Tesla Model 3

This is the Telsa model 3

56fdf24b243a9_Screenshot(94).thumb.png.a

56fdf313e7cdb_Screenshot(96).thumb.png.1

56fdf328751a8_Screenshot(100).thumb.png.

Base price is 35,000 USD but options should push it further

specs

215 mile range

"autopilot"

supercharge capable   

115k orders already!!

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 hour ago, Maybach123 said:

So this may be a bit premature but i am starting a thread anyways on the model 3 live event. First off some information about the event. It will take place at 8:30 pm pacific standard time. And if you would like to watch the stream it should be on the home page of teslamotors.com

8:30 PM Pacific time? Damn. They're screwing over the central and eastern areas (Not to mention Europe lol but they always get screwed).

This will start at 11:30 PM EDT, for anyone wondering.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

8:30 PM Pacific time? Damn. They're screwing over the central and eastern areas (Not to mention Europe lol but they always get screwed).

ya its unreasonably late 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

24 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

It's true ;_;

#MakeEuropeGreatAgain

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

The stream is starting

1 minute ago, tsk said:

Pretty sure it's Tesla Model 3.

ya i was re editing the original post and put e instead by accident. although technically it will always be considered the model E by people inside tesla :P Because elon musk wanted (and i kid you not) to call his line up S E X 

5 minutes ago, tsk said:

Pretty sure it's Tesla Model 3.

Yup.

My thoughts: I think the cars interior and back looks great, not sure how I feel about the front for $35,000 it's an amazing price. 

c9uot7nszsdz9cnsdozz.png

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

It's over, it is officially over for all other car makers.  The bolt is a god damn embarrassment of design compared to the model 3.  Most angles look effing flawless, so god damn beautiful.  FINALLY, a relatively cheap and BEAUTIFUL electric car.

Go home GM/toyota/ford/hyundai/kia/bmw/mercedes/audi/etc etc

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

It's an april fools prank, isn't it? Tell me it isn't... TELL ME IT ISN'T YOU FUCKING SAVAGES!!!!!!!!

I may cry due to pure happiness...

1 minute ago, TehStranger? said:

It's an april fools prank, isn't it? Tell me it isn't... TELL ME IT ISN'T YOU FUCKING SAVAGES!!!!!!!!

I may cry due to pure happiness...

the announcement was planned a month ahead.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

6 minutes ago, Suicidal Korean said:

the announcement was planned a month ahead.

First I'm hearing of it. I am so damn happy omg :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Fuck me, I hate that dashboard.

Love Tesla, and the desgin / engineering that they put into their products, but damm that's one ugly dashboard console.

it's like they just took a touchscreen monitor and attached it to the cup holders. There is no flow, it's just there...

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

30 minutes ago, ShiftHitTheFan said:

Love Tesla, and the desgin / engineering that they put into their products, but damm that's one ugly dashboard console.

it's like they just took a touchscreen monitor and attached it to the cup holders. There is no flow, it's just there...

90k = flow design

35k = non-flow design

:P

Still its awesome that they finally released something that people without a 250k /yr job can afford. :) I so want a Tesla, right now.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

28 minutes ago, ShiftHitTheFan said:

The dash is a bit.. questionable.  But there is still time to alter that. You can't fix something as hideous as the exterior design of the nissan leaf without a page one rewrite. 

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I hope one of the options they discussed is a dash infront of the driver. I like the way they do the center console, but I also like to have my necessary gauges right in front of me. It really looks like this design is banking on the idea that drivers will prefer to use autopilot rather than drive the car. 

Personally I like the model s. If I could afford one, I'd have two.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Don't drive. Want one anyway.
Sexy.
Hell, I even sort of like the choices made for the dash.

Now... if anyone wants one, I'll be printing some replacement 'E's for the boot logos in precious metals.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

God no yet another car with a tablet sticking out of the dashboard...

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

Can't wait to buy a used one 5 years from now...I don't actually know anyone who buys brand new cars...it's something that I've always wondered about.

Ok. So this is a thing.

Not too fond of the design tbh. It has some Ferrari in the headlights, but that's about it for the front. It has angles and curves all mixed up. The rear looks proportionally wrong. It's too short of a distance from wheel->rear. The interior is a success though. Super simplistic, although I do wonder where the speedometer is. Not on the central display I hope.

Here, have some more pictures: http://www.autoblog.nl/image-gallery?file=Tesla/Model_3/

Ye ole' train

2 hours ago, Sammael said:

It's over, it is officially over for all other car makers.  The bolt is a god damn embarrassment of design compared to the model 3.  Most angles look effing flawless, so god damn beautiful.  FINALLY, a relatively cheap and BEAUTIFUL electric car.

Go home GM/toyota/ford/hyundai/kia/bmw/mercedes/audi/etc etc

Like they care? They have their own market and ALOT of people don't give a shit about electric cars.

Nobody picks a Tesla over a BMW M5 for example if they want a real car.

EDIT: TESLA MAKES REAL CARS AND THEY GO REALLY QUICK VROOM VROOM 0-100KM IN 2.8 SEC AND ALL THE TECH IS COOL BUT.

I never see electric vehicles taking over the whole market, there are many non-electric cars for the same price as the Model 3.

Yes it's a great car, looks great, performs great and is affordable, I would buy it no problem but "Go home" to BMW,GM,Ford, etc? Nah bruh

I want one now

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

43 minutes ago, Paralectic said:

Like they care? They have their own market and ALOT of people don't give a shit about electric cars.

Nobody picks a Tesla over a BMW M5 for example if they want a real car.

EDIT: TESLA MAKES REAL CARS AND THEY GO REALLY QUICK VROOM VROOM 0-100KM IN 2.8 SEC AND ALL THE TECH IS COOL BUT.

I never see electric vehicles taking over the whole market, there are many non-electric cars for the same price as the Model 3.

Yes it's a great car, looks great, performs great and is affordable, I would buy it no problem but "Go home" to BMW,GM,Ford, etc? Nah bruh

Yah Bruh!

Seriously, I have ZERO interest in brand id like bmw/mercedes.  I care mostly about what is offered, and those car makers not going in on the electric car front in the same way tesla is diminishes them imo.  If a freaking kia released something that looked like the model 3 at a similar price, I'd be just as interested in that... well, the Tesla logo looks a hell of a lot better than the kia logo.... but you get my point.

And btw, I don't mean to say that no one will buy ice cars now, but what is the point of buying a bmw 3 series over a model 3?  the bmw brand?  It looks worse, it performs worse, it's ICE and so has higher and more frequent maintenance, what is the draw exactly?  Faster fill ups?  That's it?    The point here is that the model 3 is essentially a better alternative at the 35k price point to just about anything else in the class.