New Battlefield is named Battlefield 1 and is Set in World War 1, Releases Oct. 18

FirstArmada
47 minutes ago, Autoimmunity said:

The community ain't skipping a mainline game that looks this good.  People have been asking for a new historical shooter for years and finally Dice listens and does it.

Wait, Battlefield 1 looks good? All I saw was a cinematic trailer with no gameplay or any hints at all of how the game will be.

If I had to guess, it will basically be Battlefield Hardline but with a WW1 skin, weaker guns, worse vehicles and probably some chemical warfare gimmick.

I really don't see why people are buying into the hype.

On 5/6/2016 at 1:02 PM, rhn94 said:

I feel that the setting shouldn't matter and the game should be good

After years and years off people whining "omg why are they doing this OUTRAGE" and then them going and buying the game I doubt the setting would have mattered one bit. People love to be pretentious on the internet.

Call of Duty is still going to sell a shit tonne (even break records) regardless of the outrage towards it. Anyone remember the whole MW2 and no dedicated servers fiasco?

Also there's only so many settings you can have a game with guns and shooting and considering they have to release games every couple of years, it's kinda naive and shallow to say things like "futuristic crap" considering in 5-6 years you'll be saying "that old crap gimme future stuff".

Dedicated server fiasco answer: AlterIWNet

On 5/6/2016 at 6:49 PM, LAwLz said:

Ehhh... Is that a black guy, in a WW1 setting, with German clothes? Either someone didn't read their history properly, or that game takes place in an alternate universe.

My guess is on the alternate universe, since it seems like they are also counting in this order: 3 -> 4 -> 1

It doesn't even make sense if you assume it is a remake of the first Battlefield game, because that took place in WW2.

Maybe someone's already corrected you but still...............

African-Americans and African Puerto Ricans

So I can see how they are black (although doesn't make much sense in terms of actual history:/

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I was gone for a bit and came back to people hyping up "Battlefield 1" and was thinking like.. "why are people hyping up the first Battlefield?" (which I knew was 1942, but like.. I was thinking people were just calling that number 1) but it's this.. so uhh

Well glad to see it's not another future shooter.. I guess.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Wait, Battlefield 1 looks good? All I saw was a cinematic trailer with no gameplay or any hints at all of how the game will be.

If I had to guess, it will basically be Battlefield Hardline but with a WW1 skin, weaker guns, worse vehicles and probably some chemical warfare gimmick.

BF4's gameplay is good enough that they don't really need to improve on it a lot.  However, people have been asking for a historical shooter to be made with today's tech and graphics for YEARS, and that's what Dice have given us.  

With regard to gameplay, BF4's reveal was a similar story, lots of CG and very little gameplay.  They will show off the game more at E3, just like they did with BF4.

What's important to remember as well is that your perspective on this is different from the majority. Most of us are sick of modern/futuristic shooters and we only play Battlefield games for fun.  Having a AAA WW1 shooter is something new and exciting, especially for those of us that were hoping for it.  

System:  i7-6700k @ 4.5 GHz Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 16GB Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 | Gigabyte GA-Z170N Gaming 5 ITX 

Corsair SF600 SFX PSU Seagate 2TB HDD, 1TB SSHD | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB Boot DriveSilverstone ML08B-H |

On 5/6/2016 at 7:09 PM, suicidalfranco said:

you know, Word War 1 wasn't just the trench war between germany and the anglo-french forces with the culminating point at Verdun. And from the trailer seems like it won't even be the focus of this game 

Exactly.  It's like nobody on the internet even knows why it's called WORLD War 1.

There was fighting everywhere, from the trenches in France, to the eastern front in Russia and Serbia, to the conflicts in Arabia and Italy.

It's going to be interesting how many factions we'll have this time.  German vs French in the Somme, Russians and Serbians on the Eastern Front, and The Turkish forces in Arabia against the British.

System:  i7-6700k @ 4.5 GHz Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 16GB Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 | Gigabyte GA-Z170N Gaming 5 ITX 

Corsair SF600 SFX PSU Seagate 2TB HDD, 1TB SSHD | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB Boot DriveSilverstone ML08B-H |

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

1. Dice has pretty much locked on to the golden recipe for fps gameplay, it won't be much different than BF4 which is absolutely fine with 99% of players therefore most aren't worried about that.
  2. Dice has a history of living up to reveal level graphics, they are no ubisoft when it comes to downgrades.
  3. It won't be like hardline since that was developed by Visceral games, a different entity to Dice. Dice's last game was battlefront so I think that's pretty promising all things considered.

42 minutes ago, Autoimmunity said:

Exactly.  It's like nobody on the internet even knows why it's called WORLD War 1.

There was fighting everywhere, from the trenches in France, to the eastern front in the Soviet Union and Serbia, to the conflicts in Arabia and Italy.

It's going to be interesting how many factions we'll have this time.  German vs French in the Somme, Russians and Serbians on the Eastern Front, and The Turkish forces in Arabia against the British.

small correction: there wasn't a soviet union yet

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

16 minutes ago, Autoimmunity said:

What's important to remember as well is that your perspective on this is different from the majority. Most of us are sick of modern/futuristic shooters and we only play Battlefield games for fun.  Having a AAA WW1 shooter is something new and exciting, especially for those of us that were hoping for it.  

Well I can tell that my taste is different from the majorities. I am sick of modern shoots. Not talking about the era they take place in but the entire play style which they just copy/paste with a new skin every year. I don't get how anyone can get excited for these new BF and COD games. They are basically just releasing the same game over and over but with different skins. How is it new and exciting if everything is the same except the looks of the weapons and vehicles?

Might as well say the new FIFA game looks new and exciting. They updated the player roster!

Get excited for BF1 if you want, but you can't say it:

1) The game looks good. We don't know if the game looks good because we have not seen any in-game footage yet.

2) It is new and exciting. Since we haven't seen any gameplay it might just be a carbon copy of their other Battlefield games, but with a new skin on top of it. You can hardly call a game new and exciting if it's the same game you have paid and played several times before, except now your gun is an older model.

8 minutes ago, Limepanda911 said:

Dice's last game was battlefront so I think that's pretty promising all things considered.

But Battlefront was absolute garbage... So much hype and then everyone played it and went "oh... this is really bad" and then nobody talked about it like 2 months later.

It is blowing my mind that people actually watched an announcement for a trailer. It's like marketing your marketing. EA's PR team must be amazing.

Don't buy into the hype. Wait for the game to be released before making your minds up.

14 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

But Battlefront was absolute garbage... 

Bare in mind that Dice was heavily restricted with that title. Graphics wise it is gorgeous, transfer Dices Battlefield gameplay mechanics over into battlefront and it would be amazing, which is pretty much what BF1 is going to be. All the things wrong with battlefront shouldn't be an issue with BF1 as it's a different franchise, one which is established, and without restriction.

So you have to pay $80 dollars just for that Zeppelin?!

Dafuq!?

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/battlefield-1

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

small correction: there wasn't a soviet union yet

Ahh yes you're right.  I forgot that WW1 was the reason the Bolshevik revolution happened.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:06 AM, Accursed Entity said:

I actually wanted this, I'm tired of the "modern" warfare, it's all the same nowadays. About time they went back for one of the World Wars.

I hate 'future warfare'. Games like MW2 (time setting) were perfect cos you had all sorts of cool stuff but it was still BOTG and no crazy stuff.

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

3 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Dafuq!?

I guess pre-order and DLC BS should be expected from EA at this point....

CPU: Intel 4790k Cooler: Corsair h100i Mobo: ASUS Z97-A RAM: Corsair 16GB Vengeance 1866 GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 Storage: Crucial mx100 512GB & x3 2TB HDDs Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl PSU: Seasonic SSR-650RM Monitors: Acer XB271HU and Asus VG236 Keyboard: Corsair Gaming k70 RGB Mouse: Cyborg RAT 7 Headset: Sennheiser 558 + Antlion ModMic 4.0 Speakers: Harmon Kardon Soundsticks

On 5/6/2016 at 1:02 PM, rhn94 said:

I feel that the setting shouldn't matter and the game should be good

After years and years off people whining "omg why are they doing this OUTRAGE" and then them going and buying the game I doubt the setting would have mattered one bit. People love to be pretentious on the internet.

Call of Duty is still going to sell a shit tonne (even break records) regardless of the outrage towards it. Anyone remember the whole MW2 and no dedicated servers fiasco?

Also there's only so many settings you can have a game with guns and shooting and considering they have to release games every couple of years, it's kinda naive and shallow to say things like "futuristic crap" considering in 5-6 years you'll be saying "that old crap gimme future stuff".

The setting matters alot, I've heard alot of people say they hate futuristic shit CoD is doing. It is true that CoD might again sell alot of games but CoD has a bigger fanbase than Battlefield. From what i've seen I think Battlefield will break records but I still think CoD will sell more games because of the bigger fan base and because who doesnt want the new call of duty?

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

5 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Dafuq!?

"exclusive vehicle appearance"

AKA it's just a skin.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

11 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Battlefield Hardline wasn't even made by DICE nor is it a part of the main Battlefield franchise so why you would think it would be like Hardline is beyond me.

Also the trailer was based on in-game assets and all the things we saw in the trailer will be in the game they literally talked about it in the livestream reveal.(We'll also get gameplay next month at E3)
Things that have been already confirmed:
-More destruction similar to Bad Company
-There will be horses, new tank types, motorcycles, battle ships, and zepplins
-Melee weapons like swords, shovels, and bayonetts have been added
-Classes have been changed and the recon class has been renamed to Scout
-Classic dog fighting is back(thank god no more lock ons)
-Maps set in France, Italian alps, and the middle east
-Weapon customization will still be in the game
-Gas weapons and flame throwers have been added

From what we know so far the game is basically like Battlefield 1942+Battlefield 4.

RTX2070OC 

On 5/6/2016 at 9:09 AM, suicidalfranco said:

you know, Word War 1 wasn't just the trench war between germany and the anglo-french forces with the culminating point at Verdun. And from the trailer seems like it won't even be the focus of this game 

It's funny, down here in Australia they have to educate people that WW1 wasn't all the invasion at Turkey. Everyone here thinks world war 1 happened in Turkey and even then we had hardly any casualties there compared to the Western Front.

You're not wrong about the war being everywhere, but the main cause for it was Germany and France, and most of the fighting was done there and that's where it was won/lost, which is why people think of that when WW1 comes to mind, oh and the Americans did join near the end and claim that they 'won the war' for everyone which is complete BS.

14 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Well I can tell that my taste is different from the majorities. I am sick of modern shoots. Not talking about the era they take place in but the entire play style which they just copy/paste with a new skin every year. I don't get how anyone can get excited for these new BF and COD games. They are basically just releasing the same game over and over but with different skins. How is it new and exciting if everything is the same except the looks of the weapons and vehicles?

Might as well say the new FIFA game looks new and exciting. They updated the player roster!

Get excited for BF1 if you want, but you can't say it:

1) The game looks good. We don't know if the game looks good because we have not seen any in-game footage yet.

2) It is new and exciting. Since we haven't seen any gameplay it might just be a carbon copy of their other Battlefield games, but with a new skin on top of it. You can hardly call a game new and exciting if it's the same game you have paid and played several times before, except now your gun is an older model.

But Battlefront was absolute garbage... So much hype and then everyone played it and went "oh... this is really bad" and then nobody talked about it like 2 months later.

It is blowing my mind that people actually watched an announcement for a trailer. It's like marketing your marketing. EA's PR team must be amazing.

Don't buy into the hype. Wait for the game to be released before making your minds up.

There are at least two glimpses at fps gameplay. Keep in mind, the trailer uses in game assets. Look at bf4 and bf3's reveals. Each of them were quite accurate to the actual game. I'm not too sure what you're expecting. As far as a trailer goes, it does look very very good. Gameplay isn't shown much so I see why you can conclude that there is no reason to say the game will be good.

But at least stop and smell the roses man. You're so negative its almost disgusting. You may disagree, but aesthetically, the trailer was well put together and very beautiful.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

18 hours ago, KingKeith55 said:

Dedicated server fiasco answer: AlterIWNet

then renamed to FourDeltaOne then crapovison shut them down

fun days though

CPU: i5-4690 | CoolerCRYORIG H7 |GPU: PowerColor TurboDuo R9 280X OC RAM: G.skill RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9Motherboard: ASUS B85M-E | SSD: ADATA XPG SX900 128GB |HDD: Western Digital Caviar BLUE 1TBCase: Cooler Master K281PSU: SeaSonic ECO 600W | Monitor: Samsung S24D390HL 24 Inch PLS

Haha, I keep constantly reloading the Infinite warfare trailer and it gets about 50 dislikes each reload. As for the bf1 trailer, its the opposite. :D

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

On 5/6/2016 at 0:49 PM, FirstArmada said:

Source : 

http://wccftech.com/battlefield-1-release-october-18-preorder-includes-hellfighter-pack/

http://wccftech.com/battlefield-5-image-hints-world-war-setting/

I for one am super happy that we're going back in time instead of all that futuristic crap that COD keeps dishing out maybe this year Battlefield sales will out preform COD :D

Futuristic crap?! Just because a vocal minority on youtube doesnt like it doesnt mean people in general dont. It wouldnt be selling as much as it is already through preorders if it really were the majority that disliked the futurism. I personally quite like futurism simply because it gives them more tools with which they can add gameplay mechanics.

System Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  
Storage: Western Digital Blue 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  

Displays: PlayStation® 3D Display (1080p)

Displays: VA1948M (900p)
Case Fan: Corsair CO-9050017-WLED 66.4 CFM  140mm Fan 
Case Fan: Corsair ML120 75.0 CFM  120mm Fans  
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse 

On May 6, 2016 at 8:16 PM, Daring said:

I think he's part of the Harlem Hellfighters (nickname for the US 369th Infantry Regiment), a regiment of African-American soldiers active during WWI and II that notably never lost a man.

Oh pish, you bringing your logic into an internet flame war. 

- snip-

On 5/8/2016 at 7:36 PM, NumLock21 said:

Dafuq!?

I think it is a skin for the zeppelin.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Just now, shermantanker said:

I think it is a skin for the zeppelin.

I wonder if they can actually make a game have certain features based on the game code that's used. LIke how MS does it with their OS.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list