Someone Got Their GTX 1060 Early

5 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Where I am in Canada, you can't find a 480 whatsoever.

Same in NZ, everywhere the RX 480 is listed at ~$355 USD is out of stock, the only store that claims to have stock is selling at ~$375 USD, although that store does have it labelled as a "pre-order", so it is unclear if they actually have stock.

5 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

You live in the US right? Because that would be why its the MSRP (after taxes in other countries+the exchange rate+supply shortage, its not at the MSRP anywhere else)

I pre-ordered a GTX 1080 for $1500 NZD (~$1062 USD), it still has not arrived and the store has no clue when they might receive stock. Stores that did have stock for the new GPU's raised their prices to try to reduce demand to match the very limited supply.

My overclocked GTX 970 only got 3957 graphics score in timespy. The 1060 looks to potentially be a very good value card, assuming that they have enough supply to meet international demand.

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

Same in NZ, everywhere the RX 480 is listed at ~$355 USD is out of stock, the only store that claims to have stock is selling at ~$375 USD, although that store does have it labelled as a "pre-order", so it is unclear if they actually have stock.

I pre-ordered a GTX 1080 for $1500 NZD (~$1062 USD), it still has not arrived and the store has no clue when they might receive stock. Stores that did have stock for the new GPU's raised their prices to try to reduce demand to match the very limited supply.

My overclocked GTX 970 only got 3957 graphics score in timespy. The 1060 looks to potentially be a very good value card, assuming that they have enough supply to meet international demand.

Oh....right, the supply shortage. I actually had forgotten that the 14&16nm GPU were in short supply-kind of didn't need to worry about it since I won't need to replace my GTX 970 for a while (it makes me glad I didn't go with a 780ti back in early 2014-using over 3GB vRAM at 1080p in a lot of my games).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

Oh....right, the supply shortage. I actually had forgotten that the 14&16nm GPU were in short supply-kind of didn't need to worry about it since I won't need to replace my GTX 970 for a while (it makes me glad I didn't go with a 780ti back in early 2014-using over 3GB vRAM at 1080p in a lot of my games).

Definitely makes me worry less about the obsolescence of my two 980ti's.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

doesnt seem to be supply issues for AMD outside of the US.

Plenty of RX480s around EU from what i can gather. Only the US have shortages in online stores.

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

doesnt seem to be supply issues for AMD outside of the US.

Plenty of RX480s around EU from what i can gather. Only the US have shortages in online stores.

Don't understand why would people rush to buy the reference cards?

1900 Yuan. Ah, China, aka Land of Cheat. No wonder people there can get the card before NDA is lifted.

4 minutes ago, Deli said:

Don't understand why would people rush to buy the reference cards?

If you don't have a custom computer with good airflow a reference card will do better. The open air coolers really heat up your case if you have a shitty one.

There are plenty of OEM style PC's from big stores that use the power supply as an exhaust without any intake fans. If you have that you kind of have to get a blower cooler in many cases.

That and many people that are not really well informed just buy them because they are the first ones available. I would assuse they don't mind the temps and noise, (but GTX10x0 and RX 480 are fairly quiet anyway). Stuff like this just isn't on their radar.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

@LAwLz Eh you're using a different set of numbers for the 480 than the one the OP provided.

Spoiler

*removed because scores weren't from the same thing*

*removed because scores weren't from the same thing*

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

3 minutes ago, wcreek said:

@LAwLz Eh you're using a different set of numbers for the 480 than the one the OP provided.

Hide contents

4333.PNG

Time Spy: The 480 loses to the alleged 1060 scores by 20 points.

Extreme: The 480 beats the alleged 1060 scores by 660 points

Ultra: The 480 beats the alleged 1060 scores by 120 points

Look at the OP. The numbers he uses for the RX 480 are the graphics scores. You're comparing the overall score of the GTX 1060 to the graphics score of the RX 480, which is usually higher, and is in this case. For example, the overall score for the RX 480 in Firestrike Extreme is 5598, as shown by this link in the OP: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9179510 You can work out the rest.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

1 minute ago, Shakaza said:

Look at the OP. The numbers he uses for the RX 480 are the graphics scores. You're comparing the overall score of the GTX 1060 to the graphics score of the RX 480, which is usually higher, and is in this case. For example, the overall score for the RX 480 in Firestrike Extreme is 5598, as shown by this link in the OP: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9179510 You can work out the rest.

Huh. Didn't notice that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Shakaza said:

Not to mention there isn't a 1060 driver out yet.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

2 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

Not to mention there isn't a 1060 driver out yet.

Hence I said leaked in my table. It's possible that 3DMark scores on the 1060 will either much lower or much higher.

Anyways...

3 minutes ago, wcreek said:

5 minutes ago, wcreek said:

It's fine. Everybody makes mistakes. I just want to point it out before raving fanboys take it to heart and spread around misinformation.

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

well it beats my time spy result with a 1080... something up with my installation, i got 3700 on graphics score for some reason

then aib rx 480 oc should slaughter an oc'ed 1060 for ~50€ less, good :)

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

4 minutes ago, FatalityDiablo said:

then aib rx 480 oc should slaughter an oc'ed 1060 for ~50€ less, good :)

I'm sorry, but where did you get that metric from? Are the third-party manufacturers really producing cards that better than the reference models?

8 minutes ago, Shakaza said:

I'm sorry, but where did you get that metric from? Are the third-party manufacturers really producing cards that better than the reference models?

It seems that some AIB RX480's can achieve upwards of 1500 Mhz clock speeds, but that's a big if and a statement best taken with salt. We'll just have to wait and see.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

3 minutes ago, Khvarrioiren said:

It seems that some AIB RX480's can achieve upwards of 1500 Mhz clock speeds, but that's a big if and a statement best taken with salt. We'll just have to wait and see.

Hmm, that sounds interesting and I look forward to seeing the results. And, call me crazy, but I'm secretly hoping that the RX 480 and GTX 1060 are equally competitive.

1 minute ago, Shakaza said:

Hmm, that sounds interesting and I look forward to seeing the results. And, call me crazy, but I'm secretly hoping that the RX 480 and GTX 1060 are equally competitive.

Same here. Mostly just waiting for either to come out, since I've got customer builds piling up waiting for the new mid-range GPUs.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

I would love to know why the F ! The NDA hasn't lifted yet.  Doubt they had delivery issues.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

i dont understand why is everyone so excited about the 1060..... while it might be faster by a couple fps in DX 11...... it will still be behind the 480 in DX 12 vulkan, .........cuz amd cards are way better optimized for the new api......  + amd cards age better and get faster with every driver release,...... where as 1060 will be around same...... which mean what u see is what u get.....Plus it has 2 GB less vram and doesnt support SLI. just because its from nvidia it doesnt mean that it is worth the money

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

Custom RX 480 vs custom GTX 1060 = Buy what is cheaper... for most people anyways.

Can I get my Sapphire NITRO RX 480 early too, please?

*sigh* Fine, I'll go back to staring at my watch and my calendar whilst staring out my window for the courier...

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

3 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Can I get my Sapphire NITRO RX 480 early too, please?

*sigh* Fine, I'll go back to staring at my watch and my calendar whilst staring out my window for the courier...

Move to the city where they manufacture those cards ;)

Why do you think Chinese got some earlier?