Most Game developers are sexist? Apparently yes.....

AlTech

The company who started this entire mess, Nintendo of America.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

There was a time that church-goer right wingers would bash video games for creating a violent culture in society. Now we live in a time that the regressive left bash video games for not having enough feminism.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Another delicate snowflake spreads their sjw nonsense. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

"This massive discrepancy means that for now, games continue to reinforce the deeply entrenched cultural notion that heroes are male by default. We live in a culture that regularly encourages girls and women to project themselves onto and fully empathize with male characters, but rarely encourages boys and men to fully project themselves onto female characters," Feminist Frequency's post reads. "When players are encouraged to see a game universe exclusively through the eyes of a humanized female character, it helps challenge the idea that men can’t or shouldn’t identify with women as full human beings."

Only a woman could say this, seriously, not being sexist at all. 

All Men realise that Men love playing as girls in games, heck the phrase Many Men Online Roleplaying As Girls has been around since the 90s.

Its not Men they need to be angry at, it's the idiotic executives who believe girls don't sell games and refuse to allow female protagonists in games (or movies too, though not nearly as bad) because they think it won't sell. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Omon_Ra said:

That brings up an interesting point that relates to a lot of 'under-represented' groups in other forms of media; the one that springs to my mind is the 'white Oscars' and the general 'whiteness' of Hollywood. If you replace most of the leading white, male characters with either a woman or person of minority, their entire 'motivation' will be attributed to the fight against the discrimination towards their minority group. Whether or not that is the director's intention or not, that connection WILL be made; after all, most of film analysis is deeply rooted in post-modern philosophies. For some reason the mere fact a minority is chosen as a role immediately casts them as fighting for that minority group, and not as an individual reacting to the situations presented to them.

Look at 'Finding Nemo,' if Nemo was framed as an 'African-American' or female fish; 'You think you can do these things, but you just can't!' would take on an entirely different meaning than the assumption that Nemo is a 'white, male' fish. This whole issue is akin to minorities demanding equality; yet special treatment for being a minority. That isn't equality. Just like someone can't help being born as Asian, African, female, etc, someone can't help being born white and male.

*Removing the pic from your post makes it seem almost inappropriate*..xD

LOL, your right it does look inappropriate xD

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

33 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

All Men realise that Men love playing as girls in games, heck the phrase Many Men Online Roleplaying As Girls has been around since the 90s.

Reminds me of episode 1 of Sword Art Online. Everyone has their online avatar get transformed from the character they created, to how they actually look in real life.

Before:

Spoiler

Before.jpg

After:

Spoiler

After.jpg

1 hour ago, Omon_Ra said:

That brings up an interesting point that relates to a lot of 'under-represented' groups in other forms of media; the one that springs to my mind is the 'white Oscars' and the general 'whiteness' of Hollywood. If you replace most of the leading white, male characters with either a woman or person of minority, their entire 'motivation' will be attributed to the fight against the discrimination towards their minority group. Whether or not that is the director's intention or not, that connection WILL be made; after all, most of film analysis is deeply rooted in post-modern philosophies. For some reason the mere fact a minority is chosen as a role immediately casts them as fighting for that minority group, and not as an individual reacting to the situations presented to them.

Look at 'Finding Nemo,' if Nemo was framed as an 'African-American' or female fish; 'You think you can do these things, but you just can't!' would take on an entirely different meaning than the assumption that Nemo is a 'white, male' fish. This whole issue is akin to minorities demanding equality; yet special treatment for being a minority. That isn't equality. Just like someone can't help being born as Asian, African, female, etc, someone can't help being born white and male.

*Removing the pic from your post makes it seem almost inappropriate*..xD

Mhm. People who know nothing about Hollywood or want to make themselves look "good" love to spout stuff like "Hollywood is racist" and "Hollywood is sexist". Is there some of that in Hollywood? Of course. However,  it's mostly about money. Studios bank on actors (male or female) that make them money. They go with what has historically worked and what they feel has the most chance of success. It's the same with big game studios. People need to understand the reasons why before yelling about discrimination.

I also just remembered when the feminazi pain train hopped on The Witcher 3 for being "oppressively misogynist". Like...seriously?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Do you guys remember when some people were complaining about the "rapey" nature of Game of Thrones? Some critics at the time argued that George R.R. Martin included rape to titillate, not to show how dark and gritty Westeros was. They responded to the argument that this was a genuine attempt to show how bad things were for women in Medieval times by saying “Well it’s fantasy so that’s just sexist.”

And that's just...wrong. Fiction is supposed to highlight real world issues; rape is a real world issue. Sexism is something women actually confront in their jobs, at home. Why is it off limits to actually address that with fantasy fiction? It’s not. Art is not supposed to serve a political agenda. That’s what propaganda is for. Art does and should deal with real world issues, make us think, challenge us; what it shouldn’t do is simply confirm our biases.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Oh my fucking christ, no.

Feminism, man. The original concept is fine, these fucking whales that call their stupid ass thoughts "feminism" is not.

I think the name is pretty self-explanatory.

"Feminism".

Not "Gender equality".

1 minute ago, Nineshadow said:

I think the name is pretty self-explanatory.

"Feminism".

Not "Gender equality".

The point on feminism is to show equality, not to fucking eclipse the point of equality.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

6 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

The point on feminism is to show equality, not to fucking eclipse the point of equality.

That hasn't been the case for years. Mostly because we have equality in the west, equality of opportunity and equal rights. What the vast majority of modern feminists want is Female superiority at this point by advocating for equality of outcome and forcefully make things worst for men and better for women with things like demanding female and race quotas, affirmative action, etc.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

That hasn't been the case for years. Mostly because we have equality in the west, equality of opportunity and equal rights. What the vast majority of modern feminists want is Female superiority at this point by advocating for equality of outcome and forcefully make things worst for men and better for women with things like demanding female and race quotas, affirmative action, etc.

I probably should have put "was" instead of "is".

Modern "feminism" is fucking retarded, however, and I completely acknowledge that.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, Derangel said:

People who know nothing about Hollywood or want to make themselves look "good" love to spout stuff like "Hollywood is racist" and "Hollywood is sexist". Is there some of that in Hollywood? Of course.

One of the craziest things that I learned in film school is that film is inherently 'racist.' Because the majority of actors/models being photographed in the early development of film were white people, the emulsions and chemical compositions were engineered to best suit the way light reacts to a white person's face. If you watch early films with black people in them, they're basically floating eyes; even to this day shooting scenes with a very light skinned person and a very dark skinned person can be challenging to get the exposure right. Granted, with digital color grading and such now, it's less of an issue; but the fact is digital sensors were built to replicate film, so the 'whiteness' continues. On this basis, some argue that no matter what, all movies are through the 'white man's eye' and can never be separated from the voyeuristic nature that has always been associated with cameras. This whole 'female exploitation' is nothing new; look up the 'male gaze' and early Hollywood films. Video games could be argued as a new level 'male gaze' as you aren't held captive to the director's decisions of what you see and for how long.

1 minute ago, Nineshadow said:

Art is not supposed to serve a political agenda. That’s what propaganda is for. Art does and should deal with real world issues, make us think, challenge us; what it shouldn’t do is simply confirm our biases.

I tend to disagree with that, some of the best art has come out of political agendas. Look at Picasso's 'Bombing of Guernica,' Eisenstein and Vertov's Soviet propaganda films, Ai Weiwei's works, etc. Political agendas are real world issues that need to be challenged, and art is a great way of doing that. Whether you're going along with the majority or minority of the political agenda, it is a strong influencer into the art that comes of it. You can't create art that rejects everyone's biases (maybe you can?), as you're going to find someone who agrees with the message you're trying to project with your art. IMO, everything is propaganda, there is no discernible difference between a Coca-Cola advertisement, a 'WE NEED YOU' recruitment poster, or a Banksy stencil; it's all trying to 'sell' an idea. It just depends on the viewer/reader to decide if they align with or go against that message.

at least some are more realistic

still, gender pay gap is myth, if it was real i don't see why anyone would take a man when he knows that it would cost him more than just taking a woman

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

@Ryan_Vickers I was being half sarcastic and half not.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yeah, it would be nice to see more choices in character when it comes to games, but I think anyone would laugh at quotes like this and assume you are being sarcastic: :P 

Game Developers! What have you done????!!!!! You sexist monstrosities.........

So, 97% of games shown at E3 contained a Male protagonist while only 3% featured exclusively a female protagonist.

This is unbelievably sexist. How could you possibly think that a video game can't include women? Did you think that women don't play video games?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

So walking, talking, breathing meat is talking nonsense about sexism again, in video games? Where that 'meat' is sexist it self?

K

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

14 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

It's not [satire]....

17 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Uh huh, keep changing that story OP...

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

How about devs create what they want regardless of whether it'll be well received by activist groups? And instead we can try and focus our efforts on getting more females into game development, I bet that'll help out more and it's not an easy task to accomplish. The stigma of "guys club" should be adressed from the inside.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

15 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

It's not....

Shite, I guess Game developers are damned if they do and damned if they don't include female protagonist that meet strict standards by feminists. I mean I believe in egalitarianism that everyone should be equal but not under the guise of one sex or race being superior or inferior to one another. 

Look I don't think it's a huge deal, I find your title way too speculative and/or click-bait-y. 

The Developers at Square Enix and Avalanche must be misogynistic pigs because the protagonist is a male named Rico Rodriguez, even though it has a couple strong female leads like Dimah Ali Umar al-Masri and a few others. Hell, the Rebellion and the DRM have females on their forces that do lots a things that are things that men would traditionally do.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Seeing as most 'heros' in games are exposed to repeated death, abuse, misbehavior and are at times awful people (Trevor - I'm talking about you and your friggun teddy bear) I can with 100% confidence say that if female protagonists made up exactly 50% of all action protagonists that there would be an uproar from feminists about how poorly they are treated in game.

Such a shortsighted and hollow fact to point out that most protagonists are male.

A game dev can tell whatever story they want - its THEIR game! I am sure as a male game dev/story writer you would more easily create stories from your own genders perspective - maybe more females should be game devs? rather than just asking male game devs to make games with females in them?

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

9 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Didn't know that existed :D

I enjoyed alice madness returns tbh, it was nice.

Maybe it's a bit too much for me but being able to play as a girl is all i'm asking...

It would be nice if games just give you the choice, a story can easily be independent of a gender.

I think saints row 3 and 4 is a nice example :)

Have the game too, on pc. I remember she does not have a walk button, to do that, you will have to tap the W key. Or maybe there was, can't remember. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Because the main audience for core games are males.
For the same reason most action movies have a male lead while most romantic movies have a female lead.
Even in books you can see this.

Also there are tons of games that do have strong female characters in them either as the main protagonist or a secondary character some examples would be: Mirror's Edge, ReCore, Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Infamous Second Son, Horizon Zero Dawn, Dishonored, Quantum Break, Life Is Strange, The Witcher 3, Byonetta, Mass Effect, Bioshock Infinite, Assassins Creed, Until Dawn, The Last Of US, Alien Isolation, Remember Me, Final Fantasy 13, Border Lands, Saints Row, Battlefield 4, Metro Last Light ect.
And most games also have female options like Skyrim, Fallout 4 Dragon Age, CoD, Overwatch, LOL, DOTA, Titanfall, The Division, FIFA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and the list goes on and on.

I would say the games fit very much the current gaming demographic.

RTX2070OC