GTX 1060 leak (TAKE WITH A TRUCKLOAD OF SALT)

For all we know literally everything in this "leak" is wither inaccurate, and/or fake.  Interesting that they're comparing to the 480 though.  That's definitely something nvidia needs to do (respond to it)...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just found this pic..(it's fake) xDxDget.jpg 

Waddup..

Current PC SPECS

Spoiler

CPUAMD Ryzen 5 1600  MOBO: MSI B350M Mortar GPU:Zotac GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Mini RAM: Kingston Fury DDR4 2400Mhz Power Supply: FSP Raider 550w 80+ Silver  Storage: 3TB (2 x 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD, 1TB External HDD) CaseCooler Master.... IDK what model..

1 minute ago, zniv1216 said:

Just found this pic..(it's fake) xDxD 

Yeah we laugh but seriously, keep an eye out for graphs like that - you wouldn't believe how common they actually are in official publications from professional companies.  I've noticed them a lot particularly on MSI laptop pages, but I'm sure they're not alone.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

15 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yeah we laugh but seriously, keep an eye out for graphs like that - you wouldn't believe how common they actually are in official publications from professional companies.  I've noticed them a lot particularly on MSI laptop pages, but I'm sure they're not alone.

Yes sir, and I thought wccftech was gonna fuck up the 1060 leak..

Waddup..

Current PC SPECS

Spoiler

CPUAMD Ryzen 5 1600  MOBO: MSI B350M Mortar GPU:Zotac GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Mini RAM: Kingston Fury DDR4 2400Mhz Power Supply: FSP Raider 550w 80+ Silver  Storage: 3TB (2 x 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD, 1TB External HDD) CaseCooler Master.... IDK what model..

Hey everyone!

I've got updated graphs from nVidia press release slides:

Mj6a8vs.png

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

you mean like these:

1463834847618.jpg

source: http://rog.asus.com/23312016/

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

On 1.7.2016 at 1:00 PM, Deli said:

Oh, I forget. Nvidia will play the same trick MSRP $249, with Founder's Edition $329... :)

What trick are you talking about?

9 hours ago, Senzelian said:

What trick are you talking about?

Where they don't put one of the axis at 0.  It allows them to greatly exaggerate minor differences between different products, which can be useful for seeing those differences if, for some reason, you want to distinguish between 16100 and 16300, but when stacking cards up against each other for the purpose of showing that card B is X times faster than card A, this is NOT the right type of chart to use, since obviously, what people want to get out of that is a comparison of relative magnitudes and not a detailed showing of the top tips of the bars.

10 hours ago, DXMember said:

Hey everyone!

I've got updated graphs from nVidia press release slides:

Mj6a8vs.png

lol that actually does look totally official xD 

In case anyone wants a "useful"* chart, I've made one below that represents the data properly

*Note, could still be useless, since we have no idea if these numbers are even true, which they probably aren't.

Untitled.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

lol that actually does look totally official xD 

In case anyone wants a "useful"* chart, I've made one below that represents the data properly

*Note, could still be useless, since we have no idea if these numbers are even true, which they probably aren't.

Untitled.jpg

The power efficiency one is probably accurate. performance is a guessing game for now.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

15 hours ago, JurunceNK said:

Yeah that's quite important. Even if it ends up more expensive (up to $300), if it blows the RX 480 out of the water, then Nvidia's got the midrange market in their pockets now. Right now as it stands, AMD is King of the Midrange market.

As it stands I don't trust nvidia to get the mid range market since they obviously have problems producing enough cards for the 1080 and the 1070, so if they want to get the mid range market they need volume...

13 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

The power efficiency one is probably accurate. performance is a guessing game for now.

Never believe marketing, we learned that with previous cards from both nvidia and amd :)

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

what do you base the power efficiency without power and performance? Magic 8-ball?

magic-8-ball-outlook-good-smaller.jpg

21 minutes ago, DXMember said:

what do you base the power efficiency without power and performance? Magic 8-ball?

The 1070 and 1080 are about 70% more efficient than the RX 480.

It's not really a wild guess to say that the GTX 1060 will be 40% more efficient since the 1060 will probably be the same manufacturing process and architecture.

Of course we don't know how efficient it will be, but we can guess.

1 hour ago, laminutederire said:

Never believe marketing, we learned that with previous cards from both nvidia and amd :)

I think its a fair assumption this time around that the 1060 will be far more efficient than the 480.

The 480 draws more power than the 1070 (stock vs. stock at least, 1070 has more OC headroom)

Spoiler

power_average.png

The 1070 is relatively 150% faster than a 480 (stock vs. stock)

Spoiler

perfrel_1920_1080.png

There is no way in hell the 480 will even be in the same efficiency class as the 1060, given the evidence at hand. The 1060 would have to be equal to a 1080 in performance for that to happen (which illustrates just how efficient the 1060 should actually be).

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

4 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I think its a fair assumption this time around that the 1060 will be far more efficient than the 480.

The 480 draws more power than the 1070 (stock vs. stock at least, 1070 has more OC headroom)

Hide contents

power_average.png

Hide contents

perfrel_1920_1080.png

4 minutes ago, awesomeness10120 said:

The 1070 is not 150% faster than the 480, only 50%. At a 100% higher price.

whatever, 150% of the performance of a 480 (stock vs. stock) is what I meant.

Still, it proves without much doubt just how efficient the 1060 should be compared to the power starved 480.

20 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Reveal hidden contents

power_average.png

Reveal hidden contents

perfrel_1920_1080.png

There is no way in hell the 480 will even be in the same efficiency class as the 1060, given the evidence at hand. The 1060 would have to be equal to a 1080 in performance for that to happen (which illustrates just how efficient the 1060 should actually be).

Efficiency wise I agree, even if you have to admit that AMD did make a leap forward from the previous series :)

However the big issue of nvidia is the supply and to have a mainstream card you need stock and you need to be not too expensive. (Even with the 1060, nvidia has no response to the 470 and 460 which are made for people who don't care or can't afford à beefy gpu.)

Anyway, I was just saying to be careful with marketing, look at those graphs, tech manufacturers of that so often they can't be seen as trustworthy on everything :P

2 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Efficiency wise I agree, even if you have to admit that AMD did make a leap forward from the previous series :)

However the big issue of nvidia is the supply and to have a mainstream card you need stock and you need to be not too expensive. (Even with the 1060, nvidia has no response to the 470 and 460 which are made for people who don't care or can't afford à beefy gpu.)

Anyway, I was just saying to be careful with marketing, look at those graphs, tech manufacturers of that so often they can't be seen as trustworthy on everything :P

I agree, a lot of marketing numbers are about as accurate as (or are based off) CEO math. In this case though the real math is pretty hard to refute for the efficiency estimate.

2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I agree, a lot of marketing numbers are about as accurate as (or are based off) CEO math. In this case though the real math is pretty hard to refute for the efficiency estimate.

Of course. The performance are quite ridiculous though. I'm not saying it's not true but:

We just begin to discover the power of the rx 480, it's pretty hard for them to compare performances like that out of the blue. We have an order of magnitude of the card abilities but it's pretty hard to say yeah its 10% better.

We'll see ! Any date yet?

9 hours ago, LAwLz said:

The 1070 and 1080 are about 70% more efficient than the RX 480.

It's not really a wild guess to say that the GTX 1060 will be 40% more efficient since the 1060 will probably be the same manufacturing process and architecture.

Of course we don't know how efficient it will be, but we can guess.

latest?cb=20110722074817

39 minutes ago, DXMember said:

latest?cb=20110722074817

So you do not think the 1060 will be 40% more efficient than the RX 480? I wouldn't be surprised if it is even higher than that, since the other cards with the same architecture and manufacturing process are much higher than that. 

We will see.