price per kw/h in your local area

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

You've gotta be kidding meh right? We had electric heaters (radiators) and a electric water heater in my old flat and during November-February, our electricity bill was 3x the amount compared to the rest of the year...(there are plenty of homes running on electric heaters for both water and radiators in Britain).

well not here :P  But feel free to throw that on the pile.  Maybe they're 12000 W all together? So we're still just right around that 50 kW limit...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

well not here :P  But feel free to throw that on the pile.  Maybe they're 12000 W all together? So we're still just right around that 50 kW limit...

Worst case scenario so I guess it's possible to be drawing 50kW :) 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Worst case scenario so I guess it's possible to be drawing 50kW :) 

Yes, if you had two super powerful gaming machines going, all the lights in the house on, an electric heater, the main furnace which is for some reason electric along with the water heater, someone doing their hair, someone making coffee & tea, while doing the dishes and warming something up in the microwave, while also cooking a 3 course turkey dinner in a turbo oven/stove, washing and drying the clothes, making toast, having a shower, and blasting a theater-level sound system, you could just barely break that limit! xD But honest to god that's insane... :P (which is my point - I think it would be reasonable to surcharge someone being that wasteful and crazy with power).

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Yes, if you had two super powerful gaming machines going, all the lights in the house on, an electric heater, the main furnace which is for some reason electric along with the water heater, someone doing their hair, someone making coffee & tea, while doing the dishes and warming something up in the microwave, while also cooking a 3 course turkey dinner in a turbo oven/stove, washing and drying the clothes, making toast, having a shower, and blasting a theater-level sound system, you could just barely break that limit! xD But honest to god that's insane... :P (which is my point - I think it would be reasonable to surcharge someone being that wasteful and crazy with power).

Indeed but I can see this possible in a very well off house with other electrical equipment :P

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

lets throw in charging a tesla wall charger at 72 amps

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

In saudia arabia
the prices are 

from 1 to 2000 kwh : 0.013332 usd

from 2001 to 4000 kwh : 0.026664 usd

from 4001 to 6000 kwh : 0.053328 usd

above 6001 : 0.079991 usd

8 minutes ago, a7medomar3 said:

In saudia arabia
the prices are 

from 1 to 2000 kwh : 0.013332 usd

from 2001 to 4000 kwh : 0.026664 usd

from 4001 to 6000 kwh : 0.053328 usd

above 6001 : 0.079991 usd

sorry not kw per hour 

kw per month

On 6/1/2016 at 9:01 PM, TetraSky said:

The rates that we have here in Quebec:
http://www.hydroquebec.com/residential/customer-space/account-and-billing/understanding-bill/residential-rates/rate-d.html

jIUqct9.png

Add to that both taxes

Goods and Services Tax (GST) - 5%
Quebec Sales Tax (QST) - 9.975%

... And you get ridiculously expensive bills unless you essentially live a spartan life. (our bills easily reach $200 to $400 each month)

Electricity shouldn't be this expensive considering it's made out of renewable energy damn it...

Is this $6.21kwh if you exceed 50kwh in 1 month or 1day or just 1 hour ? a Day seems likely a fair time to use 50kwh but cruious how this pricing is structured 

3 hours ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Is this $6.21kwh if you exceed 50kwh in 1 month or 1day or just 1 hour ? a Day seems likely a fair time to use 50kwh but cruious how this pricing is structured 

Quite frankly, I have no clue.
I believe it's made to be complicated so that they can charge us ridiculous prices without us knowing any better.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

Quite frankly, I have no clue.
I believe it's made to be complicated so that they can charge us ridiculous prices without us knowing any better.

Yeah it really doesnt state it clear at all, mines broken out not that well either but i use 220Kwh a month  will go up when ac's go on as summer approches but that overall costs me $50ish . Its just me and my girlfriend in a tiny appartment in NY ( Not NYC) 

On ‎2016‎.‎06‎.‎01‎. at 2:03 AM, online_olympian said:

kilowatt is one word and hour is another. I think everyone who uses it the other way is just conforming to social norms. i am a non-conformist.

kWh is a measure of unit

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

5 hours ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

No, it's if you are using more than 50 kW at any one time, the charge is $6.21 per kW you are over 50 kW, and as we've shown in previous posts, you'd have to be pretty insane to draw that much power at once.

0.165€ / kWh with all taxes and everything accounted

0.0531€ / kWh the pure electricity cost

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Its 9 cents where I live...

And it's still expensive (for me at least)

Alnair (Main PC):

CPU: i9-7900X with EK Supremacy RGB and SE 360 radiator

RAM: 32 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 MHz

MB: Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7

GPU: GTX 1070 Founder’s Edition

PSU: EVGA 850 G3

SSD: WD Blue M.2 1tb, Sandisk SSD Plus 1tb

Mistle (NAS):

CPU: Pentium G3258 with stock cooler

RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 MHz

MB: MSI H81M-E33

GPU: Intel integrated 

PSU: 500w Cooler Master

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1

Armakarth (NAS/3D modeling station/my old computer)

CPU: i7-4790K with Hyper 212

RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 MHz

MB: MSI Z97-G45

GPU: EVGA GT 740 SC

PSU: 750W Sentey

SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, 1tb WD Blue

The Pizza Cooker (server):

2x quad core 2.66 ghz Xeons

16gb DDR2 FBDIMM

On 6/3/2016 at 2:58 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

No, it's if you are using more than 50 kW at any one time, the charge is $6.21 per kW you are over 50 kW, and as we've shown in previous posts, you'd have to be pretty insane to draw that much power at once.

Yeah 50Kwh is insane to use at once i Use 220 a month on average that is 0.30kwh average hour though if you say most of it happens in say 6 hours  thats still only 1.2kwh of usage.  Though now that its almost summer i can see my ac Using 1kwh  when on plus a stove and such i couldn't see topping 4kwh for short periods  i mean now days LCDs and stuff dont use that much my 60 inch 4k tv is rated at like 0.1kwh of usage

about 15c to 20c per kWh depending on the time of day ( in euro )

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

On 5/31/2016 at 4:59 PM, online_olympian said:

I keep hearing people talking about power consumption as a prohibitive expense. What are the local rates where you are from? I am at .027, 2 cents per kilowatt hour. So you can see why I am not worried in the least about wattage used.

I live in a rural community outside my town, so for me it is (all in USD) 0.16ea for the first 1000, and 0.24 every one after in summer, and winter is 0.18, then 0.26.

For the town it is 0.16 night usage, 0.20 off peak day, and 0.35 on peak day for summer, and 0.20 night, 0.25 off peak day, 0.38 on peak day. Day is 7am-9pm, and peak is noon-3pm. Plus extra fees for different locations of the city, north quarter has ~$15/mo for expenses, middle half has $20/mo expenses, and bottom quarter has has $25/mo expenses. Expenses being maintenance, upgrades, ect. the top is cheaper because it is closest to the cross country power lines we hook up to to subsidize our semi local plants to reduce their strain. 

In summary in town confusing as hell and im glad i do not live there. (as we pull on average 1.2-1.8mWh a month due to 3 freezers, 2 fridges, and numerous other devices/appliances that we need and use on the farm)

Nothing to see here, move along

On 6/3/2016 at 9:11 AM, michaelocarroll007 said:

That's Hydro-Quebec pricing, so it's per day ... but frankly 50kWh per day is very high! Unless you're leaving the heating and A/C on at the same time I don't see how you can use that much!

My house is from the 1930's and the insulation is crap (I've opened walls and it's newspapers and wax paper, not kidding!), during this winter there's only a hanfull of days where I used more than 30kWh a day.

There are easy steps to prevent the electricity bills from going that high, seriously.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

11 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

That's Hydro-Quebec pricing, so it's per day ... but frankly 50kWh per day is very high! Unless you're leaving the heating and A/C on at the same time I don't see how you can use that much!

My house is from the 1930's and the insulation is crap (I've opened walls and it's newspapers and wax paper, not kidding!), during this winter there's only a hanfull of days where I used more than 30kWh a day.

There are easy steps to prevent the electricity bills from going that high, seriously.

It's not 50 kWh per day (which is high but within the realm of reality), it's literally 50 kW  (which I think is totally insane)

8 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It's not 50 kWh per day (which is high but within the realm of reality), it's literally 50 kW  (which I think is totally insane)

yeah but it's on a per-day basis, ie: if you use more than 50kW in a day

I've never had that charge on my bill.

EDIT : ok, I'll have to look it up because I just found this;

http://www.hydroquebec.com/publications/en/docs/distribution-tariff/distribution_tariff.pdf

and it clearly says it's a monthly charge ... 

plus a monthly charge of

$3.78 per kilowatt of billing demand in excess of 50 kilowatts during the summer period, or

$6.21 per kilowatt of billing demand in excess of 50 kilowatts during the winter period.

7 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

yeah but it's on a per-day basis, ie: if you use more than 50kW in a day

I've never had that charge on my bill.

EDIT : ok, I'll have to look it up because I just found this;

http://www.hydroquebec.com/publications/en/docs/distribution-tariff/distribution_tariff.pdf

and it clearly says it's a monthly charge ... 

It's if you ever use more than 50 kW.  50 kW is a rate, like 50 kWh per hour, if that makes it easier to think about. :)

11 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It's if you ever use more than 50 kW.  50 kW is a rate, like 50 kWh per hour, if that makes it easier to think about. :)

I know, I was just thrown off by the mix of kW and kWh, all my hydro bills show kWh consumption, not kW monthly usage, that's why I said I would look it up :)