New FO4 patch brings "nVidia only" weapon debris effects.

Section35

It blows my mind that people are seeing this as nVidia being anti-competitive. Bethesda added this because a technology developed by nVidia allowed them to do that. If you think "being competitive" means spending money on R&D only to share that technology with your competition, you're out to lunch.

It's not like anything in the game is being taken away from people with AMD cards... The options were to add it for people with nVidia cards, or don't add it at all. I'm glad they chose to enable it for some, rather than allowing none to have it.

Anyone complaining is simply bitter because they have an AMD card and don't get it.

I agree, but I'm also disappointed that we will never see a game that supports Nvidia tech and AMD tech (unless a game I'm unaware of that does that). In the end, the gun debris effect doesn't make a big difference to me.

So you gonna ignore Borderlands 2, pre-sequal, mafia 2, AC black flag and Metro LL ? All those games from my experience physx is fine on them. They do have a performance hit ( not that significant ) but that's expected.

What's your point about project cars physx ? It's known that it is CPU only and that gives a significant performance hit.

Physx is great I agree, but I disagree about execution bring garbage, I think if just depends on that developer, what physx features they implemant and if they make it CPU bound or not.

I actually used to play Mafia 2 (amazing game) on 2 GTX560 in SLI and with one dedicated to physX and at the time it ran like crap, it went for 100+fps average to under 40fps average, and never over the 60fps average....

I can't comment on AC black flag, even though i have it i have never got around to playing it, and i don't have Metro LL, i do have metro 2033 though which as physx, which also tanks the fps when you switch it on.

The problem with project cars is the whole physics engine runs on physX which tanks the frame rate significantly on AMD cards, and there is no way around it, where as if it had use havoc for physics the game would have run fantastic on both brands of cards.

Propriety implementations are bad for the industry, Apple gets crucified for pulling this shit, why should Nvidia be allowed to get away with it.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

peopel still play fallout 4?

i dunno how i got even 20h on that game... the game feels so shitty

Cool. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

lmao amd fangays disliking the video. Nvidia pushes quality forward with new effects and such, why would they share with AMD the result of millions in research and development? You guys have absolutely no idea what means to be "anti competitive"

i dunno how i got even 20h on that game... the game feels so shitty

I just passed 100 hours and still going...feels great to me.  But then again I have 2x 980s in SLI so I guess I'm their target consumer lol.

Seriously though, it seems like an issue where Nvidia is putting these tools out there and the devs are able to use them or not use them.  Nobody here knows what kinds of contracts or support-deals Nvidia specifically makes with big devs like this and whether or not Gameworks is part of it.  If someone has a contract to put out there showing that Nvidia will not help a dev optimize their game (this does happen from what I understand, and is why game-specific drivers are able to be developed) unless they use Nvidia's proprietary technologies, I'd like to see it.

I just passed 100 hours and still going...feels great to me.  But then again I have 2x 980s in SLI so I guess I'm their target consumer lol.

Seriously though, it seems like an issue where Nvidia is putting these tools out there and the devs are able to use them or not use them.  Nobody here knows what kinds of contracts or support-deals Nvidia specifically makes with big devs like this and whether or not Gameworks is part of it.  If someone has a contract to put out there showing that Nvidia will not help a dev unless they use Nvidia's proprietary technologies, I'd like to see it.

For me it looks ok (about as good as Skyrim with literally a few small graphics mods) but I've been finding it pretty boring. Some of the enemies that I'm supposedly not supposed to be able to beat when I'm at level 6 I can easily kill with a few shotgun rounds to the head while doing the old FPS bunny hop, and the side quests while OK for the most part can get annoying rapidly.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

For me it looks ok (about as good as Skyrim with literally a few small graphics mods) but I've been finding it pretty boring. Some of the enemies that I'm supposedly not supposed to be able to beat when I'm at level 6 I can easily kill with a few shotgun rounds to the head while doing the old FPS bunny hop, and the side quests while OK for the most part can get annoying rapidly.

I just dabbled into some of the visual mods available and that has helped a lot, which tends to be the case with Bethesda games.  And I thought that enemy levels scaled with the player's level, so if you only did the main questline and didn't do anything to level up outside of that, you'd still be able to get through it just as well as if you didn't finish the main quest after 200+ hours of playtime.

The biggest thing that I have a problem with as far as the development/graphics side goes is their continuation of locking physics to frame rate.  Since they used the Skyrim engine (supposedly "heavily modified"), going past 60fps means weird things happen with physics, like items just randomly flying all over the place as soon as you enter a room.  My 980's shouldn't be locked at 72fps to play it reliably (144hz monitor, forced adaptive vsync half-refresh rate on).

you take the time to add this and not fix the bugs and glitches smh

All the complaining is great 

Oh no, you guys sure are gonna miss out on these sweet rocky bits that come off walls when you shoot them. How will you ever enjoy Fallout 4 again without this priceless feature that totally revolutionizes the entirety of the game?

I think a change.org petition should be setup to make Besthesda provide 980 Ti's to every AMD user who bought Fallout 4 so that they can enjoy the game to it's fullest potential without having to live through the horror of not having access a feature which is probably the most important and influential feature to ever be added to any game in the entire history of gaming.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

• 3 weeks later...

Well....I guess I need to go get a Nvidia card....

I'm joking, though I do need to get a new card at somepoint....

Spoiler

[CPU] Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core        [Motherboard] MSI B150 Gaming M3
[RAM] 8GB Kingston Black (1x8GB) DDR4-2133         [GPU] Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5
[Case] Fractal Design Define R4    [PSU] Corsair CX600M
[Storage] Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB, WD Caviar Blue 1TB   [OS] Windows 10