UPDATED G2A has flaw in their system pointed out to them, promptly "bans" user after issue is pointed out.

Nexxus
3 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

I haven't had any problems as yet with them as yet but I mean looking at G2A and looking at kinguin which site looks more legit just at glance

i'm not too sure about that one, kinguin sadly falls under the same "the most ruthless criminal will be the most profitable" buisiness model where they may have the best of intentions, part of their userbase may have the best of intentions, but in the end there'll be too much corruption going on to get it "cleaned out" so to say.

Boycott G2A. Surely there is something we do to get G2A taken down, method of reporting the website?

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

I haven't had any problems as yet with them as yet but I mean looking at G2A and looking at kinguin which site looks more legit just at glance

I'm on there now looking for an easy example of the product that i can prove are dodgy but they are not listing them; I was looking for an enterprise only product passing as retail or a windows server selling for 1/10th the price. I know the windows on there are dodgy but it will take me too much work to pull out all the things wrong with them, and iv already said it on a million other posts. I think the way they operate they intend to be legit but they just get overwhelmed with bad sellers.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

3 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

What are morals and values ?  /s  lol

morals and values are that if you like GTA V and hope they'll make a GTA VI you do all that is in your hand to make sure the developer doesnt go bankrupt before that time: you buy your goddamn game from a place you know your money goes to the person that made it.

1 minute ago, sof006 said:

Boycott G2A. Surely there is something we do to get G2A taken down, method of reporting the website?

articles like these are a monthly occurance, truth is they'll survive as long as people are greedy :P

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

articles like these are a monthly occurance, truth is they'll survive as long as people are greedy :P

or until enough people notify the FBI or whatever police force that enforces the juristiction in which the G2A servers/company is registrered

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

or until enough people notify the FBI or whatever police force that enforces the juristiction in which the G2A servers/company is registrered

truth is G2A -aside from having really bad PR- isnt doing anything wrong, and while in the USA you'd probably be able to make that to a lawsuit, it's not like that in other places of the world. ever noticed how these places are always asia based? ;)

Hong Kong.

Don't hold your breath.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I'm on there now looking for an easy example of the product that i can prove are dodgy but they are not listing them; I was looking for an enterprise only product passing as retail or a windows server selling for 1/10th the price. I know the windows on there are dodgy but it will take me too much work to pull out all the things wrong with them, and iv already said it on a million other posts. I think the way they operate they intend to be legit but they just get overwhelmed with bad sellers.

If you find enterprise stuff on a game site for 1/10 the price well you damn sure that's bs and a scam... games on the other hand is another story, but I generally just give any games I got and don't like... probably gave anyway like 30+ games on December 20th after I bought bf1 (those damn random key packs on kinguin lol)

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'm not too sure about that one, kinguin sadly falls under the same "the most ruthless criminal will be the most profitable" buisiness model where they may have the best of intentions, part of their userbase may have the best of intentions, but in the end there'll be too much corruption going on to get it "cleaned out" so to say.

Well any business can easily fall into this but it's just a matter of how good their PR is lol

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

morals and values are that if you like GTA V and hope they'll make a GTA VI you do all that is in your hand to make sure the developer doesnt go bankrupt before that time: you buy your goddamn game from a place you know your money goes to the person that made it.

I was being sarcastic lol

2 minutes ago, sof006 said:

Find out who's the host of the site and report it to them.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

3 minutes ago, Sampsy said:

There's really no reason for anybody to have any faith in g2a and there hasn't been for a long time. Their dodgy practices have been known about for years.

• They sell stolen keys
  • They sell fake keys
  • They let you pay no VAT (which is illegal and I wouldn't be surprised if you do select to pay VAT if it just goes to G2A)
  • G2A shield offers no protection whatsoever - it's a scam
  • If there is a problem support will provide an automated response, then ignore you. You must initiate a dispute with your credit card / paypal (which G2A will ignore) to receive a refund.

"they" dont sell they "allow people to sell" ;)

53 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

You are correct, I only thought about that after you pointed it out.

X person wants Z game, X person has morals so doesn't go and pirate it because he has a sole, and he sees Y website selling Z game for very cheap, so he buys it and it works, he unknowingly buys a stolen licence stolen from the developers and would have purchased the game legitimately if he had of known that it was stolen.

It's more then just that. I forgot why exactly, but in one of total biscuits rants about g2a he pointed out that they can end up getting charged over a stolen key. So not only does that individual's money not support the developer, the developer could also have to pay money.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

Hong Kong.

Don't hold your breath.

ironically, if Trump hadnt stopped the TPP, FBI coulda chased them down and sued them in Hong Kong... It is a little known fact, but deep down in the TPP, part of the horror of that bill (as an avid Anime fan, i applaud Trump for shutting down that trade deal), is that through the TPP the countries in question would be allowed to chase down IP copyright-infridgement within the media and entertainment industry (japan and Korea is actually even more aggressive then the US when it comes to plagiarism in music and shit.... ).

Plus side is that a US DEV could chase down G2A in Hong Kong for retailing illegal keys... Downside with TPP is that it would fuck over the internet (of which most servers we enjoy is placed in the USA or through USA services )....

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

It's more then just that. I forgot why exactly, but in one of total biscuits rants about g2a he pointed out that they can end up getting charged over a stolen key. So not only does that individuals money not support the developer, the developer could also have to pay money.

I think I have seen that video. 

basically its a global digital-only "craigslist" with no moderation

exactly.

On 02/02/2017 at 0:04 PM, Prysin said:

ironically, if Trump hadnt stopped the TPP, FBI coulda chased them down and sued them in Hong Kong... It is a little known fact, but deep down in the TPP, part of the horror of that bill (as an avid Anime fan, i applaud Trump for shutting down that trade deal), is that through the TPP the countries in question would be allowed to chase down IP copyright-infridgement within the media and entertainment industry (japan and Korea is actually even more aggressive then the US when it comes to plagiarism in music and shit.... ).

Plus side is that a US DEV could chase down G2A in Hong Kong for retailing illegal keys... Downside with TPP is that it would fuck over the internet (of which most servers we enjoy is placed in the USA or through USA services )....

No one in here came to discuss Trump. You wanna do so great, do it here. https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/50-off-topic/

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

its worse than how you described. TPP allows a corporation to not just chase down IP infringement but also sue a government. Right now if my gov doesn't like a USA corp they can give them the middle finger like they did to the nuclear power industry. USA has a dodgy patent system, they don't have generic drugs that are so old the patent time has expired. So if your gov has a social welfare program that supplies a cheap generic drug that is still under a dodgy USA patents, your gov gets sued.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

8 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

No one in here came to discuss Trump

sorry to add to it but its kind of hard to avoid

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

and that's exactly why i love g2a, more effective than piracy to hurt ubishit and ea where it matters. God bless G2A for existing

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I bought from them one time and got a VAC banned version of CSGO, never again.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

sorry to add to it but its kind of hard to avoid

Why are you apologizing for staying within the topic? When laws and politics are able to affect something that is being discussed, then healthy discussion of the policies and laws are also on the table. 

If someone thinks otherwise, and vocally expresses such opinions, they are simply trying to censor you through silencing you 

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

Maybe we should ask Trump to shut it down? I mean, it is a crime to steal peoples money.

Well in that case, you could shut down the government... actually every government ever created. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Why are you apologizing for staying within the topic? When laws and politics are able to affect something that is being discussed, then healthy discussion of the policies and laws are also on the table. 

If someone thinks otherwise, and vocally expresses such opinions, they are simply trying to censor you through silencing you 

trump is fast replacing Hitler in Godwin's law

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

It's more then just that. I forgot why exactly, but in one of total biscuits rants about g2a he pointed out that they can end up getting charged over a stolen key. So not only does that individual's money not support the developer, the developer could also have to pay money.

But G2A is ok what dose it mater were u get ur keys from :^)

Ok so how many of you denounce G2A and Kinguin and all others for their "stolen" keys? 

And now how many of you have actually paid honest, full retail money for a Windows key in the last couple of years? 

*sees all hands drop*

I thought as much. Grey area stores exists because hardware prices are far more accessible than the ability from people to afford the prices Microsoft asks for and don't even start with specialized software it gets much worst fast. 

-------

Current Rig

-------