess, It is time that changes.

And last but certainly not least, dont think Intel or Nvidia or AMD doesn't send the best validated chips to reviewers, they alll do it, it is simple business.

11 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

At least with your we can see it was at what can only be described as a Lays frequency :P 

What's funny is if Ryzen turns out to be that good, I'm sure he'd buy it and run a 1800X at 5GHz on water even though the rest of the world would need LN2. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

IMG_0427.JPG

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

IS THIS TRUE?! Omg I really hope Intel does more than just a Price Cut!

https://www.edgeneo.com/blog/amd-ryz...ance-benchmark

AMD’s Ryzen 7 1700X has been compared against the Core i7 7700K and Core i7 6950X processors in single and multithreaded performance benchmarks. The performance results were validated on the CPU-Z database and reveal that AMD’s upcoming 8 core is one fast chip for enthusiasts.
Single-Threaded Scores

amd-ryzen-7-1700x-single-threaded-perfor

Multi-Threaded Scores

amd-ryzen-7-1700x-multi-threaded-perform

18 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

IMG_0427.JPG

So the 1700 -not the X- can perform 10% less than a 6900k for about 700$ less?

Hey thats friggen awesome! and I say 6900k because its an 8c/16t cpu like the 1700.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

The literal thread above yours is this exact topic, and i posted it yesterday.

please check if things have been posted before.

This shit is too funny.  I need to log out of LTT for a couple of days.

All of the hype would have you believe that Ryzen is going to be the best in every single category.  People are that gullible?

If Ryzen could beat Kaby Lake in single threaded performance, then it either clocks extremely well or it has a stronger IPC. In either case, AMD would be shouting that from the rooftops if true. 

/I didn't open the article, so I have no idea what clocks anything was run at. But was the 6950x at stock while the 1700x had a 30%~ overclock, because that would easily explain how an 8c/16t cpu would beat a 10c/20t cpu in multithreaded tasks?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

AMD would be shouting that from the rooftops if true. 

and spoil the suspense buildup? That would be a poor business decision if you ask me.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just now, knightslugger said:

and spoil the suspense buildup? That would be a poor business decision if you ask me.

We live in a hype driven world. If AMD had anything to hype up right now. They would I think.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Just now, knightslugger said:

Because the slides they showed on press-day didn't show similar types of information.....

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Overclocked CPUs beats a non-overclocked CPU.

What's new?

Lol for real. Getting tired of all the Ryzen crap being thrown around xD

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

Overclocked CPUs beats a non-overclocked CPU.

What's new?

That its an 8 core/16 thread chip. for 20$ less than the 7700k. And buy OCing it you can get the same perf as the 4core.

Its not a typical situation as you know.

Burnt toast. 

I wish people would search before shitposting.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

2 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

That its an 8 core/16 thread chip. for 20$ less than the 7700k. And buy OCing it you can get the same perf as the 4core.

Its not a typical situation as you know.

Yup, it's a good chip, but there's no need to try to manipulate the test controls to fake people into thinking it's even better than it really is.