What is the most disappointing thing you have ever heard from young PC builders?

Lolucoca
Just now, MagnesiumPC said:

"They kinda don't though"

I get an average of 50-80 macs a year.

Granted, not much compared to the hundreds of windows computers, but still.

Also, Apple doesn't have security software, they have a naturally secure OS. (That they've made more vulnerable).

it is security built into the OS, is it not?

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

3 hours ago, Stardar1 said:

Looking at its total value versus NVDA and INTC, that is a legitimate question right now. 

I was asked that in 2007.

When they bought ATi (Ah, the good ol' days).

Just now, Stardar1 said:

it is security built into the OS, is it not?

No, FreeBSD/OpenBSD (based upon UNIX) (I can't remember which) are some of the most secure Operating Systems in the world, because of how the sandbox and grant levels of permission to different tasks.

Apple, decided base its OS of it because they have absolutely no idea how to develop an OS on their own (Hey Mac OS 9!).

While doing this, Apple made the OSX more secure to viruses and such (even though it still is), but less secure to OS level attacks, since it was working with a base many people had used.

Parts list

FX-4350
4GB of Generic RAM (a.k.a. WAM)

NO GPU

Micro ATX case.

500W power supply

"GTA READY"

"Well... it's not GTA ready, I may need to add more ram to make it 8 GB and a bigger power supply... that'll make it perform awesome in GTA"

Me: "You need Jesus"

overheard a conversation from one idiot to another

first idiot "i dont need a GTX for gaming right? my laptop doesnt have one and it can play games"

second idiont "Then you should buy a macbook, way better then PC"....

Whatever faith i had regained in humanity faded away again that day

21 hours ago, MLGTurnip said:

Honestly I am young an new to PC gaming but on 9gag I saw  picture of therml compound on the bottom of the CPU. It was one of the saddest things I ever saw.

Enough said.

That site/community is already a disappointment itself.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

On 3/29/2016 at 9:03 PM, Lord-Anubis said:

"Wow, you got the new 980ti that just came out? You should have waited for Pascal, it's going to be 100x faster."

"I'm waiting for Zen, it'll be an intel killer."

except I've not seen many kids who say that...it's more most of the population of the LTT forums say "wait for pascal" and for the Zen bit, people who are being hopeful that AMD doesn't lie and fuck up their new line of CPUs...or just AMD fanbois :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

"Amd Is shit, It should just die out because it will never beat intel." 

while in reality we are talking about  $40 CPU and kids want to end all competition in a market because of fanboying over a brand instead of looking at the price and what it is used for. 

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

2 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

except I've not seen many kids who say that...it's more most of the population of the LTT forums say "wait for pascal" and for the Zen bit, people who are being hopeful that AMD doesn't lie and fuck up their new line of CPUs...or just AMD fanbois :D 

Most of the population of LTT are kids. That's why you have a million "What's the best cpu for $14 and a bottlecap?" threads.

Intel 5820K OC@4.7 / MSI Raider X99 / 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200mhz / x2 EVGA 980Ti Hybrid OC @1468 / Corsair Vengeance C70 (OD Green) / 2x Samsung 840 Evo in Raid 0 / Corsair RM1000x / Corsair H110i GTX  - Firestrike Score – 26156 (so far, lol)

Just now, Lord-Anubis said:

Most of the population of LTT are kids. That's why you have a million "What's the best cpu for $14 and a bottlecap?" threads.

Oh sh** I forgot about that...Well I'm technically a "young adult" by the standards of Britain :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

"you dont need to cool it you need to heat it up like an engine"

"i wont get a virus because i use chrome"

Spoiler

Warning: spoiler alert:

Spoiler

Get it because the function for this is a spoiler

Spoiler

Why are you not laughing?

Spoiler

What do you mean its not funny?

Spoiler

Snape kills Dumbledore, you happy, look what you made me do.

2 hours ago, imremi said:

"you dont need to cool it you need to heat it up like an engine"

"i wont get a virus because i use chrome"

Did those really happen? Did you seriously hear that? How did you physically live through it?

Screenaninator: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 Nitro

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8300

Stickaminator: 16GB Crucial Vengance DDR3

Powermathingy: Corsair RM850i

attachamajiggy: Asus M5A97 R2.0 f

Remembrerthing: 240 GB Crucial SSD, 2TB Toshiba HDD

14 hours ago, CodenameScorpion said:

Parts list

FX-4350
4GB of Generic RAM (a.k.a. WAM)

NO GPU

Micro ATX case.

500W power supply

"GTA READY"

"Well... it's not GTA ready, I may need to add more ram to make it 8 GB and a bigger power supply... that'll make it perform awesome in GTA"

Me: "You need Jesus"

He needs a GPU! I can't...I can't even right now. My brain hurts.

23 hours ago, djsoggy1234 said:

"Yeh mate i have a gaming pc (e.g i7 6700k x gtx 980 ti) but i only play league and other shit like that" 

I'm a computer hardware enthusiast, not a hardcore gamer boy. I have no regrets buying that 980 Ti only to play Team Fortress 2 and Stardew Valley.

---

Coworker - "I don't want to overclock my GPU because I'm afraid I'll break my video card."

Me - "It's extremely difficult to break a video card from standard overclocking, just do it, it's free performance dude."

Coworker - "I'm sure I'll be the one person who manages to break it."

???

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

On 3/29/2016 at 2:01 PM, Senzelian said:

u stupid?
8350 has 4ghz boost clock. 
4ghz x 8cores = 48jigahetz

u know nothing omg....

48/16=3 THE ILLUMINATI IS IN YOUR JIGAHERTZ 

Spoiler

Gtx 980ti | Amd Fx-8350 | 2x8g Kingston Hyperx Fury | Samsung 850 evo |

5 hours ago, JoePro87 said:

What's sad is that this was on eBay.... Some things we just need to ignore..... this "person" is one of those things.

5 hours ago, JoePro87 said:

What's sad is that this was on eBay.... Some things we just need to ignore..... this "person" is one of those things.

10 hours ago, Kobrastachka said:

"Amd Is shit, It should just die out because it will never beat intel." 

while in reality we are talking about  $40 CPU and kids want to end all competition in a market because of fanboying over a brand instead of looking at the price and what it is used for. 

AMD technically was the ruler of the processor game before more-than-one-core processors became a thing.

23 hours ago, ddrkreature said:

"Can't you share resources between 2 computers by linking them with a USB cable?"

".........OK humor me. What resources, exactly?"

"Like memory, processor, graphics?"

I+can't.+Jumping+out+window.gif

You'd need an ethernet cable, right? I'm not sure, I'm not a computer super genius when it comes to anything with an ethernet cable

26 minutes ago, CodenameScorpion said:

You'd need an ethernet cable, right? I'm not sure, I'm not a computer super genius when it comes to anything with an ethernet cable

Ethernet is for sharing data. If anything, it would be thunderbolt but even then, 2 whole computers connected this way wouldn't do anything. The most we have is external GPU bays and even that could be considered in its infancy.

11 minutes ago, ddrkreature said:

Ethernet is for sharing data. If anything, it would be thunderbolt but even then, 2 whole computers connected this way wouldn't do anything. The most we have is external GPU bays and even that could be considered in its infancy.

Ah ok.

On March 29, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Lolucoca said:

Mine is: "There never was a GeForce 8000-series, nor was there a GeForce FX"

Pretty disappointing since I used to play the newly released BioShock on a GeForce 8800 GTX :P

Another one: "Pentium III's were always crap, as well as the Athlon 64"

A pentium G3258 is just as good as the i5 6500 because they have the same clock speed.  I quit.

1 hour ago, ddrkreature said:

Yeah, without it being part of a server farm, and with the proper OS, there really is no way to get computers to share resources. At least, none that I have ever seen.

Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable that someone could do it at home? Not so much. (Not the average consumer, anyway.)

What about : the pentium 4 was a great processor! 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case