What exactly inspired you to come to Linus Tech Tips?

PlayStation 2

Pretty much the same. In school as I post...

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

>overclocking pentium d

>issues

<ltt

>look where im at now.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

For me it was finding the site while learning more about computers. I had seen the channel when I was checking out 980ti rumors (pushing off buying my first extreme system.) They mentioned a forum and I came here for shits and giggles.

After that the helpful people (generally), and responsive attitudes (always) was a real reason for me to stick around and spread my own knowledge.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

for me, i built a new computer, had issue with fan hub, came here for help, no one could help (its a weird situation so i dont blame anyone)

stayed for the lulz `-`

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

i came because i wanted a computer.

I did not know what to do...

No real reason in particular. Had been a fan of the channel for some time, never really bothered with creating an account until it crossed my mind after linus mentioned it in some video quite a while back.

also, gratz on 10k

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

giveaways

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Pretty sure I just heard @Slick talking about it a lot on the WAN show, I started creepin' a bit, then made an account.

ASU

Learning more about computers, fixing my problems, find out good deals xD

Probably was drawn to the OG unboxings that Linus used to do.

I came here to enlighten people about second hand business laptops and why you should always buy those over a cheap new laptop.

Also to spread some ThinkPad love.

LTT as a YouTube channel : for its unboxings. I was looking into getting new PC and I've always known it's best to build it yourself. So I turned to YouTube and found Linus (at that time he maybe had 100K subs). 

His live shows from kitchen or garage and his personality and knowledge immediately caught my attention and I liked him at first sight lol (I think the 1st vid I watched was a mobo unboxing in parking lot outside NCIX during his break, I wanted AMD fx6300 mobo :D )

As for LTT forum I joined just to see what it's all about. 4000+ posts later I'm still here and I will until I keep my interest in new tech.

End of wall of text. Thx for reading LOL.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

3 hours ago, Hamako said:

I came here to enlighten people about second hand business laptops and why you should always buy those over a cheap new laptop.

Also to spread some ThinkPad love.

"Second hand business laptops" u mean cheap one with integraded GPU aimed for MS office and spreadsheets use ?

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I wanted to try a Phenom II X6 1055t, and Linus had a good overclocking guide.

I am not sure why I exactly I came to the forum:

1.  I was directed here.  (Youtube)

2.  Either a giveaway, or curiosity. 

I built a pc, and wanted to do more with it, talk about my passion. Where better to do it then ideally a place where others share this desire?

Ultimatly i I didn't do that much more advanced stuff, but the community has good people and it's fair share of moments, so I stayed. 

Also grats on 10,000! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Fairly certain I killed a z77 sabertooth and was looking for help.

I started watching LTT because when i was building my computer, nearly every part i was thinking about buying they had a review on. A few months after that i decided to just read through the forum. Now i read through and post stuff and its all fun. plus, im bored AF in school.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

5 hours ago, Thony said:

"Second hand business laptops" u mean cheap one with integraded GPU aimed for MS office and spreadsheets use ?

Depends, there are different types of business laptops. There are stronger Workstation models for example which always have CAD certified GPU's, or regular machines that are more portable. Their aims vary as well. Some are designed as a mobile typing machines (hence, excellent keyboards) and others can be digital note-taking devices (with Digitizers), although you can use them for whatever you need really. Prices vary as well and include anything from 2 to 4 digit prices.

It can be debated what business laptops essentially are, but I'd say that durability and functionality are the main traits.

I like discussion forums, they're like my trolly, shitposty, informative, daily newspaper. LTT is just my latest forum! First came here due to finding LTT on YouTube.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

well , when i started watching ltt ( back in late 2014 ) , i quickly created a profile ( because i was having issues with a computer ) , and i saw that their was a huge community here .

At first , i wasn't very active , but i started coming more and more  after a while.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Upgrade advice

On 4/28/2016 at 10:37 PM, Dan Castellaneta said:

In honor of my 10,000th post, I kinda wanna do a thread.

So, what inspired you to come to LTT?

For me, it was being bored in school and me creating an account for fuck all.

LOL same, lurked for months then decided a couple weeks ago just to make an account :P