New Battlefield is named Battlefield 1 and is Set in World War 1, Releases Oct. 18

FirstArmada

Source : 

http://wccftech.com/battlefield-1-release-october-18-preorder-includes-hellfighter-pack/

http://wccftech.com/battlefield-5-image-hints-world-war-setting/

I for one am super happy that we're going back in time instead of all that futuristic crap that COD keeps dishing out maybe this year Battlefield sales will out preform COD :D

13 minutes ago, FirstArmada said:

I for one am super happy that we're going back in time instead of all that futuristic crap that COD keeps dishing out maybe this year Battlefield sales will out preform COD :D

I feel that the setting shouldn't matter and the game should be good

After years and years off people whining "omg why are they doing this OUTRAGE" and then them going and buying the game I doubt the setting would have mattered one bit. People love to be pretentious on the internet.

Call of Duty is still going to sell a shit tonne (even break records) regardless of the outrage towards it. Anyone remember the whole MW2 and no dedicated servers fiasco?

Also there's only so many settings you can have a game with guns and shooting and considering they have to release games every couple of years, it's kinda naive and shallow to say things like "futuristic crap" considering in 5-6 years you'll be saying "that old crap gimme future stuff".

I actually wanted this, I'm tired of the "modern" warfare, it's all the same nowadays. About time they went back for one of the World Wars.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

4 minutes ago, rhn94 said:

I feel that the setting shouldn't matter and the game should be good

After years and years off people whining "omg why are they doing this OUTRAGE" and then them going and buying the game I doubt the setting would have mattered one bit. People love to be pretentious on the internet.

Call of Duty is still going to sell a shit tonne (even break records) regardless of the outrage towards it. Anyone remember the whole MW2 and no dedicated servers fiasco?

Also there's only so many settings you can have a game with guns and shooting and considering they have to release games every couple of years, it's kinda naive and shallow to say things like "futuristic crap" considering in 5-6 years you'll be saying "that old crap gimme future stuff".

I don't understand peole like my father, keeps buying them each year, he ends up trading them a wek after that saying it shite

1 minute ago, Flowey said:

I don't understand peole like my father, keeps buying them each year, he ends up trading them a wek after that saying it shite

At least he played the game and judged it for himself & for what it is instead whining for months before the game was even shown. That I can respect.

Now unless he's not a person who keeps up with video games I can understand that; but if he's a self confessed gaming enthusiast then shame on him.

13 minutes ago, rhn94 said:

At least he played the game and judged it for himself & for what it is instead whining for months before the game was even shown. That I can respect.

Now unless he's not a person who keeps up with video games I can understand that; but if he's a self confessed gaming enthusiast then shame on him.

Well he used to be an enthusiast but work keeps him from researching stuff, so shame on me for not telling him to give that 80$ to Valve then!

BattleField "1" ...did the god damn guy from Microsoft who named the XBone talk to the guys at Dice or some shit? Like I get it....but come on man. Someone stop this man!

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

7 minutes ago, LtRavens said:

BattleField "1" ...did the god damn guy from Microsoft who named the XBone talk to the guys at Dice or some shit? Like I get it....but come on man. Someone stop this man!

Dice doesn't name the game EA , the publisher names it 

1 minute ago, FirstArmada said:

Dice doesn't name the game EA , the publisher names it 

So the "One" man was in cahoots with EA? Makes me like him even less. :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Ehhh... Is that a black guy, in a WW1 setting, with German clothes? Either someone didn't read their history properly, or that game takes place in an alternate universe.

My guess is on the alternate universe, since it seems like they are also counting in this order: 3 -> 4 -> 1

It doesn't even make sense if you assume it is a remake of the first Battlefield game, because that took place in WW2.

3 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Ehhh... Is that a black guy, in a WW1 setting, with German clothes? Either someone didn't read their history properly, or that game takes place in an alternate universe.

My guess is on the alternate universe, since it seems like they are also counting in this order: 3 -> 4 -> 1

It doesn't even make sense if you assume it is a remake of the first Battlefield game, because that took place in WW2.

Stop being such a racist, I'm triggered. You know damn well all white guys are racist and all game characters have to be coloured and transgendered. Check your privilege cis het white male. #Idrinkmaletears #killallwhitemen #killgamergate.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

No hes not black, not trying to be racial but most of the protagonists are white males

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

No hes not black, not trying to be racial but most of the protagonists are white males

He is clearly black. Here is another picture of it.

5 minutes ago, Notional said:

Stop being such a racist, I'm triggered. You know damn well all white guys are racist and all game characters have to be coloured and transgendered. Check your privilege cis het white male. #Idrinkmaletears #killallwhitemen #killgamergate.

Well shit. Sorry. I forgot.

9 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

He's not black though?

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

8 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Dude, I'm pretty sure it's the same guy as from the teaser. He's white. Look at the other posters. The one with the title "BATTLEFIELD 1" on it from the store leak. It's in better light. 

Edit: well shit, you may be right. It feels like I'm looking at the blue black/ white gold dress. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

He's clearly a burn victim from all the fire debris on the left. #burnvictimblaming

Ok I'll stop now xD

I wonder what they are going to do with WW1? Vehicles will be very limited and levelution is kinda pointless.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Hey look, now we can have the WWI FPS we all wanted with the COD4 remaster we all wanted (minus that modern bs called Infinite Warfare). Sweet.

Ye ole' train

I'm really looking forward to this because my biggest issue with the way COD has been going is with the EXO suits and crap like that. COD maps were already a tiny, compact, cluster-fuck, shit-storm where - no matter how hard you tried to be vigilant - someone was always running up behind you an d shooting you in the back or camping in a corner. Then they added EXO suits and the crazy jumping/hovering/wall running abilities and now you could get jumped from any angle. I was never a "pro" COD player, but I could usually hold my own. Then they added in all this extra crap and I was finding it hard to get even the most basic kill streaks. That, on top of how insanely crazy the loadout systems have gotten, just ruined COD for me.

I realize that I'm a little biased because I started playing COD/BF back with the first games, and my prime was during the MW/BO/MW2 days, but I miss the simplicity of tactics and not the stupid COD/Halo mish-mash that we have now. I've been debating just going BF for a while, but I don't have a group to play with and BF4 has been out for so long now that I think I would be painfully behind the ball where I would just be getting my ass kicked by all the people that have been playing since its release. Maybe I'll get this one on release and go from there. I'm also considering getting Infinite Warfare simply for the MW Remastered.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

25 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I think he's part of the Harlem Hellfighters (nickname for the US 369th Infantry Regiment), a regiment of African-American soldiers active during WWI and II that notably never lost a man.

43 minutes ago, Daring said:

I think he's part of the Harlem Hellfighters (nickname for the US 369th Infantry Regiment), a regiment of African-American soldiers active during WWI and II that notably never lost a man.

Ya. There is a pre order bonus for that also. 

1 hour ago, raphidy said:

Won't preorder this time. I'll let beta tester do it for me.

its probably gonna be a clusterfuck, like bf3 and 4 at launch.

i really hoped its a ww1 or 2 game and we will know for sure in exactly one hour.

Here is the World Première Livestream, It should start for real in 8 minutes.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking