Are you tired of the miserable 30fps on Consoles? Cos the next PS4K and Xbox Scorpio will still be 30fps....

AlTech
9 minutes ago, themctipers said:

quite sad.

no it isnt. for the price. being able to play 4k 30fps at £400 is impressive.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

1 minute ago, marldorthegreat said:

no it isnt. for the price. being able to play 4k 30fps at £400 is impressive.

with APU's.

I don't even think most games will use 4k. Shouldn't 1080/60 be a bigger priority than 4k/30?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

This is not how I interpreted they'd utilize this new hardware.... I am disappointed. I have no reason to get the new Xbox other than to get it because its smaller and it'll free up space on my desk....

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

When I saw the green text I thought an adware had snuck into my computer :P

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

If the Xbox Scorpia is 6TFlops will it be more powerful then most PCs? Then how much will it cost? The 980/390x don;t even have 6Tflops. Or is that Tflops including CPU?

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

44 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

If the Xbox Scorpia is 6TFlops will it be more powerful then most PCs? Then how much will it cost? The 980/390x don;t even have 6Tflops. Or is that Tflops including CPU?

The CPU wouldn't contribute much.This is most likely due to the 14nm process at work and AMD's willingness to work with/bend over for their customers.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

38 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

The CPU wouldn't contribute much.This is most likely due to the 14nm process at work and AMD's willingness to work with/bend over for their customers.

So it's basically a fury?

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

So it's basically a fury?

Minus the HBM, it's probable. If a 28nm Fury can be crammed inside the Nano, it certainly isn't unfeasible that the 14nm variant can fit comfortably in a console form factor.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 minute ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Minus the HBM, it's probable. If a 28nm Fury can be crammed inside the Nano, it certainly isn't unfeasible that the 14nm variant can fit comfortably in a console form factor.

Shit, consoles are going to be more powerful then my PC...... Guess it's the 1070 then. RIP 480

Spoiler

AXIOM

I think you still see a lot more games at 4k and 60fps with dynamic resolution scaling as seen in Halo 5 or Doom. Racing games like Forza will also be 4k 60fps.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

18 hours ago, MilkJugg24 said:

I don't think they understand exactly how powerful and expensive the hardware needs to be in order to do 4K gaming.

The games will probably be at 4K in the UI, but will more than likely use heavy downscaling and some crazy anti-aliasing methods to make it not seem shitty.

The console will be closer to a grand if they want to do what they're saying...

I feel like the console wars being in 4K instead of 1080p 60fps is just stupid. 

This is what I said in a status update yesterday. Ppl mentioned to me that the new consoles were supposed to be for 4k and I asked myself...

When did they ever get passed 1080p60... 

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I haven't noticed anyone point this out yet, but if they can push UHD at 30 fps, then 1080p at 60fps+ should be a drop in the bucket. 

Who's to say that 1080p games will still be capped at 30fps? I dont believe its stated anywhere.

Honestly, it's the game devs responsibility to optimize and balance their gameplay. They should offer an in game option to choose between UHD 30fps and 1080p/1440p at 60fps. 

That way it pleases everyone.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Console gamers don't care about framerate for the most part, they only care about eye candy. If they cared about 60fp+ gaming then they would be playing on PC. The new consoles will be delivering exactly what the last ones did, looks over performance and that's exactly what console gamers want. The only bad part about this 4k on consoles thing is that it will make console gamers even more insufferable when it comes to the console v pc argument because they'll constantly flout the whole 4k thing like it's impressive that they sacrificed gameplay to get more pixels.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

wtf 4k? but why it wouldnt make as much difference as increasing detail or fps

31 minutes ago, ionbasa said:

I haven't noticed anyone point this out yet, but if they can push UHD at 30 fps, then 1080p at 60fps+ should be a drop in the bucket. 

Who's to say that 1080p games will still be capped at 30fps? I dont believe its stated anywhere.

Honestly, it's the game devs responsibility to optimize and balance their gameplay. They should offer an in game option to choose between UHD 30fps and 1080p/1440p at 60fps. 

That way it pleases everyone.

knowing them probably wont and phil said in an interview that if you dont have a 4k TV there is no reason to get the scorpio and at first my reaction is wtf of course there is wouldn't they increase the settings and framerate? but apparently he is serious and there is no reason to

i can do 4k @120 fps, what's your point ?

Spoiler

just dota 2

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

17 hours ago, Arokhantos said:

the ps4 neo is nothing more then a overclocked ps4, can't they just rollout an update and overclock the ps4 ? :|

The CPU is OCd yes, but the GPU part will be new, going together from 1 to 4 teraflops of performance. No OC can achieve that. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Bump

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I honestly hope that drop in sales will kick them back. I'd by much happier to see a 1080p60fps console than a 4k one. Apart from the stupidly high 4K requirements, game optimization needs to take place from devs (yes Ubisoft, I'm looking at you) as the textures will look awful in 4K if not done properly... Just... just a bloody waste of idea. 4K is not yet that "mainstream" on the PC so why get consoles aboard if they have not got to 60fps in 1080p??

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/