Show Off Your Old Tech!

ionbasa

This laptop of mine (with a Core 2 Duo T7600 instead of the original Core Duo T2600).

post-155575-0-26697100-1436254193_thumb.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

For my pc my original Logitech G9 from 2007. Still going strong to this day.

I still have an Atari 2600 kicking around somewhere though.

AMD

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

iPod 4th Gen, and or Powermac G5. yeah powermac G5

Oldest thing I regularly use is either my syncmaster 225bw or htc evo 4g lte.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I still have the first phone that I ever had. I can't remember the exact model, but it was a Nokia. Still works just fine today. Better than my hand-me-down iPhone 4 that I've had for about 3 years now.

The home button on this thing has been broken since I've had it and I could never be bothered to spend over €100 to get it repaired lol

My sister is using my first computer which was from 2004-2005 with Sempron and 1,5GB DDR ram.It runs pretty good with Ubuntu.

Nintendo DS, the original one in silver. Still plays perfectly.

My mum still uses a PC from the 90s which runs Windows 95 and has 16MB RAM for accounting.

I'm not actually surprised that a computer that old still gets used. If its not broken...

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Not my picture but my kind of setup ;)

Two_HP_LP2065_monitors.jpeg

2 4:3 1600X1200 DVI monitors.

I got 1 for free so... it's just that every YouTube video gets black bars, oh well - it's considered cinematic I guess ;)

EDIT: Just noticed the Gsomething Logitech keyboard at the bottom, I've got the G19 which looks similar ;)

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Oldest in my hands right now is the iPhone 5s. 

I still use a HP Lasterjet 2420 from 2005, it's connected to my router, didn't cause any problems for the last 10 years and printing with it is a lot cheaper than ink, albeit only black and white.

Oh boy, old you say.

Well, let me start with my main rig. Dual p4 xeons at 3.6ghz, from 2004 and a hd5770, not to mention 4 IDE HDDs

I have 2 monitors, one is 15inch and the other 17 inch. From 2005 and 2008(I think)

Next I shall go to my laptop. Running a pentium M 1.7 from 2005 and no battery life with a massive 40gb IDE HDD.

My phone is a Samsung galaxy s2 from 2011, a little more modern...

And my tablet, a 8 inch, 8gb slow tablet from Archos.

my ORIGINAL HP 2000 laptop, not the new one that tons of people own, this is the black and silver one. It runs elementary OS and I use it when I am traveling in case I loose my MSI laptop

i5-6600k | Current GPU:GTX 970 | FireStrike Score with said GPU: 10752 Proof

My IBM Model M! Of course I did not own it for it's entire life, unfortunately. I bought it a couple years ago. 

Also I re-purposed an old Desktop PC and configured FreeNAS on it.

An Apple Airport Extreme 5th Generation (2011). It's not super old, but it's still running reliably.

I pod mini, but the battery is gone. Also I use typewriters fairly often

I still use a NTSC Sony Broadcast Monitor 4:3 and 16:9 capable (Woah!) and a HP w2228h for work. 

Even though I use HD and some 4K footage.

Reference photos below

7632.jpg

sony_pvm-1354q_monitor.jpg

Good old Sony Trinitron, nice one.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

If you count old audio equipment as tech, then count me in :)

Amplifiers:

Quad 33 pre-amplifier (pre production model) 1965

Quad 303 Power Amplifier (pre production model) 1965 

Quad 303 Power Amplifier (post production) ~1974 

I would call these amps pioneers in tech, as the Quad 303 was one of the first commercially available to the public home audio amplifier to use Transistors the previous model was using valves. Why is this good you ask? Well these transistor amps sound very much like a valve driven amplifier, and they are glorious.

Speakers:

Mission 751 Rosewood ~1980's

Mission M73 Beach ~ 2001

Mission 78AS Dual Active Subwoofer Rosewood (250w RMS) 2002

Honestly, the best sounding setup I've ever heard, blows these "surround sound" setups out of the water without breaking a sweat.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

ATi 4650. still a beast.

13+ year old mouse

Gameboy Advance SP

Nintendo DS

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Let's see here... A pair of really, really nice Denon headphones that I use for hours and hours daily (AH-D7000 for those that want to know)

I also use a Core 2 Quad Q6600 (?) with 8GB DDR3 RAM on an EVGA Nforce 790i ultra for a Pfsense box... It has a GTX 280 in it for graphics (LOL) 

Gameboy SP w/all gen 1 and 2 pokemon games in english and japanese, but that doesn't really get used...

Old Denon Receiver that I use for audio duties with some Carver Speakers from ~2001.

Dell 2408 WFP IPS monitor that I love to death, because it literally has all of the inputs. 

Old Core 2 Duo Dell studio laptop. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

my NAS server its a mix from old server parts and new hard drives works fine altho i am thinking of getting rid of server 2003 and putting FreeNAS on it

AM2 server board (dont know the exact model number)

Phenom x4 first gen phenom dont know the model number either

8GB of DDR2 and 5.7TB of hard drives in total (3/4 hard drives)

my am transmitter/reciver (ca.1950-60's yaesu radio)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600