UPDATED G2A has flaw in their system pointed out to them, promptly "bans" user after issue is pointed out.

Nexxus
1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Ok so how many of you denounce G2A and Kinguin and all others for their "stolen" keys? 

And now how many of you have actually paid, honest, full retail money for a Windows key in the last couple of years? 

*sees all hands drop*

I thought as much. Grey area stores exists because hardware prices are far more accessible than the ability from people to afford the prices Microsoft asks for and don't even start with specialized software it gets much worst fast. 

I have, I bought multiple windows 8 keys, bought windows 7 key, bought windows xp key.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Snip

You mean this? 

962079204fd674170eeb5de062da914b.jpg

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

17 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Why are you apologizing for staying within the topic? When laws and politics are able to affect something that is being discussed, then healthy discussion of the policies and laws are also on the table. 

If someone thinks otherwise, and vocally expresses such opinions, they are simply trying to censor you through silencing you 

Indeed, that was completely relevant to the topic at hand.

But my thoughts on the actual topic... why are people surprised that a grey market game seller, acts dodgy. It is by definition, dodgy.

That's part of the gamble you take when you knowingly buy something from the grey market. The trade off being... if it all goes smooth, it's much much cheaper.

I've bought a number of things from G2A, never had any issues.

I dont buy from G2A anymore... Im someone who either bytes the bullet amd pays for the game full price or wait for discount month or two after release.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Dang, they got really downvoted in that whole AMA :D 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Dang, they got really downvoted in that whole AMA :D 

They did its hilarious 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

10 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Indeed, that was completely relevant to the topic at hand.

But my thoughts on the actual topic... why are people surprised that a grey market game seller, acts dodgy. It is by definition, dodgy.

That's part of the gamble you take when you knowingly buy something from the grey market. The trade off being... if it all goes smooth, it's much much cheaper.

I've bought a number of things from G2A, never had any issues.

"Something that has stuck with me:

One thing to remember is that even if you receive a working key from a reseller, this doesn't necessarily make them "legit". It's a bit like claiming that winning at Russian Roulette makes it a "safe game". When working with resellers there's always the chance of getting a bad key, or having a game later revoked from your account. And for many people it's a hard lesson learned."

System Specs

No, my argument is not pirate things or lets bankrupt MS. 

You're of course all completely ignoring the last part of the argument: hardware prices have gone down dramatically at the consumer level. In the 80s it was 2000 or 3000 for a PC not even adjusting for inflation. 

There needs to be an entry level alternative for OS. That is what the market is telling us with this Grey stores. So far Linux has failed miserably since their design goals are too tied to philosophy and other shit. 

MS at least diagnosed the issue, but their response with the started edition was needlessly neutered to incite people to upgrade instead of offering a basic functional product without silly restrictions like no wallpapers. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

"Something that has stuck with me:

One thing to remember is that even if you receive a working key from a reseller, this doesn't necessarily make them "legit". It's a bit like claiming that winning at Russian Roulette makes it a "safe game". When working with resellers there's always the chance of getting a bad key, or having a game later revoked from your account. And for many people it's a hard lesson learned."

I think many people must be using the site thinking it's legit. My advice to those people... If you want customer service, and for any problems that arise to be resolved. You should pay more and buy retail.

I've always went into G2A knowing that if I get a bad key, I'd have to make a claim via Paypal, and not be guaranteed to get my money back.

10 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

-snip-

No there doesn't.  Nearly every pc comes with an OS pre-installed.  And the cost of that is expected to be in the final purchase price by 99% of the user base. And that bundled OS is almost always subsidized. The only time its really not is with botique builders. 

Games are a luxury. The price doesnt need to go down. But ignoring that game prices habe stood more or less the same for 20 years. After adjusting for inflation; games are cheaper now than ever before. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

47 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Ok so how many of you denounce G2A and Kinguin and all others for their "stolen" keys? 

And now how many of you have actually paid honest, full retail money for a Windows key in the last couple of years? 

*sees all hands drop*

I thought as much. Grey area stores exists because hardware prices are far more accessible than the ability from people to afford the prices Microsoft asks for and don't even start with specialized software it gets much worst fast. 

I've never had to buy windows in the last 5 years because college and university lol we had portal that allowed up to get software for free from microsoft (or the school shelled out a lot of money for us to get legit versions of software to setup test labs at home or at school)

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

45 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

And now how many of you have actually paid honest, full retail money for a Windows key in the last couple of years? 

I've bought three of them from Amazon for different machines this last year.

Microsoft could do well to bring down the price of Windows 10 Home Edition, sure. But it doesn't make it right to buy from grey market sellers.

50 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

*sees all hands drop*

Piracy is better than g2a/others. With that said, if someone is willing to use g2a knowing the background/risks, then I don't really have a problem suggesting it. 

P.s. I've paid significantly more than retail for all my copies of Windows. Yay Dreamspark! (Sorry, "imagination" or whatever dumbass name Microsoft is using now)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

8 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Piracy is better than g2a/others. With that said, if someone is willing to use g2a knowing the background/risks, then I don't really have a problem suggesting it. 

P.s. I've paid significantly more than retail for all my copies of Windows. Yay Dreamspark! (Sorry, "imagination" or whatever dumbass name Microsoft is using now)

Microsoft Imagine.

They're just as bad as Google with their names.

Until people have the moral that buying from those site is wrong. There will still continue to operate because there are many out there who don't give a damn about where they got it from. A game cost $60 and you got it for $10 and its not from a steam sale, then you're also the problem along with g2a or any similar sites out there. 

Boycotting won't do anything. Need to contact the proper authorities for anything to be done about it. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

22 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

No there doesn't.  Nearly every pc comes with an OS pre-installed.  And the cost of that is expected to be in the final purchase price by 99% of the user base. And that bundled OS is almost always subsidized. The only time its really not is with botique builders. 

Games are a luxury. The price doesnt need to go down. But ignoring that game prices habe stood more or less the same for 20 years. After adjusting for inflation; games are cheaper now than ever before. 

The cost of the OS is subsidized. My point is that it shouldn't be, it should be a different, more basic version of the OS. 

Microsoft already acknowledges this with a home and a pro version, it's just that the price needs to be adjusted further with an even lower tier like the one I quoted. 

So far MS was OK with their patchwork solution but as custom pcs become more popular and prebuild systems become more scarce, they need to adjust. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

So far MS was OK with their patchwork solution but as custom pcs become more popular and prebuild systems become more scarce, they need to adjust. 

Laptops still kill the desktop market in terms of sales and among the PC gamers I know, I've only found a handful that have built their own PC and the ones that haven't seem to have no intention of going that route.

Not to mention, businesses are Microsoft's major customer. Businesses don't like custom built PCs.

5 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Laptops still kill the desktop market in terms of sales and among the PC gamers I know, I've only found a handful that have built their own PC and the ones that haven't seem to have no intention of going that route.

Not to mention, businesses are Microsoft's major customer. Businesses don't like custom built PCs.

Looking at the 460 and 1050 laptops this is plausible yes. However an in between SKU would discourage grey markets a fare bit though, specially in developing countries where piracy is already option 1 and grey area keys 2nd.

-------

Current Rig

-------

8 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Businesses don't like custom built PCs.

That depends on the business itself.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

*sees all hands drop*

2014 for me. I haven't needed to buy Windows key since that time though. 8.1 went with my through a couple motherboards then I got the free update to 10. If I needed a new key at some point though I'd either buy a retail box or purchase a key from Microsoft or an authorized reseller.

...So I think I sent G2A into damage control mode. (this post has got A LOT of traffic on reddit)

" I have a high rated comment here (about 300 upvotes). I swear this thread is packed to the brim with shills. I keep getting messages, both on here and in PM, that G2A is safe to use and that they have so many transactions that have gone through without issues. "

System Specs

13 minutes ago, Prysin said:

If you believe the media, sure. 

I'd argue trump is far less of an evil then G2A

Yes, because G2A has their hand on the button that launches all the really big missiles, right?

Yeah.  That's what I thought.