price per kw/h in your local area

17 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I know, I was just thrown off by the mix of kW and kWh, all my hydro bills show kWh consumption, not kW monthly usage, that's why I said I would look it up :)

As they should, since that's an amount of energy :)

It is odd that they would throw the 50 kW cap in there though, especially such a high one

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I don't think that electricity usage for average consumer is much of the concern and it's more marketing than anything. Most energy saving features in consumer products comes from business lineup side because there, energy savings are extremely important due to share volume of CPU's/GPU's.

While directly it doesn't affect individual consumer by much but if we were to multiply millions of consumers world wide the reduction in overall energy consumption is huge and considering that most of our energy comes from burning fossil fuels it actually adds up to quite significant level world wide. 

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

As they should, since that's an amount of energy :)

It is odd that they would throw the 50 kW cap in there though, especially such a high one

I think my confusion came from my lack of breakfast this morning, I just came back from lunch and I don't understand why I got confused! lol

BTW, that 50kW cap is VERY high for a residential account, you have to have very sketchy stuff happening to have a house pull that much power. That would be using 200amps at 240v or over 400amps at 120v ... I can't see how that would happen in a residence!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I think my confusion came from my lack of breakfast this morning, I just came back from lunch and I don't understand why I got confused! lol

BTW, that 50kW cap is VERY high for a residential account, you have to have very sketchy stuff happening to have a house pull that much power. That would be using 200amps at 240v or over 400amps at 120v ... I can't see how that would happen in a residence!

Couldn't agree more :)  Check the series of posts I made after seeing it :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Couldn't agree more :)  Check the series of posts I made after seeing it :P 

lol yeah, I went back a few pages because I missed a few posts.

If I take my electrical panel as an example, I could only pull 40kW (4 240v breakers varying from 15A to 30A and 11 120v all at 15A), but that's actually impossible since 2 of my 120v circuits are lighting only, so I would need to have 3600w of lights in the house! lol

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

On 5/31/2016 at 7:03 PM, online_olympian said:

kilowatt is one word and hour is another. I think everyone who uses it the other way is just conforming to social norms. i am a non-conformist.

No, they are just speaking clearly.  kW/h and kWh are not the same thing.  One is a ratio, the other is not.  It is the difference between saying your car was moving at 60 miles per hour versus saying your car traveled 240 miles in 4 hours.

Edit:  Rates here are pretty low compared to you big city dwellers.  We have a flat monthly service fee of about $19, then it's about 7 cents a kWh, with a fuel cost adjustment that adds anywhere from 1 to 2 cents per kWh.

My last electricity bill was 61,28€ for a total of 428kWh, so that makes about 14,44c per kWh.

Mine says 0.17BGN (0.09€) daytime, 0.09BGN (0.05€) nighttime

ultracheap, my May bill was 25BGN, which isnt even 15

$0.068 / kWh for the first 2000kWh on a billing cycle, then $0.088 / kWh after that. 

Nuclear and Solar are the primary sources, with some coal thrown in as well. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

$0.065 / kWh

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

It's 1.7 cents per khw here, but I pay a good 35 dollars a month in surcharges (more than the rest of my monthly bill)... 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS