Is Linus homophobic?

filipcro

So per my conversation with @Gaymer91 on Twitter, evdiently the problem is the use of the word "homo" and not my implied relationship with my co-workers and/or friends.

If that's that case, then I guess we don't have a problem because I'm not married to the word "homo" and I have no problem substituting in something less offensive as long as I don't have to abandon one of my favourite things to do, which is creating uncomfortable sexual tension for the people around me :)

Oh wait... so this topic was not purely spamming/trolling?

GODDAMNIT ARKANGEL!

Reposting my images :P

I was wondering whose this was! Thank you for one of the best images I've ever downloaded!

"I take my spirit and I smash my mirrors,
And now the whole world is here for me to see,
Now I'm searching for my love to be."
-Jimi Hendrix, Room Full of Mirrors

I'm not the only one who thinks this is a conspiricy that this morning. There was a Sexy slick thread and now everyone is suddenly soooo sensitive 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I'm not the only one who thinks this is a conspiricy that this morning. There was a Sexy slick thread and now everyone is suddenly soooo sensitive 

Maybe they... 'rubbed' someone the wrong way? Eh? EH?

Case: Corsair 750D | CPU: Intel i7 4770k | Video Card: Gigabyte WF3 780 Ti 3GB | RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 | Hard Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / 1TB WD Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / 2x2TB WD Green | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Corsair h100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 x2 | DAC: O2 Amp/Dac Combo w/ RCA from Mayflower Electronics | Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400 | Microphone/Input: AudioTechnica AT2035 w/ Scarlet 2i2 Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 w/ Custom Keycaps | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Monitor: QNiX QX2710LED 1440p PLS & WASABI-MANGO QH275 27" 1440p S-IPS

Maybe they... 'rubbed' someone the wrong way? Eh? EH?

I'm not gonna lie, I saved the photo

for um reasons,  :rolleyes:

#KilledMyWife 

Ikr? Why do words bother people so much? Toughen up guys, why does everyone, literally EVERYONE have to be politically/socially/morally correct when they talk now? You lot need to get over yourselves and realize we've all been insulted before. If everyone made a big stink about it the human race wouldn't exist right now....

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Yeah that's the only part i'd change.  

So per my conversation with @Gaymer91 on Twitter, evdiently the problem is the use of the word "homo" and not my implied relationship with my co-workers and/or friends.

If that's that case, then I guess we don't have a problem because I'm not married to the word "homo" and I have no problem substituting in something less offensive as long as I don't have to abandon one of my favourite things to do, which is creating uncomfortable sexual tension for the people around me :)

So there you have it, guys. The community has spoken, and the word "homo" will no longer be used to refer to sexual orientation. I'm glad we got this out of the way.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I was wondering whose this was! Thank you for one of the best images I've ever downloaded!

NP pal!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Wait, isn't it all homo here? I mean just look at all the posts the "ask a gay guy" thread has.

J/k

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Ikr? Why do words bother people so much? Toughen up guys, why does everyone, literally EVERYONE have to be politically/socially/morally correct when they talk now? You lot need to get over yourselves and realize we've all been insulted before. If everyone made a big stink about it the human race wouldn't exist right now....

Because people have it so good in north america that they have to get involved in problems that don't have jack shit to do with them. 

#KilledMyWife 

So wait, Linus cant say homo while his username for his twitter is Gaymer? WAT?

He's advertising. Can't very well go around telling everyone "Hello, my name is Derrick and I'm gay.". That would just be awkward.

Case: Corsair 750D | CPU: Intel i7 4770k | Video Card: Gigabyte WF3 780 Ti 3GB | RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 | Hard Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / 1TB WD Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / 2x2TB WD Green | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Corsair h100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 x2 | DAC: O2 Amp/Dac Combo w/ RCA from Mayflower Electronics | Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400 | Microphone/Input: AudioTechnica AT2035 w/ Scarlet 2i2 Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 w/ Custom Keycaps | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Monitor: QNiX QX2710LED 1440p PLS & WASABI-MANGO QH275 27" 1440p S-IPS

He's advertising. Can't very well go around telling everyone "Hello, my name is Derrick and I'm gay.". That would just be awkward.

Why does he need to let everyone know he is gay in the first place?

@LinusTech Personally I'd do whatever you want. I mean, it's your show and your content right? The majority of your forum users defended you, and if the couple actually find it offensive enough to stop watching your content, well....it's their loss.

Linus Gay Tips to now Linus Censored Tips. 

Well, this escalated quickly. 

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Linus Gay Tips to now Linus Censored Tips. 

Well, this escalated quickly. 

7nTnr.png

#KilledMyWife 

Surely I'm not the only who remembers that rather long phase of the youtube channel where every second comment was "OMG is Linus gay?!"

Now he's being called homophobic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bLZYKTtqwY

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110812182714AAiMA7A

I'm pro PC except when it comes to speech. ;)

People get their feelings hurt so easily these days! It's almost gotten to the point where you can't say anything that is PC. I'm so sick of Society just looking for something to be offended by.

I'm pro PC except when it comes to speech. ;)

I'm confused, care to elaborate?  :blink:

oh political correctness, sorry it's 3 am here :lol:

And I'm the same, I just don't understand how words could bother someone so much. If I took words as serious as the people offended in this thread I would've fallen into a deep depression ages ago. 

So I watched the latest WAN show and I just cringed at the "homo" and "full homo" phrases.

It's like you view gays as subhuman and being gay is only worthy of ridicule. Do you have no capability to put yourself in other people's shoes at all?

You've really got a primitive Russian mentality going on here.

It's interesting to observe how people think it's not OK to use word homo because it is offensive to some, but it's OK to insult all Russians.

FYI: This "primitive Russian mentality" put the first man in space, you fucking homo sodomite.

This will prolly get lost in the comments but when i'm alone, I strip down naked, spread ice and water all over the house, turn the a/c on, slide on my belly and pretend i'm a penguin. 

#KilledMyWife