You just won £10,000 to improve your setup. What do you buy?

Overkilled

This doesn't have to be just computer parts but I can be, I'm talking monitors desks chairs tvs, anything like that.

You just won £10,000 (probably about $15,000) what do you buy?

A downpayment for a new apartment

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Kinda wondering why this got moved to offtopic when it clearly states "non tech related stuff only!"

This doesn't have to be just computer parts but I can be, I'm talking monitors desks chairs tvs, anything like that.

You just won £10,000 (probably about $15,000) what do you buy?

one sick ass macbook pro. (maxed out)

3 1440p displays

a pc with 3x980 Ti, 5960X and intel 750 series 1.2 TB

a 6 core mac pro with D700 graphics and 512 gb of storage

I'd buy a really nice chair and a bigger desk so I could comfortably fit a second monitor on it. And really nice speakers.

Better graphics card. The GTX750ti isnt as fast as people think. It can run Fallout 4 and GTA V but thats it

AMD FX-8350|8GB DDR3|GTX750TI|2TB HDD|CX-430 PSU|

in general id say f my setup and buy a new car but if it had to be setup id go with an awesome freaking chair *not sure which one* get an ultrawide and bring my system up to speed with x99. in terms off graphics cards id probably wait for what nvidia got in store with pascal. the would probably fade away over time.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Just worked it out the perfect setup will set you back £7300

This includes kick ass speakers new Ikea desk dx racer 5960x build x34 predator and 2 rog swift pg279q's also includes miscellaneous (peripherals, leds etc) and a inwin s frame.

I would buy a new mountain bike

I'd probably build all of my like 5 friends some high end systems, since they all have lower mid-range laptops which can't run games very well. And then whatever's left I would spend on a new desk (since mine is half duct tape), chair (which is also partially duct tape), audio setup, and computer for myself.

Current System: R7 1700x 3.93Ghz, PowerColor R9 380x 1.14ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz, EVGA 650 GS

if i have to spend on "my rig",  whole new setup, and new screens and a nice new chair

else a car, or maybe rent a little apartment and decorate it with the money 

Savings account. 

one sick ass macbook pro. (maxed out)

3 1440p displays

a pc with 3x980 Ti, 5960X and intel 750 series 1.2 TB

a 6 core mac pro with D700 graphics and 512 gb of storage

fuck you, fuck you fuck you, fuck you. fuck you to hell.

let it be known in every corner of the observable universe that macs are the biggest waste of money a human being could buy, you'd be better off buying 100000035398 gigatrillion usb pet rocks.

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

If I got the money and was only allowed to spend it on my computer, I'd build several identical builds and give them to my siblings. If I could spend that money elsewhere...I would put it down for a house or a new car.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

a second hand 98 honda civic to smash around the forest, perform sick handbrake turns and smash the oil pan up.

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Another two ultrawide's and then sit on the rest for the next gtx titan to arrive.
Maybe a couple of NVME sticks...
Oh and a 960 for my mocap rig.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

As "outdated" and "slow" as you guys might see my rig, I'd rather save that money to pay rent, electricity, internet etc. bills in near future.

I wouldn't bother spending Even 5% of that sum on the rig. Would only get a newer GPU (running 550Ti now), a better case and quieter cooling. That's it, really.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

fuck you, fuck you fuck you, fuck you. fuck you to hell.

let it be known in every corner of the observable universe that macs are the biggest waste of money a human being could buy, you'd be better off buying 100000035398 gigatrillion usb pet rocks.

xD

you do know that the cpus, ram and ssds are overpriced, but the gpus are really cheap?

and yes it's overpriced, but what the hey? 15k$

If I won $20433.36 AUD or even better $21626.77 AUD, I'd put it in my bank account and it will be for me when I go to a uni.

Just gonna do this in euros because it's easier for me..

10K GBP is about 14000 euros ..

2500 euro PC, 3 4K monitor which would be like 1500 euros, big L desk (250 euros?), monitor mount, new keyboard and stuff TV cabinet for my game console and can't think of anything more. Would save up the rest

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/