UPDATED G2A has flaw in their system pointed out to them, promptly "bans" user after issue is pointed out.

Nexxus

Update, they are now replying directly to my thread itself. Definitely damage control mode. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

19 minutes ago, Prysin said:

If you believe the media, sure. 

I'd argue trump is far less of an evil then G2A

Godwin's law was an observation that in any online discussion regardless of topic, eventually a comparison to Hitler / the Nazis will be made.

I think his point about Trump is kinda true in contemporary online discussion.

7 minutes ago, Ringthane said:

Yes, because G2A has their hand on the button that launches all the really big missiles, right?

Yeah.  That's what I thought.

No state leaders are going to use nukes. Because they will never win. 

So your argument is both childish and show a extremely shallow understanding of reality. 

2 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Godwin's law was an observation that in any online discussion regardless of topic, eventually a comparison to Hitler / the Nazis will be made.

I think his point about Trump is kinda true in contemporary online discussion.

Yes, his point is true in a contemporary setting. 

38 minutes ago, Derangel said:

2014 for me. I haven't needed to buy Windows key since that time though. 8.1 went with my through a couple motherboards then I got the free update to 10. If I needed a new key at some point though I'd either buy a retail box or purchase a key from Microsoft or an authorized reseller.

But as you said, you don't need to. Microsoft perceives long term users like you or me as a solid foundation for their new OS level advertisement platform and store, why they pushed so hard for all to upgrade.

Honestly I firmly believe Satya Nadella's original plan was to make consumer Windows 10 free for everybody forever, to focus on adoption rate and henceforth a large user base install to sell to advertisers (The google model basically) But this (kinda lame) compromise of free updgrades was the best he could get through the board of directors and such.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 hours ago, Sampsy said:
  • They sell stolen keys
  • They sell fake keys
  • They let you pay no VAT (which is illegal and I wouldn't be surprised if you do select to pay VAT if it just goes to G2A)
  • G2A shield offers no protection whatsoever - it's a scam
  • If there is a problem support will provide an automated response, then ignore you. You must initiate a dispute with your credit card / paypal (which G2A will ignore) to receive a refund.

1. G2A doesn't sell keys, they facilitate sales

2. G2A still doesn't sell keys

3. You get the option cause they sell in more places than the EU, and they don't have multiple sites. I live in the US, so I think VAT is batty anyways.

4. correct. all it offers is quicker help

5. probably correct ;)

I don't love G2A or anything, just clearing up misconceptions. People keep saying how "G2A sells stolen keys!!" but really their sellers may sell stolen keys, but nobody has any way of knowing which keys were stolen and which keys weren't.. Unless you're the dev of the game, in which case you can just report the stolen keys to G2A..

But that's all info from the AMA, which I'm sure is mostly just damage control. The AMA is silly anyways, the whole thread is everybody asking one question, and all getting referred to where G2A replied to that single question. Really, everybody is asking the same question. The rest of the thread is children asking stupid questions like "HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE SHITHEADS??"

I used to be quite active here.

19 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

G2A is a shady company

He did prove them wrong by explicitly breaking their Terms of Service. I think it was dumb of him to break their rules, show them him breaking their rules, and expect to be let off free.

It's scummy that (as of now, only a day later) his G2A wallet is locked out (AKA he can't get the money he already earned,) but I honestly think he'll get the money, cause they DON'T wanna get sued.

10 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

He did prove them wrong by explicitly breaking their Terms of Service. I think it was dumb of him to break their rules, show them him breaking their rules, and expect to be let off free.

It's scummy that (as of now, only a day later) his G2A wallet is locked out (AKA he can't get the money he already earned,) but I honestly think he'll get the money, cause they DON'T wanna get sued.

Demonstrating a flaw as proof that a payed service is not operating as advertised  is a different category than breaking TOS.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Its good to see that people are waking up to the fact that G2A is nothing more than a money laundering operation.

10 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Demonstrating a flaw as proof that a payed service is not operating as advertised  is a different category than breaking TOS.

Actually it's not. You can very easily get sued or go to jail for white hat hacking. If you want to show a vulnerability in something, then you need explicit written authorization from someone who's has the legal power to authorize it.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 hours ago, Ringthane said:

Yes, because G2A has their hand on the button that launches all the really big missiles, right?

Yeah.  That's what I thought.

yeah cause trump assassinated all those who opposed him to get where he is now.

yeah. that's what i thought.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

Actually it's not. You can very easily get sued or go to jail for white hat hacking. If you want to show a vulnerability in something, then you need explicit written authorization from someone who's has the legal power to authorize it.

isnt that only if it harms the company or puts them at risk? The error showed just lets a user basically charge themselves.

1 minute ago, goodtofufriday said:

isnt that only if it harms the company or puts them at risk? The error showed just lets a user basically charge themselves.

AFAIK it doesn't have to affect anyone. If you try to "break" the site you violate the TOS. Also, unless I'm mistaken, anyone could have purchased his fake listing -- not just him.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

AFAIK it doesn't have to affect anyone. If you try to "break" the site you violate the TOS. Also, unless I'm mistaken, anyone could have purchased his fake listing -- not just him.

True enough. I guess it is hard to argue the ban then. But as PR goes it hurt more than it helped. 

2 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

True enough. I guess it is hard to argue the ban then. But as PR goes it hurt more than it helped. 

I dont have a problem with them banning his account. As far as I'm concerned, that's fair. However, thats not quite what they did. They locked his wallet and are still allowing him to sell things. That's where the problem lies IMHO.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Prysin said:

I'd argue trump is far less of an evil then G2A

We'll have to see if the world is still in a recognizable and habitable state in four years. I'll very tepidly agree for now, though.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I dont have a problem with them banning his account. As far as I'm concerned, that's fair. However, thats not quite what they did. They locked his wallet and are still allowing him to sell things. That's where the problem lies IMHO.

Ah i didnt get that from reading. Thats sounds more like the G2A i know and hate

7 hours ago, zMeul said:

you do get it that G2A knowingly allows sale of stolen keys, do you actually think they'll apologize for it?

---

you want to buy cheap? wait for a fucking sale! STEAM has them, GoG has them, Humble Bundle has pay what you want

markets like G2A, Kinguin and similar are legal black markets for stolen keys

some people who buy there don't know, but the people who advertise G2A (and similar) should get cancer

"Should get cancer" I guess you have never seen anyone dying of cancer? fucking idiot

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Banning someone's ability to get their money seems fairly illegal.

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

16 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

The guy did say that if people are found to be selling stolen keys then their account funds are frozen for 14 days and guy basically went and proved to them he had been selling stolen keys, looked like a stupid move to me. Also call me a conspiracy theorist, but it all looked a little smooth on the investigators side and wouldn't surprise me if Ubi/Origin/Steam put someone up to this.

It appears a dickmove, but the guy basically admitted to selling stolen keys after they said funds are frozen if accounts are suspicious - pretty stupid for him to bitch about them being frozen after that .....

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

The guy did say that if people are found to be selling stolen keys then their account funds are frozen for 14 days and guy basically went and proved to them he had been selling stolen keys, looked like a stupid move to me. Also call me a conspiracy theorist, but it all looked a little smooth on the investigators side and wouldn't surprise me if Ubi/Origin/Steam put someone up to this.

It appears a dickmove, but the guy basically admitted to selling stolen keys after they said funds are frozen if accounts are suspicious - pretty stupid for him to bitch about them being frozen after that .....

Just to be clear, I don't have a problem with them locking his wallet either (assuming they unlock it in a reasonable amount of time or prove that he sold fraudulent goods) -- giving them time to review and validate all his sales. I have a problem with them locking his wallet while still allowing him to sell. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Screw G2A.... Bought a 0.39 pre-order armor for Doom multiplayer (last year) and thats it! Then i obviously forgot to cancel the 30 day free shield time (because its clearly accessible to all users.... just not) and they took me the 1€! PayPal got it back for me, because i wasnt gonna let these thieves take my €!

#DownWithG2A, #IBeatTheyrSystem.

:L, sorry.

Groomlake Authority

3 hours ago, Kobathor said:

its technically breaking TOS but like linus said in a wan show you would be expected to be protected by the human reasoning factor in scenarios like this

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

its technically breaking TOS but like linus said in a wan show you would be expected to be protected by the human reasoning factor in scenarios like this

I don't agree with him being punished, but he was foolish to do it in the first place, and it's at G2A's discrepancy on whether to ban him or not.