GTX 1060 leak (TAKE WITH A TRUCKLOAD OF SALT)

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I don't think you understand the current pricing situation. It is ONLY the RX 480 affected. The price disparity it out of this world. It is not at all the same with the GTX 1070 or GTX 1080 from what I have seen (checked a few different countries).

There is something fishy going on with the RX 480. I don't know who to blame but it is not just the regular "well EU prices is higher".

Well, the EU prices are higher. That's my assessment. If it's a cartel only in Sweden, and you can prove it, then sue 'em! But, you can't, so take off your tinfoil hat.

I used to be quite active here.

3 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Well, the EU prices are higher. That's my assessment. If it's a cartel only in Sweden, and you can prove it, then sue 'em! But, you can't, so take off your tinfoil hat.

Wow... Did you exchange your logic and reasoning skills for that 7970?

It is painfully obvious that something is going on with the RX 480 pricing. This is true for most (if not all) of Europe. You're the one with the tinfoil hat suggesting it is a cartel (since you are saying it is the AIBs raising the prices to the exact same level, and nobody wants to lower them). I think it is higher up in the supply chain since that would give us an explanation that doesn't involve illegal activities.

Again, this is not just in Sweden. This is across multiple countries, multiple stores and multiple currencies.

Sorry for being rude but seriously... The AMD defense force has been acting completely irrationally ever since the RX 480 was released and I am getting really sick of it.

I love that Marketing piece of shit graph in increments of 0.1 :D:D:D making it look llike double the performance if u dont look at  the numbers... FU NVIDIA !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

6 hours ago, awesomeness10120 said:

Nvidia would never price the 1060 below $250. That would create a massive gap between the 1060 and 1070. This graph is just sooooo full of shit it's not even funny.

Nvidia has done x60 Ti cards many times before, they could release a 1060 Ti to fill the gap between the 1060 and 1070 later on. I'm almost 100% sure they will.

7 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

You're the one with the tinfoil hat suggesting it is a cartel

lol what

"an association of manufacturers or suppliers with the purpose of maintaining prices at a high level and restricting competition."

"the Columbian drug cartel."

- Google's definition of "Cartel"

It would be a cartel if the companies were working together to raise the price of the 480. I do not think that they are doing that. I think the price is just high IN EUROPE, and will lower itself in time. The card came out two days ago, damn it. Calm your tits.

1 minute ago, Kobathor said:

lol what

"an association of manufacturers or suppliers with the purpose of maintaining prices at a high level and restricting competition."

"the Columbian drug cartel."

- Google's definition of "Cartel"

It would be a cartel if the companies were working together to raise the price of the 480. I do not think that they are doing that. I think the price is just high IN EUROPE, and will lower itself in time. The card came out two days ago, damn it. 

So you put the blame on the AIBs, and at the same time you don't think they they have a cartel?

Let me get this straight... You genuinely believe that they all coincidentally decided to overprice the RX 480 (and NO OTHER CARD on the market) by 25%, and none of them are willing to lower their prices despite there being a considerable amount of them still in stock?

That sounds like the most probable explanation to you?

I think you just proved the multiverse theory, because your reasoning skills are out of this world.

3 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

So you put the blame on the AIBs, and at the same time you don't think they they have a cartel?

Let me get this straight... You genuinely believe that they all coincidentally decided to overprice the RX 480 (and NO OTHER CARD on the market) by 25%, and none of them are willing to lower their prices despite there being a considerable amount of them still in stock?

That sounds like the most probable explanation to you?

I think you just proved the multiverse theory, because your reasoning skills are out of this world.

fuck dude

10 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

I think the price is just high IN EUROPE, and will lower itself in time. The card came out two days ago, damn it. Calm your tits.

37 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

For comparison:

GTX 1070:

Price in the US: 450 dollars

Price in Sweden: 4600 SEK

RX 480:

Price in the US: 240 dollars

Price in Sweden: 3000 SEK

GTX 970:

Price in the US: 270 dollars

Price in Sweden: 2700 SEK

R9 390X:

Price in the US: 310 dollars

Price in Sweden: 3200 SEK

GTX 1080:

Price in the US: 700 dollars

Price in Sweden: 7100 SEK

So in sweden there is no reason to get a 480 at all for a while since it's $360 while a 970 is like $320, interesting, say does a 390 go for 2700-3000 SEK over there.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

"MUCH FASTER THAN AN RX480" ..yeah probs legit right there

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

10 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

So in sweden there is no reason to get a 480 at all for a while since it's $360 while a 970 is like $320, interesting, say does a 390 go for 2700-3000 SEK over there.

Except for 4GBs of VRAM and DX12?

2 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

So in sweden there is no reason to get a 480 at all for a while since it's $360 while a 970 is like $320, interesting, say does a 390 go for 2800-3000 SEK over there.

The R9 390 Nitro goes for 2600 SEK.

So about 50 dollars less than the RX 480.

Do you see why I am upset over the RX 480 price? It seems like it's the same deal in other European countries as well.

17 minutes ago, FatalityDiablo said:

"MUCH FASTER THAN AN RX480" ..yeah probs legit right there

My guess is that it's about as legit as this slide:

Totally Legitimate Comparsion of the number 480 vs 1060.png

6 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

The R9 390 Nitro goes for 2600 SEK.

So about 50 dollars less than the RX 480.

Do you see why I am upset over the RX 480 price? It seems like it's the same deal in other European countries as well.

My guess is that it's about as legit as this slide:

Totally Legitimate Comparsion of the number 480 vs 1060.png

Pay someone in the America's to buy it for you and have them ship it over. Actually, would that be cheaper than what it is in Sweden?

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Pay someone in the America's to buy it for you and have them ship it over. Actually, would that be cheaper than what it is in Sweden?

Well I would still have to pay the VAT and import tax, but possibly yes.

But there are a lot of other things that makes me disappointed by the RX 480 (link to list) so I won't get it even if the price was normal.

Well, if the 1060 is somehow better priced and better performing than the RX480, then, good job nVidia.  Step by step closer to running AMD in to Intel's arms, and I am okay with that.

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Well I would still have to pay the VAT and import tax, but possibly yes.

But there are a lot of other things that makes me disappointed by the RX 480 (link to list) so I won't get it even if the price was normal.

• Performs worse than expected. Was expecting between the 390 and 390X, and we get below 390 performance.
  • Horrible price. Right now it's about 70 USD more than the GTX 970 in Sweden, which performs better. I don't know if it's AMD or their European distributor, but one of the two are to blame because the prices are horrible all throughout Europe. Neither AMD's other cards, nor Nvidia cards sees anywhere near this level of disparity in prices compared to the US.
  • Loud as a vacccuum cleaner. Almost twice as loud as the 390 Nitro.
  • Efficiency is terrible for a 14nm card. It just barely matches the GTX 970 which is 1.5 years old and uses 28nm transistors.
  • Does not follow the PCIe specification for power usage. If you use a cheaper motherboard you will get audio interference, and possibly risk killing your motherboard in the long run.
  • Shit at overclocking. Expect ~5%.
  • Doesn't support VP9 in hardware. Great job on that new video codec block AMD... Too bad you forgot about possibly the biggest and most important codec right now.
  • Runs hot as fuck.

Using this as a reference so I don't have to keep switching back and forth. From the benchmarks I saw and what I've heard, it bounces between the 970 and Nano performance wise, make of that what you will. Aftermarket cooler would most likely fix the noise and temp. issue, because ref. coolers don't have a great history in the first place, and AIB might possibly fix the power issue. As for the 14nm card, when compared to Pascal. 2* performance per watt was to the respective company's last line up. A card with 390~ performance, as of now, and pretty sweet DX12 support, sounds pretty good to me, and is pretty in line with the 2*performance per watt figure expected from the node shrink. The rest I either don't know enough about, or I don't own a crystal ball to tell me how prices might end up.

11 hours ago, gilang01 said:

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1060-vs-Radeon-RX-480-performance-1.jpg

xDxDxD Yeah I call bullshit on that marketing claim! xDxDxD

My two cents: Wait 'till the benchmarks and testing to come from third parties to prove/disprove this rhetorical claim Nvidia is making.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

I find it funny how everyone was sucking the RX 480's dick when it first was being talked about but now that NVIDIA is releasing some numbers that favor their GPU I'm finally hearing "wait for the benchmarks".

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

2 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

I find it funny how everyone was sucking the RX 480's dick when it first was being talked about but now that NVIDIA is releasing some numbers that favor their GPU I'm finally hearing "wait for the benchmarks".

Most people I saw were saying wait for 480 benchmarks before buying... 

6 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Most people I saw were saying wait for 480 benchmarks before buying... 

On here there were literally DOZENS of people on here (and reddit) asking about and recommending the RX 480 days before its release.

EDIT: Meanwhile I was telling people to wait because NVIDIA is going to counteract with the GTX 1060 with similar performance starting a price war.

People are definitely biased towards AMD on this site, because NVIDIA is an noncompetitive corporation aka "The Devil" along with Intel, meanwhile AMD is the underdog.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

6 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

On here there were literally DOZENS of people on here (and reddit) asking about and recommending the RX 480 days before its release.

People are definitely biased towards AMD on this site, because NVIDIA is an noncompetitive corporation aka "The Devil" along with Intel, meanwhile AMD is the underdog.

Was on the site then as well, I saw a pretty decent chunk saying wait the day for actual benchmarks before deciding anything.

3 hours ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

It depends on which company screwed the pooch most recently. When the 970 3.5GB fiasco was unfolding, there were an insane amount of people on this forum arguing against logic and fact for days, defending the 970 because they had all bought one. In truth this forum has been strongly pro-nvidia for a couple years at least.

However, there was a large number of people who drank the polaris cool-aid earlier this year, and were frothing at the mouth by the time the 480 was announced at computex. Those of us that are capable of mental math calculated a single 480's performance by dividing the computex crossfire results by AMD's claim of 1.83x scaling, which gave a single 480 in "Ashes 1080p crazy" an average framerate of 35FPS (while a single furyX is around 52FPS, and 390 around 38FPS). Now that the embargo is lifted, that performance extrapolation was bang on.

By the time computex rolled around though, people who were charmed into the polaris dream couldn't help themselves and were eager to throw their money at AMD for something new and exciting. People are fascinated and excited about unknown possibilities. No matter how much logic you threw at them, it was "wait for drivers", "wait for benchmarks", "wait for stable bios" and so on. The level of denial over 480 performance was worse than I've ever seen for any video card. Even over on AMD reddit, the denial is still in full swing.

tl;dr - we're not dealing with a biased forum. its just a sizable group of people that have bought a 480 or plan to, and the rest of us are just asshats trying to ruin their excitement. Once the 1060 launches, the pendulum will swing the other way pretty fast, especially if there's any controversy.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

defending the 970 because they had all bought one. In truth this forum has been strongly pro-nvidia for a couple years at least.

^This part. They'd literally try to shame you for even thinking about being upset with the 970. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I really think price is important for the card. Too much and it'll make AMD even more attractive to people.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

6 minutes ago, Albatross said:

I really think price is important for the card. Too much and it'll make AMD even more attractive to people.

Yeah that's quite important. Even if it ends up more expensive (up to $300), if it blows the RX 480 out of the water, then Nvidia's got the midrange market in their pockets now. Right now as it stands, AMD is King of the Midrange market.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440