GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

ZOTAC-GeFore-GTX-1080-Ti.jpg+

ZOTAC-GeForce-GTX-1080-1-900x535.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

so was the 1080Ti announced or not? 

No, it was not announced.

5 minutes ago, Energycore said:

That's a flawed notion. Different monitors have different input lag, and that's even in the Freesync / Gsync version of the same panel (take for instane, the AOC G2460PF which has more input lag than the G2460PQU). So actually, that particular Freesync monitor has less input lag than that particular Gsync monitor.

Yes, Linus's methodology is wrong there, what a shocker xD

Well all gsync monitors uses the same Gsync modules (well of the different gens, I think there are 2 now). So it should be the same on all Gsync monitors. As for Freesync, sure, but that still disproves the point, that freesyc has a higher latency than gsync. It can, and it can have a lower latency as well.

11 minutes ago, App4that said:

Freesync don't not allow the graphics card to control the monitor. That's GSYNC. 

Yes, that's exactly that Freesync does. I'm not sure you understand how this all works.

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

What am I supposed to do with that old article? It says nothing about latency.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

I think this is a issue of semantics and I guaranty you have the sobriety advantage here. 

There is no Freesync chip, module, or thingamabob. My point

No, but there is an Adaptive Sync hardware spec that which is required for FreeSync to actually work, much in the same way that there needs to be a G-Sync module in a desktop monitor for G-Sync to work.

How the two GPU vendors interface with the monitor and control it may be different, but they both have a hardware requirement.

3 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

GeForce Now: $25 for 20 hours

Also Nvidia will nag you and tell you to pull over if you get pissed off when driving.

Someone's salty.

5 minutes ago, rattacko123 said:

no, mostly just ai

We probably shouldn't have gotten our hopes up - it's not like Nvidia has any real need to release the 1080 Ti unless AMD's Vega flagship considerably outperforms the 1080.

What's Geforce Now? I genuinely didn't catch the stream.

And more importantly will it give people the 1080 Ti they want.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

30 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Pretty sure Jen-Hsun said everything they do is thanks to their success in the GPU from PC gaming.

Their Shield is also a gaming device if you want it to be one. I'm personally going to be getting one when I move.

They are fucking doing that. How do you think they came up with Pascal? Kepler? Everything before that? Just because they didn't release an overpriced GPU today, you're mad? Grow up.

Shit I am not mad could care less would never  buy any over priced Nvidia product at this point long ago I use to no more. Actions say more than words. He is steal gamers money to invest in areas that has nothing too do with gaming. I wont even get into the cloud gaming garbage. Now Nvidia wants to play the role of computer slum lords.

7 minutes ago, Notional said:

Well all gsync monitors uses the same Gsync modules (well of the different gens, I think there are 2 now). So it should be the same on all Gsync monitors. As for Freesync, sure, but that still disproves the point, that freesyc has a higher latency than gsync. It can, and it can have a lower latency as well.

Yes, that's exactly that Freesync does. I'm not sure you understand how this all works.

What am I supposed to do with that old article? It says nothing about latency.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-g-sync-or-amd-freesync-pick-a-side-and-stick-with-it/

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

What's Geforce Now? I genuinely didn't catch the stream.

And more importantly will it give people the 1080 Ti they want.

Cloud gaming, so you can game on any PC or Mac even using a iGPU. Everything is handled server side. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Again, you are just spamming links. There's nothing about latency there either. And it's a 1½ years old article. You have nothing to back up your arguments, maybe, just maybe you are wrong?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

43 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

It was mostly high expectations and no mention of gaming at all. most of Nvidia revenue is still gaming

Actually they mentioned gaming when they showed off Mass Effect Andromeda as a "Hey we still make gaming graphics cards". It's kinda disappointing and almost felt like they removed the 1080ti since there was no purpose to that part of the presentation. I'm guessing they just didn't want to release the 1080ti yet.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

1 minute ago, Notional said:

Again, you are just spamming links. There's nothing about latency there either. And it's a 1½ years old article. You have nothing to back up your arguments, maybe, just maybe you are wrong?

Maybe it's not my job to google for you? One possibility. 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Maybe it's not my job to google for you? One possibility. 

It is when you make a claim that has been disproved, while you just spam articles that doesn't back up your point?

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

Cloud gaming, so you can game on any PC or Mac even using a iGPU. Everything is handled server side. 

$25 for 20 hours.

Yeah sounds like just the thing for the people who sold their 1080s xD

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

14 minutes ago, App4that said:

There is no Freesync chip, module, or thingamabob. My point

If that were true every existing monitor would have freesync support, meaning it's GPU and software only. But you need hardware support in the monitor for freesync. It may only be a minor difference just like monitors that have different HDMI standard support but those also have different hardware which defines the HDMI standard that is supported.

Just now, Notional said:

It is when you make a claim that has been disproved, while you just spam articles that doesn't back up your point?

No, you used Linus as a citation. We had a giggle and moved on. Speaking of moving on. 

Just now, leadeater said:

If that were true every existing monitor would have freesync support, meaning it's GPU and software only. But you need hardware support in the monitor for freesync. It may only be a minor difference just like monitors that have different HDMI standard support but those also have different hardware which defines the HDMI standard that is supported.

Its panel and scaler based. However even some older monitors can be made to run freesync through a firmware swap. 

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

That would be like giving Ford the credit for using roads? Bad analogy but I hope it works. 

Just now, App4that said:

No, you used Linus as a citation. We had a giggle and moved on. Speaking of moving on. 

It's pathetic to turn to a simple ad hominem. Attack his testing methodology, if you think it's wrong. But then you have to come up with something better. So far YOU made a point, that YOU have yet to back up. That is YOUR responsibility, not mine.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

That would be like giving Ford the credit for using roads? Bad analogy but I hope it works. 

Well that makes no sense at all to me? What do you mean?

I was simply just stating that there is some hardware level requirement in the monitor to support freesync.