Anyone else think the nVidia logo's look old?

Clanscorpia

The SLI logo looks so old and unmodern compared to the Crossfire logo and I dont think they've changed the nVidia logo in years. Age of Empires 3 has that exact nVidia logo on bootup. The AMD logos look a lot more modern than the nVidia ones IMO. What do you guys think?

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

I couldnt care less.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I see what you mean, it's got like a 2010 Apple feel to it

Well what about nike logo/macas ... it pretty much the same for years. They dont need to change their logo if it still recognizable.

Magical Pineapples

5 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Well what about nike logo/macas ... it pretty much the same for years. They dont need to change their logo if it still recognizable.

true. Nike has had the swoosh from pretty much when their brand was founded

Intel i3-4160 - Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 - Asus GTX 750Ti OC - Corsair CX500M - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - WD Scorpio Blue 500GB 2.5" - WD Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" - CoolerMaster Hyper 212x.

They should make the Geforce logo the main logo

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

They should make the Geforce logo the main logo

They should, it's their nicest looking logo.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Meh, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. There's nothing wrong with it imo

EDIT: wait nvm. I was thinking of the GeForce logo. Their main logo is kinda dated I guess.

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

Dont care much for the Nvidia's logo, seen better as well as worse, but AOE3 is the bees knees, one of the best games ever made imo!

People don't buy gpu's  because of a logo. 

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

2 hours ago, KE2012 said:

Dont care much for the Nvidia's logo, seen better as well as worse, but AOE3 is the bees knees, one of the best games ever made imo!

Ikr! I played it as a kid and it was AOE2 that got me into PC gaming. I played it tons as a kid before the Minecraft bug hit me but then I learned AOE2 was on sale for 4 bucks on Steam. Got me into PC gaming and PC's in general. It's such an amazing series and I'm surprised more people don't play it.

2 hours ago, SuperCookie78 said:

People don't buy gpu's  because of a logo. 

I know, but it just looks dated to me compared to it's competitors. Imagine if Intel didn't change their logo? I'd bet sales would be slightly less. If someone saw an old looking logo they might turn back because they think it's od.

Spoiler

AXIOM

4 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Ikr! I played it as a kid and it was AOE2 that got me into PC gaming. I played it tons as a kid before the Minecraft bug hit me but then I learned AOE2 was on sale for 4 bucks on Steam. Got me into PC gaming and PC's in general. It's such an amazing series and I'm surprised more people don't play it.

Yeah, I think the original AOE was the first computer game I ever played, and since then I've been hooked to strategy games, and yeah, its a pitty more people dont play the series, we... (I) need MS to get their ass into gear and get 4 made pronto.

2 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

Yeah, I think the original AOE was the first computer game I ever played, and since then I've been hooked to strategy games, and yeah, its a pitty more people dont play the series, we... (I) need MS to get their ass into gear and get 4 made pronto.

Petition time? Could be the new solitaire. Wonder what the theme would be? Maybe we should make a thread? Nicky V said he played AoE2 on the WAN show. Maybe we could get him on it. We could make it an AoE2 mod maybe?

Spoiler

AXIOM

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Petition time? Could be the new solitaire. Wonder what the theme would be? Maybe we should make a thread? Nicky V said he played AoE2 on the WAN show. Maybe we could get him on it. We could make it an AoE2 mod maybe?

Petition time? Defo. Anyway In the AOE3 box there was a poster like leaflet and it had a picture to represent each game they had made, and strangely it didn't stop at 3, but went on to 5, the picture for 4 was Veitnam? and 5 was some future looking thing. (The box art is in the spoiler) 

Spoiler

2527325-1444842183-aoe3..jpg

As for modding the game, might be better with AOE3 mods, newer engine and better graphics which would go along way to getting people onboard.  

40 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

Petition time? Defo. Anyway In the AOE3 box there was a poster like leaflet and it had a picture to represent each game they had made, and strangely it didn't stop at 3, but went on to 5, the picture for 4 was Veitnam? and 5 was some future looking thing. (The box art is in the spoiler) 

Hide contents

2527325-1444842183-aoe3..jpg

As for modding the game, might be better with AOE3 mods, newer engine and better graphics which would go along way to getting people onboard.  

I haven't owned the real copy in 7 years so I haven't seen it in ages but 5 looks like Halo? Have we found something?! Th

ey might be in the same universe?!? Making 4 might be something I'd actually do though. I'll start looking at the AoE 3  scripts and find the language. Hopefully it's DirectX 10

Spoiler

AXIOM

I don't think it's a huge deal. Apple has been using essentially the same logo for almost 40 years.

Microsoft is a similar story too (granted both have done minor changes to their logos).

Nvidia doesn't have to if they don't want to.

While I personally prefer AMD for GPUs, the logo isn't the place where it validates which OEM has the superior hardware.

AMD has been using the same basic logo for quite a while too.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I don't think it's a huge deal. Apple has been using essentially the same logo for almost 40 years.

Microsoft is a similar story too (granted both have done minor changes to their logos).

Nvidia doesn't have to if they don't want to.

While I personally prefer AMD for GPUs, the logo isn't the place where it validates which OEM has the superior hardware.

AMD has been using the same basic logo for quite a while too.

Their other logos look very dated though. All the new AMD logos for things like XFire and their CPUs look very nice while nVidia's  nicest logo IMO is the GeForce logo

Spoiler

AXIOM

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Their other logos look very dated though. All the new AMD logos for things like XFire and their CPUs look very nice while nVidia's  nicest logo IMO is the GeForce logo

I guess as far as like product badges go like AMD's are pretty decent....

Which for like the APIs (Mantle, LiquidVR, etc) it just changes the color scheme.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I'm not sure what you mean. AMD has been using same main logo for past 20 years. In that sense nVidia's main logo is more modern looking, though it too has been in use for 15 or so years. Same with Intel, except for much longer. And what I can find with Google seaches, SLI and Crossfire have very similar logos, with nVidia being more stylished with kinda curved looks and AMD being plain and more aluminium look.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I like the Nvidia logo.. the green arrow things? they look great. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

it might be that i'm used to seeing my parents' company logo (thats straight out of the 1930s) but i dont really care for how "modern" a logo is all too much.

i mean, they can invest a million dollars in a new logo, or they can invest a million dollars in fixing geforce experience game support.

or they can do neither xD