New FO4 patch brings "nVidia only" weapon debris effects.

Section35

True, but off the top of my head, the only thing they did wrong was advertising Fiji as an 'Overclocker's Dream'. Can't really think of anything as bad as what NVIDIA have done.

All companies pull this shit, AMD pull It, Nvidia pull It, Microsoft, Sony etc

None, I still get fps drops. Though dropping shadows helps. I just played it on everything to the highest. 

That's a shame. Last time I played though I had drops to the 40s even in the first scene. I did a reinstall and removed anything fallout 4. Hopefully that will solve it. My friend shared it with me. Otherwise there would be no way I would pay $40 for such a poorly written game. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Everyone's complaining about performance...

It's a Fallout game, it definitely is not going to run well on anything.

I welcome the feature, sure why not. 

I would also like to know what else the patch includes besides this new effect.

The best part about this is seeing people bitch about how it's "Anti Competitive"...

Not like AMD does this exact same thing or anything...

Also, it's in a Beta patch. It'll probably be performing at release.

Game's been out for months now, still not performing. Instead of showing optimization they're showing more gimmicky, performance killing features. They're clearly not gonna patch it for performance there's nothing that suggests they will.

-------

Current Rig

-------

it's in a Beta patch. It'll probably be performing at release.

i ain't interested in the AMD Nvdia thing. But I'd just point out that even without the effect turned on, the fps was still dropping like a...

https://youtu.be/e340suIiXtg?t=53s

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Everyone's complaining about performance...

Because Skyrim ran much better and this is basically the same engine that was somehow made worst. Seriously fucking modders pulled better looks and better performance out of Skyrim yet Bethesda can only fuck around with shitty Nvidia gameworks stuff?

Stop fucking apologizing for them.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm pretty sure PhysX would run well on AMD cards though if NVIDIA wanted it to. I don't know about other people, but if I had a company, I would be trying to set open standards for other companies to use - maybe it's cause I care about the industry and competition. NVIDIA likes to be super closed.

I don't see anything wrong with nVidia being closed. Its like Apple and Microsoft. They all make great products but there's no reason to share their IP's with anyone. AMD (IMO) seems like the "good guy" because they HAVE to be. Their marketshare is pitiful so they have to entice buyers any way they can. nVidia = EVIL. AMD = SAINTS. I would bet my bottom dollar AMD would be the same way nVidia is if the tables were turned. I don't KNOW that for sure, but when you have a stranglehold like you do, you can afford to do that. I expect nVidia to squeeze the market even more in 2016.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Not nearly as much as Nvidia. Tomb Raider which is the only recent game that uses AMD's code runs well on all cards.

Not as much as Nvidia, but they do do It, Sony, Microsoft, everyone does It to screw over the other company.

I'm looking at the same article. It's officially spelled Nvidia if you're getting deep into that.

mxrkP.png

To be fair, AMD really hasn't. Tomb Raider is literally the only exception and Nvidia got a fair chance to fix TressFX up.

... Are you really arguing with him over the spelling of Nvidia...

What about Mantle? You can't even argue that it was offered to Nvidia, since Nvidia offered what was essentially PhysX to AMD...

The example you posted

I had a link to a somewhat modern game (Late 2014 I believe) somewhere but YouTube is being a dick and I can't find it.

It basically denies Nvidia from using an AMD feature, what is happening here...

Found it.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/261760/discussions/2/620700960748580422/

[Xav] Shohei works at the developer of the company. See his claim there.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Because Skyrim ran much better and this is basically the same engine that was somehow made worst. Seriously fucking modders pulled better looks and better performance out of Skyrim yet Bethesda can only fuck around with shitty Nvidia gameworks stuff?

Stop fucking apologizing for them.

Eh?

As far as i know Skyrim wasn't that great looking either. 

Sure they definitely don't have their priorities straight. But that was not what i was referring to anyways.. .Sooo...

Bethesda get your shit together.

Game's been out for months now, still not performing. Instead of showing optimization they're showing more gimmicky, performance killing features. They're clearly not gonna patch it for performance there's nothing that suggests they will.

I was referring to what I thought was a claim that the feature caused lots of lag. 

I agree with you tho about it being shitly optimized and Bethesda not patching it.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Eh?

As far as i know Skyrim wasn't that great looking either. 

Sure they definitely don't have their priorities straight. But that was not what i was referring to anyways.. .Sooo...

Bethesda get your shit together.

1) It's comparable enough for a 2011 game

2) Also why I specifically said mods.

-------

Current Rig

-------

peopel still play fallout 4?

I think a LOT of people are waiting for the GECK to come out, so the modders can make the game complete. I know I am.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

i ain't interested in the AMD Nvdia thing. But I'd just point out that even without the effect turned on, the fps was still dropping like a...

https://youtu.be/e340suIiXtg?t=53s

It's also part of a Beta patch. It could quite easily be patched to have minimal performance impact.

Not saying it will, just saying it's possible.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

1) It's comparable enough for a 2011 game

2) Also why I specifically said mods.

1. I guess so, i keep forgetting when that game was dropped

2. Mods made the game look much better yes.

I think a LOT of people are waiting for the GECK to come out, so the modders can make the game complete. I know I am.

Hey it's already complete for me with CBBE and bodySlide because well...reasons.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I honestly lost interest in it, the game doesn't have that fun of a base game for me, vanilla skyrim entertained me for months but fallout lasted less than a full week. Mods may help but idk I never used to many in skyrim they were mostly just bug fixes and slight tweaks.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I'm pretty sure PhysX would run well on AMD cards though if NVIDIA wanted it to. I don't know about other people, but if I had a company, I would be trying to set open standards for other companies to use - maybe it's cause I care about the industry and competition. NVIDIA likes to be super closed.

Which sucks, since AMD has to be the underdog and push with their open source GPUOpen.

Hopefully they get enough support for it to rival GameWorks.

I don't see anything wrong with nVidia being closed. Its like Apple and Microsoft. They all make great products but there's no reason to share their IP's with anyone. AMD (IMO) seems like the "good guy" because they HAVE to be. Their marketshare is pitiful so they have to entice buyers any way they can. nVidia = EVIL. AMD = SAINTS. I would bet my bottom dollar AMD would be the same way nVidia is if the tables were turned. I don't KNOW that for sure, but when you have a stranglehold like you do, you can afford to do that. I expect nVidia to squeeze the market even more in 2016.

Like you said, you can't say that with absolute certainty. And look at NVIDIA's past mistakes, they've been more dishonest than AMD even when they didn't have to be:

-GTX 970 3.5GB

-Tier 0

-PhysX disabled if an AMD card was detected (debatable)

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Dude, dont be a PC fanboy, consoles arent bad, there are alot of fun exclusives on them etc, but yes, Microsoft and Sony with the consoles do this alot.

Not being a fanboy, was being sarcastic/making a joke. Have a sense of humor m9.

I feel like sharing ideas would also increase competition. You share x idea, and this company over here improves it massively, and then you go back to the drawing board and improve on it massively. I think it would allow companies to be more competitive.

I personally have no opinion as to who is the evil or good company here. Both NVIDIA and AMD are out to make money and at the end of the day, they care about the $$$, not the consumers. I mean, they both use misleading marketing. AMD is not a good guy, nor is NVIDIA the bad guy. The ultimate bad guy is no competition because that stalls the market.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

... Are you really arguing with him over the spelling of Nvidia...

What about Mantle? You can't even argue that it was offered to Nvidia, since Nvidia offered what was essentially PhysX to AMD...

The example you posted

I had a link to a somewhat modern game (Late 2014 I believe) somewhere but YouTube is being a dick and I can't find it.

It basically denies Nvidia from using an AMD feature, what is happening here...

Second part: huh?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

That's a shame. Last time I played though I had drops to the 40s even in the first scene. I did a reinstall and removed anything fallout 4. Hopefully that will solve it. My friend shared it with me. Otherwise there would be no way I would pay $40 for such a poorly written game. 

I'm not affected. I always use a controller for beth games. 

Still waiting for SS/Graphics/waifu sim 2016  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

It's also part of a Beta patch. It could quite easily be patched to have minimal performance impact.

Not saying it will, just saying it's possible.

But the fps was already dropping without the effect... How are they gonna patch that?

Second part: huh?

Nvidia cards can't use Mantle.

The example you posted with Tress FX

And there's a more modern example I cited in YouTube comments awhile ago but I can't find the comment.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Nvidia cards can't use Mantle.

I believe AMD stated that Mantle is available to NVIDIA if they choose to want it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch