Is Linus homophobic?

filipcro

I'm gay and I made an account for the sole purpose of replying to this post. The only people that are offended by the term "homo" are the people that have a flag pole up asses about being politically correct. Anybody that listened to what Linus said in context would realise that he obviously wasn't trying to offend anybody by saying it.

449 thats a new record 

holy shit. it's up to 465

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

"Full homo" is a colloquial term used to imply that a relationship is sexual rather than platonic.

The "homo" part means that the relationship is between two members of the same sex, so while adaptations could exist that are appropriate for use with a member of the opposite sex, I didn't need to use them because Slick is male, and I am male.

It's about like any other joking around that friends (of same sex, opposite sex or anywhere else on the spectrum) might do. I've said similar crap to girls too, and no one cares about that. As long as everyone involved is comfortable with kidding around in such a manner, then it's all between consenting adults, and everyone else can just move right along.

If anyone was offended, then two things:

1. I'm sorry your feelings were hurt.

2. Lighten up.

The problem with using "no homo" is that it implies being thought of as a gay couple is bad enough to be worth denying explicitly, or that any same gender relationship (primarily between men) is sexual until otherwise stated. It's a bit problematic but as a lesbian myself there are far more bothersome things out there that can be said.

To answer the OP's question. I'm very certain that Linus is not homophobic and would be fine with for example, hiring a gay employee (and would pay them fairly and all that).

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

I'm getting like after like, I just became a legend and got a new high score

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

holy shit. it's up to 465

were about to break 500, holy **** most of the fourm is here

party over here! 

#KilledMyWife 

I think this is kind of funny filipcro is ridiculing this (even though it was in a jokingly way) while in another thread making fun of other peoples religion more or less 

"if you lived somewhere else you would believe in a completely different superstition" really calling people religions superstitions?

So do you you truly "capability to put yourself in other people's shoes at all?"

Edited by Missioncode

I felt it went on for way too long.  After the initial bit it wasn't amusing anymore, and it's not even about being PC, it's about not being a dick.  It seemed like one of those things you joke about with your close friends that understand you and know its harmless, not 4000 random people on the interwebs.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

500 viewers as of right now...

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

This thread doesn't have a place here.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

The problem with using "no homo" is that it implies being thought of as a gay couple is bad enough to be worth denying explicitly, or that any same gender relationship (primarily between men) is sexual until otherwise stated. It's a bit problematic but as a lesbian myself there are far more bothersome things out there that can be said.

To answer the OP's question. I'm very certain that Linus is not homophobic and would be fine with for example, hiring a gay employee (and would pay them fairly and all that).

then you need to realize that straight men do not think like gay women.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

then you need to realize that straight men do not think like gay women.

Explain a bit further what you mean by this.

Men think all relationships are sexual? Because people within genders are not homogeneous (no pun intended) they have variation. 

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

"Full homo" is a colloquial term used to imply that a relationship is sexual rather than platonic.

The "homo" part means that the relationship is between two members of the same sex, so while adaptations could exist that are appropriate for use with a member of the opposite sex, I didn't need to use them because Slick is male, and I am male.

It's about like any other joking around that friends (of same sex, opposite sex or anywhere else on the spectrum) might do. I've said similar crap to girls too, and no one cares about that. As long as everyone involved is comfortable with kidding around in such a manner, then it's all between consenting adults, and everyone else can just move right along.

If anyone was offended, then two things:

1. I'm sorry your feelings were hurt.

2. Lighten up.

you weren't supposed to talk about it...................

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I always thought Linus himself was gay till he started tweeting pics of his kid -shurgs- everyone is so uptight anymore its like they are looking for something to be outraged about. 

Men think all relationships are sexual? Because people within genders are not homogeneous (no pun intended) they have variation. 

men and women think differently. straight men and gay men think differently. if they thought the same, then they would be attracted to the same things.

that being said, straight men think differently than gay women

As a straight guy I can see exactly what it implies and thusly I don't say things like that.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

1339642005135.gif

i have been laughing at this for a few minutes now. i think this accurately represents how most people feel about this one.

you weren't supposed to talk about it...................

I'm sure that's why Linus posted it on Twitter. So that we would all shut up about it. This thread was locked and now it's not, I think that means discuss.

i have been laughing at this for a few minutes now. i think this accurately represents how most people feel about this one.

Here is another one for you http://imgur.com/Y9XZO with the same idea. 

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

I'm sure that's why Linus posted it on Twitter. So that we would all shut up about it. This thread was locked and now it's not, I think that means discuss.

you obviously haven't seen the latest WAN show..otherwise you'd get the joke.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

This perfectly the status of the forum as of late and how the mods must feel... 

#KilledMyWife 

@LinusTech, you have nothing to be sorry for. Do not for one second think you made a mistake. I know gay people and they would never be offended by this. People like spreading shit on the internet because they have no life. Nobody with half a brain would take offense to anything you said. You are not a homophobe. To hell with anyone who is talking shit. Keep up the good work.