GTX 1060 leak (TAKE WITH A TRUCKLOAD OF SALT)

Nvidia would never price the 1060 below $250. That would create a massive gap between the 1060 and 1070. This graph is just sooooo full of shit it's not even funny.

AMD: We're looking to take back marketshare by releasing mainstream first.

**480 launches and is immediately out of stock with 1-2 week backorders**

Nvidia: Nope.

f8d.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

4 hours ago, ModuleLFS said:

man I'm getting tired of gpus...

Specifically this year? Yeah same, because the camp that will praise this card for whatever reason has been salty af. Especially towards one brand over something that is being fixed, and something that wasn't intended. I mean not saying the otherside is any better but I mean ffs. 

That graph means nothing until there are actual reviews of it since to the public the card doesn't exist. It will likely also cost about $100 more than the 480 so eh.

Not using names because I think you can probably put names where they belong. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

If GTX1060 is priced the same as the RX480, then AMD is truly fucked.

After the PCI-E bullshit that's going on now, I no longer feel sorry for AMD. I am an nVidia user but I really would love it

if AMD were competing again and start getting their shit together and gain marketshare again.

They were overhyping and I was really excited about it, although I won't go from 780 to RX480 but still.

Even on 14nm AMD still can't their shit together with power efficiency.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

6 hours ago, Goodman2265 said:

No idc about price. Ive been loyal to AMD since the Athlon 64 days

I will always be team red, Close place to my heart

What about after they file for bankruptcy because of the legal snafu they are about to get into? Will you be team DEAD? hahahahaha sorry I'm terrible. JKJK

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

14 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

After the PCI-E bullshit that's going on now, I no longer feel sorry for AMD. I am an nVidia user but I really would love it

if AMD were competing again and start getting their shit together and gain marketshare again.

They were overhyping and I was really excited about it, although I won't go from 780 to RX480 but still.

Isnt maxwell more power efficient because it lacks a lot of async compute units?

I'm just hoping they won't fuck up the price in Sweden like AMD did. 

GTX 970 performance for the equivalence of 350 USD here in Sweden and I will buy it in a heartbeat (granted there is no catastrophic failure related to some non-performance aspect of the card). 

Or well... I will most likely wait for some aftermarket coolers because I don't want a jet engine in my case. 

I am trying to not get my hopes up since I got so disappointed by the RX 480.

Please Nvidia, don't fuck this up. I want to replace my 7850 ASAP. 

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Isnt maxwell more power efficient because it lacks a lot of async compute units?

I don't know. DX12 hasn't been matured yet.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Cool, will wait for benchmarks and price though - with the current trend this could be 400$

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

16 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I'm just hoping they won't fuck up the price in Sweden like AMD did. 

AMD didn't "fuck up" any pricing. AMD does not sell the cards. It's called a "Manufacturer SUGGESTED Retail Price," not a "we will sell it for this much- price." I'm just guessing- but maybe it's just 'cause it's much more expensive to be a vendor in Sweden (kinda like it is in Australia) compared to North America. That bumps up the price quite a bit.

I used to be quite active here.

28 minutes ago, zMeul said:

@Starelementpoke remember our GTX1060 discussion based on my expectations?

it's getting there :P

$300 MSRP. While I won't doubt that the 1060 will be on par with the 970 at the least, you'd have to be crazy to buy one for whatever they charge for the ref. cards. 

36 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Your thinking about the 2* performance per watt wrong. You have to compare it to the respective company's last product, not the competition's. Taking the TDP, which I'm aware of the fiasco, using it for this example, of 150 watts, and with the 480 being about on par with the 390, they achieved quite a bit of power efficiency, considering the fact that the TDP of the 390 was 275 watts. Also, they just said it needed a 6pin, everyone else was who overhyped it. (I.E "Leaks" and such.)

OK, that's just too much BS.

CPU i5 6600k @ 4.6GHz GPU MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G RAM 8 x 2gb DDR4-2800MHz Avexir RAM Mother Board ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Case NZXT H440 PSU Cooler Master v750 750W Storage WD 1TB Blue + Samsung 950 pro 128gb m.2 pci-e SSD Cooler Corsair H110i GTX

Monitor BenQ BL2420PT 24" 1440p 60Hz

1 minute ago, KillDog said:

OK, that's just too much BS.

What specifically? The graphs, 1060, or a previous post?

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

What specifically? The graphs, 1060, or a previous post?

The last graph :')

CPU i5 6600k @ 4.6GHz GPU MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G RAM 8 x 2gb DDR4-2800MHz Avexir RAM Mother Board ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Case NZXT H440 PSU Cooler Master v750 750W Storage WD 1TB Blue + Samsung 950 pro 128gb m.2 pci-e SSD Cooler Corsair H110i GTX

4 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Ah, yeah.  Already called that on it.

Plus after seeing how the 480 went, better not to be on any team's side and not see any leaks regarding their upcoming cards.

14 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

$300 MSRP. While I won't doubt that the 1060 will be on par with the 970 at the least, you'd have to be crazy to buy one for whatever they charge for the ref. cards.

RX480 here is ~350$ - I'm not joking

it's actually cheaper to buy a custom GTX970 

RIP in peace...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

RX480 here is ~350$ - I'm not joking

it's actually cheaper to buy a custom GTX970 

I blame import taxes and customs. Is the 1070 and 1080 price there ridiculous too? Because then you're probably going to see an even more ridiculous price on the 1060.

One Truckload of salt acquired, where do I collect one my GTX 1060 for testing. :)

Picture-of-18-Wheel-Truck-Delivery-Rock-Salt-and-Ice-Melt-in-NY1.jpg

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

1 minute ago, Kierax said:

One Truckload of salt acquired, where do I collect one my GTX 1060 for testing. :)

Picture-of-18-Wheel-Truck-Delivery-Rock-Salt-and-Ice-Melt-in-NY1.jpg

That looks more like sand or ground stone.

4 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

I blame import taxes and customs. Is the 1070 and 1080 price there ridiculous too? Because then you're probably going to see an even more ridiculous price on the 1060.

GTX1080 is ~1000$ and GTX1070 is little less than 600$ - FE

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

GTX1080 is ~1000$ and GTX1070 is little less than 600$

So yes?