AMD Zen SR7 to sell for $499

NumLock21
1 minute ago, patrickjp93 said:

Yes I can. Very first post, 6 links. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4x2erm/some_zen_aots_benchmarks/

Guru3d is an AMD shill site that won't admit he called the end of Construction FX the day after Vishera launched. That is the only thing they claim he got wrong, and he didn't.

Imgur links to simple stills mean nothing.

2 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Guru3d is an AMD shill site

5 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

That is the only thing they claim he got wrong, and he didn't.

You live under a fucking rock if you think that BULLSHIT is true. Hell, the only shill here is you.

But fuck this "conversation." I'm done with it, because you have no idea what a credible source is (Reddit and Imgur ARE NOT CREDIBLE, NOR IS DRESDENBOY). We won't know a fucking thing until Zen is actually released. Everything AMD released so far, information wise, is subject to change.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

10 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Imgur links to simple stills mean nothing.

You live under a fucking rock if you think that BULLSHIT is true. Hell, the only shill here is you.

But fuck this "conversation." I'm done with it, because you have no idea what a credible source is (Reddit and Imgur ARE NOT CREDIBLE, NOR IS DRESDENBOY). We won't know a fucking thing until Zen is actually released. Everything AMD released so far, information wise, is subject to change.

Those stills come from a reputable forum (Anandtech) where his posts were removed at AMD's request. They spread through the web like wildfire. WCCF, kit guru, guru3d, overclockers.uk, and many others reported on them and noted that, because they came from Dresdenboy, they can be considered as good as fact.

Case in point: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-zen-engineering-sample-aos-further-analysis,2.html

But hey, I'll put a wager on it. If Dresdenboy's leak about Zen's clock for clock performance is wrong w.r.t. AOTS (using the same build he did, mind you),  I will close this account here at LTT; but only if you agree here to close yours if I'm right. Unlike you and your history of slander and deception, Opcode, I put my money and pride directly on the line and don't break promises.

You lost on wccf, you lost on guru3d, and you'll lose again.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

13 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Or the fact that they're going off of their previous naming schemes...

R3/5/7 SSDs

R3/5/7 RAM

R5/7/9 GPUs

It makes sense. 

AMD does not manufacture nor designs RAM or SSDs, they just buy and rebrand shit under their name - another dumb retarded move under AMD's leadership

SSDs, only R3 and R7 series as I could find: http://www.anandtech.com/show/10318/amd-ssd-m2-nvme-r3-r7 no R5

RAM: R5, R7 and R9 I could find; R3 RAM !??!?!

49 minutes ago, zMeul said:

AMD does not manufacture nor designs RAM or SSDs, they just buy and rebrand shit under their name - another dumb retarded move under AMD's leadership

SSDs, only R3 and R7 series as I could find: http://www.anandtech.com/show/10318/amd-ssd-m2-nvme-r3-r7 no R5

RAM: R5, R7 and R9 I could find; R3 RAM !??!?!

Yeah I'm going from memory. 

EVGA doesn't manufacture PSUs, they just rebrand them under their name. Another dumb retarded move under EVGA's leadership. 

That argument can be applied to most companies you know. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Yeah I'm going from memory. 

EVGA doesn't manufacture PSUs, they just rebrand them under their name. Another dumb retarded move under EVGA's leadership. 

I don't trust nor buy PSUs from 3rd parties - for me EVGA's PSUs are absolutely irrelevant

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

I don't trust nor buy PSUs from 3rd parties - for me EVGA's PSUs are absolutely irrelevant

Even though they're the top quality ones in the industry with the longest, most comprehensive warranties in the industry...

Much logic, such wow...

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Just now, patrickjp93 said:

Even though they're the top quality ones in the industry with the longest, most comprehensive warranties in the industry...

Much logic, such wow...

1. EVGA's PSUs are built on Leadex's platforms
  2. is there something wrong with buying Superflower Leadex PSUs!?

much wow so logix

Just now, zMeul said:
  1. EVGA's PSUs are built on Leadex's platforms
  2. is there something wrong with buying Superflower Leadex PSUs!?

much wow so logix

With replaced and superior cooling and better power stepping

No, but EVGA's tweaks and warranty are superior, and generally getting Leadex in the U.S. is next to impossible or twice as expensive after import costs and duties.

With replaced and superior cooling and better power stepping

I saw the latest Leadex PSU reviews and I suggest you cut the crap

No, but EVGA's tweaks and warranty are superior, and generally getting Leadex in the U.S. is next to impossible or twice as expensive after import costs and duties.

if the Leadex is the platform please enlighten me why I should pay extra for a EVGA PSU?

not my problem SuperFlower Leadex isn't available in the US, you still have SeaSonic who's leader in consumer PSUs - their latests products are the highest rated to date

the whole SR stuff is retarded i mean Summit Ridge but when they come out witha  new one will they change it? how about using Z for zen and be done with it since they are on the zen train for many years to come

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

31 minutes ago, zMeul said:

if the Leadex is the platform please enlighten me why I should pay extra for a EVGA PSU?

not my problem SuperFlower Leadex isn't available in the US, you still have SeaSonic who's leader in consumer PSUs - their latests products are the highest rated to date

At $80 in the United States, you can get an EVGA G2 550 vs. a Seasonic G-series 550. Generally, the G2 is the better option for most simply because full modularity. Besides that, both put up a fairly good fight against one another.

Outside of the States, EVGA's rebranded PSUs tend to be more expensive than a lot of others.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

At $80 in the United States, you can get an EVGA G2 550 vs. a Seasonic G-series 550. Generally, the G2 is the better option for most simply because full modularity. Besides that, both put up a fairly good fight against one another.

Outside of the States, EVGA's rebranded PSUs tend to be more expensive than a lot of others.

EVGA  is not available in a  lot of countries including India

Just now, Scitesh said:

EVGA  is not available in a  lot of countries including India

Probably should've stated that too.

EVGA usually isn't in a lot of Asian countries, confusingly enough.

I know Super Flower sells their PSUs in Japan and most of Europe but not in the United States for whatever reason.

Just now, zMeul said:

I can't even find EVGA PSUs at my local (e-)retailers

and if you go to EVGA's EU shop, stock is zero: http://eu.evga.com/Products/ProductList.aspx?type=10

Eh, sounds about right. EVGA is basically Super Flower and HEC's American PSU channel at this point.

lol at the eu shop

9 hours ago, zMeul said:

No crap to cut. EVGA replaces 20% of the internal power delivery hardware and has an overall smoother power delivery curve.

Because it's quieter, runs cooler, is more efficient, delivers better quality power, and has a far better warranty.

ITT: One hateboy tries to embarrass someone with childish antics, while said person could just as easily let such child have his tantrum in silence and walk away. Instead decides to be a baller and attempt a reasonable debate.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

Let's get back on topic, guys. Does anyone think that the chip naming (Summit Ridge 7) will be carried over to the next generation?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Let's get back on topic, guys. Does anyone think that the chip naming (Summit Ridge 7) will be carried over to the next generation?

Probably, but instead of SR, it will be the first letter of the new name.

3 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Probably, but instead of SR, it will be the first letter of the new name.

Hopefully. Intel does similar with the 1st number in the SKU.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

41 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Hopefully. Intel does similar with the 1st number in the SKU.

No point. The generation numbers are plenty.

On 11/28/2016 at 3:05 AM, Belgarathian said:

A Chinese Excel 2004 spreadsheet is now a trusted source? 

Not sure if it's not trustable because it's Excel or the year or the race?

In fact, you shouldn't trust anything at all 100% until it is released.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

Just because it has a faster clock speed doesn't mean it will be faster. The 9350 is 5ghz and slower than 3Ghz intel.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

4 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

Just because it has a faster clock speed doesn't mean it will be faster. The 9350 is 5ghz and slower than 3Ghz intel.

I thought we all learned this back in the Pentium 4 days?

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

4 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

I thought we all learned this back in the Pentium 4 days?

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.