Most Game developers are sexist? Apparently yes.....

AlTech

Who the fuck cares. It isnt sexist, nobody is being treated differently, nobody is being excluded, it is their choice if they want to play the game. It is not like women cant play a game with a male protagonist.

And to the " females in videogames are oversexualized": It is a game, part of the reason people play games is to be able to do things they cant do in real file. If that is playing with oversexualized characters or being insanely violent, then so be it. 

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

Okay stop with the femaNazi. Shit there is a clear under representation of woman protagonist aking with minor and when have you ever seen an actual gay protagonist? 

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

32 minutes ago, elderago said:

Okay stop with the femaNazi. Shit there is a clear under representation of woman protagonist aking with minor and when have you ever seen an actual gay protagonist? 

If you actually look outside of the AAA part of the industry it isn't really a "problem". The AAA industry is the AAA industry. It's like the video game version of Hollywood. Studios go with what works and what they believe will make the most money. The AAA game industry is generally fairly limited in terms of genres and types of protagonists. At one time there was a conversation that could be had about this stuff but the cunts like Anita, Quinn, and the idiots that hang on every word they say ruined all of that.

THEY. Didn't ruin it, they had a view whether agreed with it or not was up to you. 

What ruined it is the caustic nature. Of fans who have made.talking about about sexism and lack of variety in the portrayal of minority. 

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

9 minutes ago, elderago said:

THEY. Didn't ruin it, they had a view whether agreed with it or not was up to you. 

What ruined it is the caustic nature. Of fans who have made.talking about about sexism and lack of variety in the portrayal of minority. 

No, they didn't have a view. They started witch hunts and continuously attack people for now valid reasons and love sending mobs of people to harness. Nothing they have ever done was for equality or better representation. All the "white privilege" and "male privilege" bullshit is not in service of equality, it's in service of attempting to dominate and get everything handed to them on silver platter without having to do any work. And let's not ignore how people that dare to disagree with them get treated. I'm not saying there aren't cunts on the other "side" as well, but it doesn't excuse their actions. If they wanted equality they'd actually stop the bullshit and TREAT EVERYONE LIKE MOTHER FUCKING EQUALS

35 minutes ago, Derangel said:

No, they didn't have a view. They started witch hunts and continuously attack people for now valid reasons and love sending mobs of people to harness. Nothing they have ever done was for equality or better representation. All the "white privilege" and "male privilege" bullshit is not in service of equality, it's in service of attempting to dominate and get everything handed to them on silver platter without having to do any work. And let's not ignore how people that dare to disagree with them get treated. I'm not saying there aren't cunts on the other "side" as well, but it doesn't excuse their actions. If they wanted equality they'd actually stop the bullshit and TREAT EVERYONE LIKE MOTHER FUCKING EQUALS

Bah.... I work 8 hours a day honestly I don't care

All I can say is this i'm gay and outside of certain rpgs have never seen a representation of a gay man every and the representation in general media is frankly unsulting

I don't even play fallout 4 because I can't have a male his end (and don't give me the 1950s bs they could have added the ability to have same sex spousess

30 minutes ago, elderago said:

Bah.... I work 8 hours a day honestly I don't care

All I can say is this i'm gay and outside of certain rpgs have never seen a representation of a gay man every and the representation in general media is frankly unsulting

I don't even play fallout 4 because I can't have a male his end (and don't give me the 1950s bs they could have added the ability to have same sex spousess

I'm also gay and it doesn't really bother me. It never has. I'm fine with developers telling the stories they want and simply letting things happen as they happen. I'd be happy if romantic or sexual relationships were completely excised from games to be honest. Most of them are terrible and feel forced anyway.

In general I don't care if a character is male, female, straight, gay, white, black, blue, purple, whatever as long as the characters and the game itself are good.

So the main point is, unless games had the goal of sexualizing people (Huniepop ofc), the games themselves mostly don't give two cents of a damn about gender.

Here I am playing all my eroge and super-sexy funtime RPGs... What do you say now, feminazis?

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

1 hour ago, Derangel said:

I'm also gay and it doesn't really bother me. It never has. I'm fine with developers telling the stories they want and simply letting things happen as they happen. I'd be happy if romantic or sexual relationships were completely excised from games to be honest. Most of them are terrible and feel forced anyway.

In general I don't care if a character is male, female, straight, gay, white, black, blue, purple, whatever as long as the characters and the game itself are good.

Perhaps but that's you there are people who would like to see more representation I'm not asking it be shoved down our throats but maybe a recognition of others

I'm not offended just would like tow see something different now and again you know? 

25 minutes ago, elderago said:

Perhaps but that's you there are people who would like to see more representation I'm not asking it be shoved down our throats but maybe a recognition of others

I'm not offended just would like tow see something different now and again you know? 

Yeah, but it'll happen over time. AAA publishers are incredibly afraid of taking huge risks, especially when it comes to social issues and main characters. The best thing we can do now is simply have open. honest, rational, dialog with developers and publishers and to support a lot of those smaller games that do go against the norm, so we show the big guys that the market exists. It's the same with Hollywood really. The bigger the budget the less risks the studios are willing to take.

2 minutes ago, Derangel said:

Yeah, but it'll happen over time. AAA publishers are incredibly afraid of taking huge risks, especially when it comes to social issues and main characters. The best thing we can do now is simply have open. honest, rational, dialog with developers and publishers and to support a lot of those smaller games that do go against the norm, so we show the big guys that the market exists. It's the same with Hollywood really. The bigger the budget the less risks the studios are willing to take.

True and I definetly agree. I think that was the problem with sarkasi she only casted blame without giving credit for what has changed or offering something constructive criticism. 

There does need to be more diversity in games but we should approach it as rational humans and give developers and publishers feed back on what we want. 

Btw off topic :I didn't really just quiet playing fallout 4 because I couldn't play a same sex couple (though it kinda annoyed me) I get why they didn't add it basically voice acting but that just shows why voice acting for the man protagonist was a bad idea

And so it continues, on Polygon. The article is pure gold. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Well if they wanted female leads on a game, maybe they should have women pickup interest on game development/scripting instead of gender studies. 

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

5 hours ago, Lethal Seraph said:

Well if they wanted female leads on a game, maybe they should have women pickup interest on game development/scripting instead of gender studies. 

nah, this is much better and makes more sense 

aAodNXh.jpg

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>