New FO4 patch brings "nVidia only" weapon debris effects.

Section35

Bethesda this is why we cant have nice things

Bethesda is a terrible game company, people should stop praising them like they made a revolution or something, they make shit games, milk franchises and let modders do all the work.

R* is the best, no proprietary bullshit.

Don't have the game myself, but when i do, i will have PhysX there if i really want to use it, i did not miss it when i was with AMD.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

AMD are the ones who decided to can hardware physics, so its their own bloody fault for not having their own, supported, version.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I'm pretty sure PhysX would run well on AMD cards though if NVIDIA wanted it to. I don't know about other people, but if I had a company, I would be trying to set open standards for other companies to use - maybe it's cause I care about the industry and competition. NVIDIA likes to be super closed.

PhysX is CUDA accelerated. AMD was offered CUDA in the past more than once so they are the ones to blame for lack of support. They may have taken an offer for what appears to be rudimentary CUDA recently, but they really shot themselves in the foot.

The engine can't handle it. Witcher 3 is a newer engine this is still technically the Oblivion engine: even if the hardware is fast enough the engine can't process the information fast enough. I've tried Skyrim mods that gave you open cities and greatly increased draw distance and they actually do make the game unstable. Also you had to do some memory hacks for the game to address all of your vram and even with all of that the mod you mod Skyrim and the more you advance (henceforth bloating your save file) the more often you could crash to desktop because the game engine was just shit at dealing with the information even when the hardware was idle waiting for it.

Open cities in Skyrim just made my GTX 970 cry at 1080p.

PMSL

R* is the best, no proprietary bullshit.

Honestly, Rockstar is the opposite of Bethesda. Instead of welcoming modders, they rather bury them in the ground. Recent takes modders had to make their own version of GTA online were shut down, they even hired private investigators on these guys. All DLC they published is free, but also remember that there are €50 'microtransactions'. So I would argue that not even R* is a good publisher.

I do agree on Bethesda not being a great publisher anymore, I lost all respect in them with the paid mods thing. I like how everybody was so mad about this that they decided they wouldn't buy Bethesda games anymore, odd how literally their next title was one of the best sold games before it was even released.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Honestly, Rockstar is the opposite of Bethesda. Instead of welcoming modders, they rather bury them in the ground. Recent takes modders had to make their own version of GTA online were shut down, they even hired private investigators on these guys. All DLC they published is free, but also remember that there are €50 'microtransactions'. So I would argue that not even R* is a good publisher.

I do agree on Bethesda not being a great publisher anymore, I lost all respect in them with the paid mods thing. I like how everybody was so mad about this that they decided they wouldn't buy Bethesda games anymore, odd how literally their next title was one of the best sold games before it was even released.

Rockstar is not against modding, it's against modding online, which is understandable considering the amount of hackers that ruin the experience of everyone. GTA 5 is one hell of an optimized game that is still challenging the most powerful PC hardware even today, because R* actually took their time to make it good unlike Bethesda who still uses a prehistoric game engine that requires ungodly amounts of modding to look like it's been out in 2008

There are good games and bad games, IMO fanboyism should not cover a publisher that is literally scamming people with a POS, FO4 is an insult to what the PC Community stands for since 1990. 

Rockstar is not against modding, it's against modding online, which is understandable considering the amount of hackers that ruin the experience of everyone. GTA 5 is one hell of an optimized game that is still challenging the most powerful PC hardware even today, because R* actually took their time to make it good unlike Bethesda who still uses a prehistoric game engine that requires ungodly amounts of modding to look like it's been out in 2008

There are good games and bad games, IMO fanboyism should not cover a publisher that is literally scamming people with a POS, FO4 is an insult to what the PC Community stands for since 1990. 

Pst, Skyrim with only a few small mods (in size and what they do) looks better than FO4, albeit with the same problem of content being removed or dumbed down in each successive game.

PMSL

So many kids in LTT.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

Go buy an Nvidia card, problem solved

That would be supporting a monopoly.

Hiya :)

Feel free to quote me in a reply so I can see your reply :)

AMD pulls this shit too, all companies do, and It Is fucking annoying.

A lot of new AMD shit is open source though iirc.

Which we wouldn't be this close to seeing if AMD was able to actually pull their heads out of their asses and compete all of the time instead of every 2-3 or more years.

PMSL

amd card owners bitch again

seriously who buys a card based on little rocks falling out of a building on fallout

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Isn't this just called PhysX Effects? I thought these effects were controlled by a slider that is called something like PhysX... You turn it up and a bunch of random stuff appears when you shoot. I don't know what I'm talking about, but that's what it seems like this is.

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110

The article is dumb. Who cares? If you own an AMD card, nothing changes. You didn't go backwards... "If we can't have it, it's not fair that they get it!" It's just some eye candy. If you were playing it before, you didn't get a fancy effect a week after release and you kept playing it then. Now, you still don't get a fancy effect and you'll continue playing it.

The article is dumb. Who cares? If you own an AMD card, nothing changes. You didn't go backwards... "If we can't have it, it's not fair that they get it!" It's just some eye candy. If you were playing it before, you didn't get a fancy effect a week after release and you kept playing it then. Now, you still don't get a fancy effect and you'll continue playing it.

I think the issue at hand here is that the game is already out. So they are now catering to all their users rather than just to a specific crowd to sell more games.

Instead they are catering to just a part of their users, rewarding them for buying certain hardware

Neat but he's still dropping frames. Can't they focus on stabilizing the game a bit more before adding more Nvidia stuff to it?

Sadly Bethesda makes technologically obsolete games to a degree that should be insulting to any gamer out there. Paying 60$ for a game, that uses an engine from morrowind is mindboggling. Adding GameWorks to it, is like polishing a turd with a broken turd.

I believe in people who buy a product (nVidia) should get to enjoy said features that company brings. If they have only nVidia features, so be it. I see it as a plus, and wouldn't be mad at all if AMD did the same. If people want to complain about nVidia doing these things all the time, maybe they should be wise in who they choose to buy GPU's from. ;)

That is console peasant talk. But seriously that is not a good way of thinking. It will result in segregation of the PC gaming market, which will not benefit any other than NVidia themselves. The PC gaming market is already segregated enough by different CPU's, GPU's and OS'. That is one of the reasons Microsoft is so fixated on WIndows 10 being a homogenous standard OS.

NVidia implementing black boxed tech, that results in vendor lock in is very anti consumer and anti competitive. Furthermore, it's an insult to AMD users, who pay full price for a game filled with crappy proprietary graphics effects they cannot enjoy properly. If NVidia wants this crap, and their consumers do too, then NVidia should either make their own games or sell GameWorks effects as mods for games.

Nvidia cards can't use Mantle.

The example you posted with Tress FX

And there's a more modern example I cited in YouTube comments awhile ago but I can't find the comment.

Actually they can. When mantle launched in a final version, it's open to be used by all devs and NVidia/Intel. Intel only wanted access when it was in development. Both turned it down afterwards.

TressFX worked great in Tomb Raider, for NVidia too, after the first patch (Crystal Dynamics derped it seems).

As for Lichdom, the dev only fulfilled their contract of adding TressFX 2 to the game. AMD seemed genuinely surprised to learn that it was artificially turned off on NVidia. As the contract undoubtedly did  not specify NVidia support, the devs lived up to their contract and not a comma more. Given that TressFX 1 (Tomb Raider) and 3 /Rise of the Tomb Raider, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided) are implemented in a vendor agnostic way, making it not only possible to run on NVidia, but also run optimized, I find it very doubtful that AMD actively tried to make it blocked for NVidia.

I was talking about the drops associated with the effect... 

Nvidia also offered CUDA to AMD some time ago, and all Gameworks effects are CUDA accelerated...

That is quite the fallacy. You don't see Intel integrated GPU's running APEX based effects do you? Most of GameWorks is tessellation (DX11) based, but still run like crap on everything, including NVidia's own cards.

IF AMD decided to support CUDA, then there is no guarantee that they could run APEX effects properly or at all.

AMD are the ones who decided to can hardware physics, so its their own bloody fault for not having their own, supported, version.

At what cost? You think it would be free for AMD to implement CUDA? Even if they did not have to pay any royalties, they might still have to drastically change their architecture and/or write their drivers anew from the ground up. Problem is that we have no idea what offer AMD was handed or any consequence a CUDA implementation would have.

Based on NVidia's shady business practices and licensing contracts with GameWorks, I cannot give NVidia the benefit of the doubt.

After all NVidia refused to support Mantle, and I'm sure it was due to similar issues of costing too many ressources on architecture change and/or driver rebuild.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Backup those claims.

run any game with physX on and watch your frame rate halve....

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Great, another bs move by nvidia, next it will be "Fallout 5 nvidia exclusive game"

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

So they added in Nvidia-only gameworks effects and it's bawl time again. What's new?

Sure, they should have fixed other shit first, but something tells me this was actually planned for release, Seeing as FO4 is a gameworks game. Also, HBAO+ is in that list, which is Nvidia's H*AO version. I don't recall seeing HDAO in the settings, which means AMD users get shafted twice in this beta patch. You know, as in, maybe tomorrow it says "added HDAO & AMD's solution to GPU physics(oh wait, sorry).

Welp, what can I expect from a member title like "Intel / nVidia enthusiast"

where quote unquote "nVidia" isn't even properly spelled

You don't have to write "quote unquote" when you're actually typing quotes. It makes sentences very annoying to read, and I hope for the sake of the people around you you don't also talk that way.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I wouldn't call them a monopoly, while I think that what they do is somewhat immoral, from a business standpoint it does benefit them significantly

Some people will get mad about just about anything.

Why scream "fuck NVIDIA" for adding additional value for their cards? I really don't get how upset people get about things like Gameworks and these particle effects. This is a way for NVIDIA to differentiate themselves from AMD and provide a service that will entice people to get their cards. It isn't anti competitive, its the very definition of competitive. NVIDIA didn't force Bethesda to implement this feature or Gameworks in itself at all... they wanted this software to be in their game. Don't go blaming NVIDIA for offering the service, blame Bethesda for allowing it to be in their game if you are going to still get upset.

I think some people on here are acting extremely entitled when it comes to things like this. NVIDIA is under no obligation to make Gameworks even run on AMD cards because its their software that is intended for their cards. If you don't buy their stuff, then don't expect to receive the fruits of their labor... its that simple. When I had a 750 Ti, I didn't complain about not being able to use Mantle.

All the Gameworks features that either tank performance on my card or I just can't run to begin with, I do not care about. It doesn't effect the game at all except for terms of some minor graphical effects. Nobody is forcing me to use Gameworks effects, just as nothing is forcing me to use MSAA or the highest texture setting. If something hurts performance on your card, either get a new one or just move on.

CPU: Intel Core i3 4370 (3.8GHz, 2C/4T) GPU: AMD R9 380X 4GB

run any game with physX on and watch your frame rate halve....

Would you accept borderlands 2 as a test subject ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

amd card owners bitch again

seriously who buys a card based on little rocks falling out of a building on fallout

That was a big influence considering how many hours I have put into borderlands 2.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

That was a big influence considering how many hours I have put into borderlands 2.

my big influence...price to performance

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017