Scrapyard Wars Season 4 - With Special Guest BS Mods

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say that I've really been enjoying this Season of Scrapyard Wars. I've enjoyed it so much that I'm considering picking up a Vessel subscription for a month to watch it early. Therefore, I wanted to know how many episodes of Scrapyard Wars will there be for this season? That way I can see if the sub is worth it. Thanks guys :)

Episode 2 @ 2:25 

Censor the first sh%t but leave out the second shit. Not sure if on purpose or not :V...

On 03/04/2016 at 6:50 PM, Gibs960 said:

I just can't stand dbrand to be completely honest, they're irritating and I can't watch basically any tech channel without hearing about them.

Exactly, they are like a parasite. Unwanted but everywhere.

Anyway, really liked the first two episodes. I think it's a bit sad that Luke is adding some fire to his case: his build just went from "I want to have that" to "Over the top". I really hope Luke wins though, it seems like his team has a real vision about what the case must looks like, while Linus is all over the place.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

ep2 @ 14:37 @LinusTech calls a cx600 a "decent power supply" ... Is this trolling the forum members who immediately jump all over anybody who has one of these listed in an upcoming build they want advice on, informing them that their entire families will die of cancer and their whole city will burn if they buy this psu...? :D 

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

3 hours ago, givegomezthegun said:

ep2 @ 14:37 @LinusTech calls a cx600 a "decent power supply" ... Is this trolling the forum members who immediately jump all over anybody who has one of these listed in an upcoming build they want advice on, informing them that their entire families will die of cancer and their whole city will burn if they buy this psu...? :D 

I have cx350 and my family is all right. :D

I've a feeling episode 3's dbrand ad was a Re:Re: on the one on episode 2. Not sure why.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

8 hours ago, givegomezthegun said:

In the context of Scrapyard Wars, where no name power supplies manufactured ca. 2006 are the baseline, a CX600 certainly is a "decent" PSU. When you are building a hard-line, water cooled X99 ROG Mobo based, 3-way SLI system in a 900D? 

Different context :)

On 4/3/2016 at 4:58 AM, Gibs960 said:

Was literally about to post saying that I was glad they'd changed the arrangements of the adverts but nope, still dropping them in the middle and this one doesn't even do anything to make the product look good. 

Why are they shooting a phone? I thought they were advertising a bulletproof skin at first but all they'd done is prove that a skin doesn't make the phone any safer.

Maybe they´re saying that the skins are so tough, you´d need a bullet to get through one?

Please do a review about the r9 390 Linus!

3 hours ago, Steel_Wind said:

In the context of Scrapyard Wars, where no name power supplies manufactured ca. 2006 are the baseline, a CX600 certainly is a "decent" PSU. When you are building a hard-line, water cooled X99 ROG Mobo based, 3-way SLI system in a 900D? 

Different context :)

I know I just thought it was funny :D

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

I have to say.. I'm really, really enjoying this season of SYW.  Amazing job to all involved.  I can't wait until next Sunday for Episode 4! 

Thank you @LinusTech, @Slick, @nicklmg, Brandon, Edzel, Bob, Rod, and anyone else involved.

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

19 minutes ago, ShadowDeity said:

I have to say.. I'm really, really enjoying this season of SYW.  Amazing job to all involved.  I can't wait until next Sunday for Episode 4! 

Thank you @LinusTech, @Slick, @nicklmg, Brandon, Edzel, Bob, Rod, and anyone else involved.

Thanks for watching all of us involved had a ton of fun creating this! 

Rod 

----------

BSMods.com

Facebook

Youtube

Loved the latest episode. The quality of these just keep getting better.

Does anyone know what music is playing around 21:30, where Rod is spray painting the case?

Edit: nevermind, found it. It was "Waiting for You (feat. Joanna Jones)" by Unlike Pluto.

Watching the second episode I got a feeling that next time all the people that know who Linus is and watch SW won't tell it :P

Also looking for that song at the end of ep.2 when Luke and rod were working on aesthetics. Any one?

Glad to see Bob and Linus working together a biiit better for ep2. Still, I think Luke and Rob are blowing them out of the water right now. 

Also, can we appreciate that this "season" is not 16,000 parts long? :D Thx Linus!

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

I cannot tell you enough how much better longer episodes are for everyone...

Like seriously. Even if you want to give yourselves numerous weeks of lead time, it's worth it from our end.

Also, while I don't like DBrand, I will take embedded adds (ESP ones content creators themselves make/work on) over all others EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK.

And these adverts are just odd. Cool-ish but odd.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

The thing with a CX, like XFX's XT, is that they cheap up on the caps and rail design.  It's fine in low power rigs, or a temp PSU for a higher one.  Long term use can have issues, though in higher rigs especially in an OCer's rig where you're messing with voltages.  This can cause the caps to blow and a rail to catch on fire.  Are they bad PSUs?  Yes and no.  It depends on how/what you're using them for.

Summing things up... It's not a power supply I would EVER tell someone to buy new, but if you already have it or get some ridiculous deal lined up, well you probably won't get cancer. 

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

For people that were discussing it before, Vancouver is a very craigslist heavy, kijiji is barely used compared to Toronto or Montreal.

Spoiler

That shit came down to a SATA2 bottleneck... Wow... To think that one point would have been enough. 840 Pro>840 Evo

Great finale! Obviously spoiler is spoiler. Click at own risk.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Ummmmm I'd be willing to bet the next edition will be in Toronto and feature Dimitry from Hardware Canucks. 

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

2 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Summing things up... It's not a power supply I would EVER tell someone to buy new, but if you already have it or get some ridiculous deal lined up, well you probably won't get cancer. 

Sorry, i couldn't resist linking this here :D