NumLock21

NOOOOO ONNNNEEEEEE

Trolls like Videocardz,

Plays forums like Videocardz,

No one sets false expectations like Videocardz,

For there's no tech site on the internet half as shady

Perfect, a pure paragon

You can expect them to say Nvidia will sell you the world

And all they'll do is laugh all the way to town!

NOOOOO ONEEEEEEEEEEE

Bullshits like Videocardz,

Hypes up nothing like Videocardz,

Or saddens entire forums like Videocardz!
As a site, yes, I'm clickbaity!
My, what a site, that Videocardz!

cba to finish the rest of the song.

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

That would be SO disappointing. AMD probably prepped for a 1080Ti announcement, which means that their keynote tomorrow will be pretty insane.

Nope again, my source said AMD knew there would be no 1080ti. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Aside from G-Sync, I'm holding out hope for AMD tomorrow. I hope they show a card as powerful / more powerful than the GTX 1080. I need something a bit more than a 1080 to push 1440p 165Hz. C'mon AMD, don't let me down.

I'm going to bed now, but 1) anyone know what time AMD's conference is and 2) are AMD's reference cards easy to put an AIO on?

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

1 minute ago, Daring said:

NOOOOO ONNNNEEEEEE

Trolls like Videocardz,

Plays forums like Videocardz,

No one sets false expectations like Videocardz,

For there's no site on the internet half as shady

Perfect, a pure paragon

You can expect them to say Nvidia will sell you the world

And all they'll do is laugh all the way to town!

NOOOOO ONEEEEEEEEEEE

Bullshits like Videocardz,

Hypes up nothing like Videocardz,

Or saddens entire forums like Videocardz!
As a site, yes, I'm clickbaity!
My, what a site, that Videocardz!

**Sniff Sniff** *Wipes tear* Beautiful.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

1 minute ago, App4that said:

It's software, Freesync is software and so has latency. Also doesn't kick in unto 30 or 48 fps, depending on the monitor. 

GSYNC is hardware. SO no latency or limitations. 

Honestly IDK so much about this.

can someone back me up on this?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

5 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

It was mostly high expectations and no mention of gaming at all. most of Nvidia revenue is still gaming

Pretty sure Jen-Hsun said everything they do is thanks to their success in the GPU from PC gaming.

Their Shield is also a gaming device if you want it to be one. I'm personally going to be getting one when I move.

2 minutes ago, Jahramika said:

You really think me an others spend money on video game software and GPU's and computer tech to see it spent on cars and home spying devices? Should spend time and money from GPU sales on new memory like HBM and faster GPU,s better software drivers which people spent money on not car parts and crap.

They are fucking doing that. How do you think they came up with Pascal? Kepler? Everything before that? Just because they didn't release an overpriced GPU today, you're mad? Grow up.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

It's software, Freesync is software and so has latency. Also doesn't kick in unto 30 or 48 fps, depending on the monitor. 

If FreeSync was software only, you could use it on any card. And you can't, because it needs (guess what) a hardware controller on the graphics card.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Honestly IDK so much about this.

can someone back me up on this?

Pretty sure there's a controller in a FreeSync monitor just like there is in a G-Sync monitor, it's just not the same exact thing. FreeSync can be implemented in a monitor that has Adaptive Sync support, which has to follow a particular design.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Nope again, my source said AMD knew there would be no 1080ti. 

Who/What is your source?

you may have a legit source, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, but this is usually something people say on the internet to win arguments, and their source is sometimes as stupid as "My dad, who has a friend who once ate at a taco shop owned by a man who is friends with the AMD CEO"

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

1 minute ago, Fetzie said:

If FreeSync was software only, you could use it on any card. And you can't, because it needs (guess what) a hardware controller on the graphics card.

But not the monitor... We're talking about monitors. Freesync monitors do not have a Freesync chip. GSYNC monitors have a GSYNC chip.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

Pretty sure there's a controller in a FreeSync monitor just like there is in a G-Sync monitor, it's just not the same exact thing. FreeSync can be implemented in a monitor that has Adaptive Sync support, which has to follow a particular design.

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

Desktop:

Laptop:

But not the monitor... We're talking about monitors. Freesync monitors do not have a Freesync chip. GSYNC monitors have a GSYNC chip.

So why do only some monitors support Freesync???

Desktop:

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

FreeSync requires a scalar on the monitor that is compatible with VESA Adaptive Sync, and a graphics card with a VRR capable display thingamabob (can't remember the exact name and it's half past 5 in the morning) but they're only in the r9 290 and higher graphics cards)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

TL:DW

Mas Effect Game coming March 12

nVidia Shield for 199 dollars

nVidia Spot with Google AI to control your home

main thing

nVidia AI system for auto driving and lots of Starbucks

nVidia teaming with Audi, Bosch and ZF to make production of the(Charles) Xavier AI system

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Who/What is your source?

you may have a legit source, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, but this is usually something people say on the internet to win arguments, and their source is sometimes as stupid as "My dad, who has a friend who once ate at a taco shop owned by a man who is friends with the AMD CEO"

Obviously can't tell you, but check this topic I broke the news of no 1080ti and a new Shield before the event. My topic got nuked...

So why do only some monitors support Freesync???

Licencing. Google it. I'd do it for you but you get warnings for that here. 

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

You can be limited by the G-Sync hardware itself and processing is still required so latency is not negated by using a G-Sync chip.

Obviously can't tell you, but check this topic I broke the news of no 1080ti and a new Shield before the event. My topic got nuked...

You topic got nuked because there is already a thread on the nVidia keynote, and your post didn't follow the news thread guidelines :)

If you believed that Nvidia would announce the 1080 Ti today, then I must ask you:

When was the last time Nvidia announced a new GPU at CES?

Just now, App4that said:

They do have Adaptive Sync hardware. It's not just software. FreeSync may just be software but it's still using VESA's Adaptive Sync standard that is only available in certain monitors.

Can we all agree that deep learning and AI is the next big market, and it's good that Nvidia was (at least I believe) the first company to develop hardware and the software necessary to facilitate the fast processing of tremendous amounts of data. Sooner or later AI will be Nvidia's main focus.

I just finished watching the whole stream that went down and I have to honestly say that AI is really the next big thing.

Edited by JurunceNK

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

You can be limited by the G-Sync hardware itself and processing is still required so latency is not negated by using a G-Sync chip.

True, latency is just lower than Freesync. To a close to imperceptible degree. 

Tbh maybe Nvidia just won't release a 1080Ti. They've got some good reason to which is putting that focus towards Volta.  I still stand with my statement of AMD would be utterly fucking stupid to release Vega 6-7 months, probably closer to 8-9 months once it is actually released and have it be on-par with Pascal. They'd be pure fucking idiots and it would ruin them. Vega has to be at MINIMUM in my eyes 15% faster then Vega at good price points such as the $400 Vega card has to be at least 15% faster then the 1070 to be considered a successful launch.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

They do have Adaptive Sync hardware. It's not just software. FreeSync may just be software but it's still using VESA's Adaptive Sync standard that is only available in certain monitors.

I honestly don't know, but I'm assuming that the VESA Adaptive Sync is good enough

Desktop:

Laptop:

22 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

Vega GPU /  G-Sync monitor = no bueno.

You can sell the Gsync monitor used, then buy the Freesync variant and still come out on top in terms of money xD

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR