Show Off Your Old Tech!

ionbasa

An Xperia E that sucks BALLS. And um... i don't use the following per say, but i still have an old DDR2 based Pentium machine laying around with no proper functioning motherboard.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

- windows xp laptop( 2005)

- ps2 (fat)

-old win 98 desktop (1999) ; ok i dont use it much , but whatever :)

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Mine would be the original iPod, don't see a need to replace it. Works great for attaching to the boat stereo system. 

I have an old hp pc sitting the corner of my room but I don't use it. An xbox 360 is over there with it too xD. I guess I should just call it the "crap corner."

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

*presents my shitty pc specs*

Details separate people.

I still use an old AMD Athlon XP computer from around 2004. It's in my signature.

Infact this post was typed and posted from that exact computer. It runs Windows XP like a BOSS! ;)

^Just told Microsoft to get fucked with their newer OS and enforced hardware upgrades.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

VGA cable connected to my 1680X1050p monitor.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

My PC case is from 2003. Please send help.

I have this S340 sitting right next to me, but I don't really want to put this old AM3 board in it when I'm days away from getting new parts to put into it.

Also I have an original Sidewinder flight stick that I still use and still works well.

My keyboard is a 1990 IBM model M (grey label). It's more than 5 years older than me.

My old Compaq ProSignia 165 laptop, Latitude E4300, parts for one of my old builds, soon to be a dual PIII board, and maybe something like an ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe... My OptiPlex 760... OptiPlex 170L... An old Lenovo LGA 775 board... Maybe an old Socket 939 board... I still use a lot of old shit.

EDIT: Forgot about my PS2 and GTX 480.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Really only still use two daily.

1987 IBM Model M- Great story about this. Found it in a electronics dump at the university, was just walking by and I noticed it was lying there, along with some old servers. There were two of 'em, I picked up the newer one and a friend took the other one. Guess the uni just wanted to upgrade and didn't realize the value in them. Dusted it off, cleaned it up and now I use it almost every day.

Sony Walkman (Still listen to some old tapes on it)

Plus all the old consoles-

Super Nintendo, Limited Edition Gamecube, original Arcade XBox 360 (gift from a friend)

Don't use them on a daily basis though.

I keep my old Toshiba A70 laptop which runs a nuclear-powered Pentium 4 desktop chip. It's down to four minutes of battery life but I keep the old girl around for tuning my Firebird's EPROM. Need the serial connection for the ALDL cable and Windows XP.

I also have an assortment of Athlon XPs; AMD K6-2s; Pentium IIs; S939 Athlon 64s and Core 2 hardware that makes it's rounds across my test bench when I get bored and feel like tinkering. Oddly enough about 90% of it is stuff that used to be my main system at one point in a decade or other.

Ugh I feel old today.

wait did i read that correctly a "nuclear powered pentium"

1989 IBM Model M. Best keyboard I've ever had.

ShredderPC V3.5  CPU: Intel i5 3570 | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390 | Mobo: Intel DB75EN | RAM: 16GB DDR3

ShredderPC X5450  CPU: Intel Xeon X5450 | GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 760 | Mobo: Asus P5G41C-M LX | RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHz

wait did i read that correctly a "nuclear powered pentium"

Average core temp runs about 105C. Toshiba thought it was a great idea to jam a desktop Pentium 4 Extreme with hyperthreading into a consumer grade chassis. It weighs a ton and is slow as shit.

Gets about 7 minutes of battery life too. 30 when it was new.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Ethernet cable

Reliable connection. Best for live streaming.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I was handed a box of old computer parts to do with as I pleased. I figured, for fun, I'd share the GPU's I pulled out of the box.

These are all way before my time as a computer builder, so they are really fun to read about and look at. I should also mention that I'm pulling images from Google.

In no particular order:

1. Nvidia P73

41Wv6FU6o2L.jpg

2. 3dfx Voodoo 3

Voodoo3-3000AGP.jpg

3. Trident Daytona 64T

KL_Trident_Daytona_64_PCI.jpg

4. MSI G4MX440

img486979.jpg

5. ATI Mach 64

51ZcJzvuYpL.jpg

6. STB Nitro 64V

7. ASUS AGP V7700

asusv7700_web.jpg

8. GAINWARD GeForce FX PowerPack

14-128-190-06.jpg

did u happen to find one of these in that box?

post-146291-0-80134100-1436590124_thumb.

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

did u happen to find one of these in that box?

attachicon.giftitanx-9b.jpg

Yeah, but I thought they were CD Rom drives, so they went out with the morning trash.

Also found a Pentium 4, and an AMD Athlon Classic.

I've never actually seen a cartridge-style CPU enclosure before, it's pretty neat.

I was handed a box of old computer parts to do with as I pleased. I figured, for fun, I'd share the GPU's I pulled out of the box.

These are all way before my time as a computer builder, so they are really fun to read about and look at. I should also mention that I'm pulling images from Google.

In no particular order:

-snip-

Dude, don't bring back from the dead threads that are this old.

There's this one already, you can post here.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/90677-show-of-your-old-and-retro-computer-parts/page-61

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I got some old towers laying around: (Excuse the horrible image quality of my 3GS)

1. Dell Optiplex GX110

oQQJZ9u.png

dl5Jn5E.png

Looks really rough but still runs like a top. This is the PC that got me into PCs! I did my first upgrades on this thing like

doubling the RAM to 512MB (WOAH!!!!) and adding some PCI GPU I can't recall the name of. This thing has a P3 @ 1 GHZ

and I remember when I saw that in the BIOS I started jumping up and down while screaming at the top of my lungs, I thought that

was just the most amazing thing EVER! Sadly I don't have IDE cables or RAM in it right now but I can add that easily.

2. Some other random old PC (Pentium 2 at 266mhz? Can't remember the clock speed atm)

4S3ObpC.png

And of course, my trusty GBA!

TfXhMK2.png

Nothing can kill this beast, not even going through the washer and dryer! That's happened to it twice, you can see how it

warped on the left. xD

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer