Most Game developers are sexist? Apparently yes.....

AlTech
3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

-snip-

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

They're also business at play..........

If you put a guy on the main character for a PC game, generally speaking most guys who are PC gamers would consider buying it.

If it had a women on the front, most PC gamers who are guys would not buy it.

Yeah, right. Games like Tomb Raider are not selling well at all. xD

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

If you put a guy on the main character for a PC game, generally speaking most guys who are PC gamers would consider buying it.

Is that why games like the tomb raider reboot and rottr sold so little?  Oh wait... 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Are you for real? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 minute ago, Pandalf said:

Yeah, right. Games like Tomb Raider are not selling well at all. xD

Those are the minority.

1 minute ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Is that why games like the tomb raider reboot and rottr sold so little?  Oh wait... 

Again, most games feature male main characters.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, Pohernori said:

Are you for real? 

Did you think I was some AI bot? /jk 

Of course i'm real!

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

One thing's for sure she's an excellent politician. She tells the truth but twists it so well that people don't notice the whole truth but only the part she wants you to latch onto so you can grab your pitchforks. 

Oh and look at this sexist game. It's only allowing the female protagonist to die like women need to rely on men to survive:

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Did you think I was some AI bot? /jk 

Of course i'm real!

Yea ya sly boi, you're just fuckin with us xD 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I remember hearing a long long time ago a game site complaining that Oddworld Abe's Odyssey is sexist because there are no female characters at all, when , in fact, the world of Oddworld is asexual. 

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Those are the minority.

The minority? Ok, sure. xD A lot of people are definitely not playing female MMO characters. Nope, not at all.

What do you suggest? Developers bringing two versions of the same game, with an altered story, different assets and all that, just because of all those SJWs?!xD

That's definitely not going to happen, no matter how "many" people keep calling developers sexist.

You must be definitely trolling and made this topic to create a pointless shitfest... or you are just a sjw.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Those are the minority.

Just because most feature a male character as the main lead does not mean they are sexist nor does it mean the male players are. What is sexist (and wrong) is forcing someone to change their lead to a certain gender just to please people.

Let us women fight our own battles. Don't invent problems where they don't exist and we certainly don't need wanna be white knights. They are only attractive in old eroticas/romances. In real life they are just annoying.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

25 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Don't know what you're talking about, but every guy I know, myself included,  wants to play Tomb Raider because bewbs xD and the gameplay is actually good, but bewbs.

The most important stat I see in that article is that 49% of games offer you a choice between a female or male protagonist.

Edit: I also can't tell from the article, but are all games counted towards this stat? Or only new franchises? The reason I ask this is because it would be pretty silly to have a God of War game with a female protagonist when Kratos isn't dead.

22 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

the what?

ummm....

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

9 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Just because most feature a male character as the main lead does not mean they are sexist nor does it mean the male players are. What is sexist (and wrong) is forcing someone to change their lead to a certain gender just to please people.

Let us women fight our own battles. Don't invent problems where they don't exist and we certainly don't need wanna be white knights. They are only attractive in old eroticas/romances. In real life they are just annoying.

M'lady

*tips fedora*

*rubs neckbeard*

Surely you need to be protected from all evils and adversity in this world because you're a delicate little flower. 

32 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I legitimately want to hear more about this. Have you heard of anyone actually saying they didn't want to buy a game because the main is a different gender?

Do you have anything to show that could even hint at this?

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I mean... is this really surprising? or does any non-feminist care? No. This has been happening for years.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, UnknownEngineer said:

I legitimately want to hear more about this. Have you heard of anyone actually saying they didn't want to buy a game because the main is a different gender?

Do you have anything to show that could even hint at this?

I can find out..........

11 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

M'lady

*tips fedora*

*rubs neckbeard*

Surely you need to be protected from all evils and adversity in this world because you're a delicate little flower. 

LMAO :D

9_9

perfect representation of feminists

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

43 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Game Producers might argue that some games are better suited to having a women as the main character.

Yes, and...? What is your point?

Got any examples of games where a female protagonist would be better than a male protagonist, and how many of those games were at E3? Also, if you want to go down that path then I will argue the same but for men. A lot of the games with male-only protagonists were FPS games such as Battlefield One and COD. Men are better suited for war than women (for biology reasons, not sexist reasons) and a huge portion of the gaming market is FPS games.

So game producers can argue about games being better suited to have a protagonist with a specific gender all they want, but that's an argument that justifies the current ratio (which is more male exclusive protagonists).

40 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Most games at E3 allows you to choose between a male or female character, or does not have a gender at all.

46 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Is that something you are assuming, or is there actual evidence to support that statement?

It sounds like something that would be really hard to research since there are so many other factors at play which are unrelated to the gender of the protagonist.

Tbh i prefer to play with a female character, if i have to look at an ass for hours it can be at least a nice one...

Anyway, usually mods fix this issue sooo yea... It would be nice to have at least a choise but whatever :D

I'm a straight guy, just to make that clear.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

Excuse me??????!!!!!!!!

I think we have bigger problems than "how many women are protagonists in video games", e.g. trump, terrorism, refugees, ... .

I don't want to say that this is good or bad, because most times, the protagonists most times are quite brutal and this only draws a good image of women, that they are not brutal and rude and so on.

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

1 minute ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

I think we have bigger problems than "how many women are protagonists in video games", e.g. trump, terrorism, refugees, ... .

I don't want to say that this is good or bad, because most times, the protagonists are quite brutal and this only draws a good image of women, that they are not brutal and rude and so on.

That's because the media has taught you that women are always polite.

If Rockstar made GTA 5 Remastered edition with a women instead of Trevor but with the same script and story, you would think differently.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

That's because the media has taught you that women are always polite.

If Rockstar made GTA 5 Remastered edition with a women instead of Trevor but with the same script and story, you would think differently.

that's not what the media taught me, that's my personal experience. 95% of the women i met in my life were much more polite and not that big of an asshole than most male i've met.

And for sure there are women out there that are assholes and brutal and so on, but there are way more males that are just bigger assholes. Or is there an female equivalent of donald trump I missed?

And one thing for sure: If Rockstar made a female Trevor, feminists would shoot through the roof and wanting Rockstar to stop selling the game

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

2 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

that's not what the media taught me, that's my personal experience. 95% of the women i met in my life were much more polite and not that big of an asshole than most male i've met.

And for sure there are women out there that are assholes and brutal and so on, but there are way more males that are just bigger assholes. Or is there an female equivalent of donald trump I missed?

And one thing for sure: If Rockstar made a female Trevor, feminists would shoot through the roof and wanting Rockstar to stop selling the game

Well I mean Hilary is the female equivalent of Donald trump...