New FO4 patch brings "nVidia only" weapon debris effects.

Section35

I honestly lost interest in it, the game doesn't have that fun of a base game for me, vanilla skyrim entertained me for months but fallout lasted less than a full week. Mods may help but idk I never used to many in skyrim they were mostly just bug fixes and slight tweaks.

I'm the same way. I see it as a good base, but the modders are going to have to add a shitload of content to get it anywhere near to what Skyrim was without mods.

Hey it's already complete for me with CBBE and bodySlide because well...reasons.

All of the female bandits in my game are basically nude other than some leather straps and what not.

Still not enough to make it worth playing through again.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

But the fps was already dropping without the effect... How are they gonna patch that?

I was talking about the drops associated with the effect... 

I believe AMD stated that Mantle is available to NVIDIA if they choose to want it.

Nvidia also offered CUDA to AMD some time ago, and all Gameworks effects are CUDA accelerated...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Nvidia also offered CUDA to AMD some time ago, and all Gameworks effects are CUDA accelerated...

I'm just saying that NVIDIA can use the API if they want to.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Nvidia cards can't use Mantle.

The example you posted with Tress FX

And there's a more modern example I cited in YouTube comments awhile ago but I can't find the comment.

I'm pretty sure AMD offered Mantle support to Nvidia.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

To be fair, it's a PhysX thing so it won't run well on AMD cards.

But still, fuck you NVIDIA.

Being a PhysX thing it won't run good on NVIDIA cards either.....better than AMD though...

PhysX needs to go away or go back to square one with it and re-optomize it from the ground up, the cost of out ways the gains right now

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I'm pretty sure AMD offered Mantle support to Nvidia.

Nvidia offered AMD what was essentially PhysX support...

Like I said previously...

AMD also blocks Nvidia cards from using certain AMD effects... I would link it, but YouTube is being a dick and made it so my comment's not on top of the comments on the video I posted it on...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I'm the same way. I see it as a good base, but the modders are going to have to add a shitload of content to get it anywhere near to what Skyrim was without mods.

All of the female bandits in my game are basically nude other than some leather straps and what not.

Still not enough to make it worth playing through again.

I don't know. I actually was never big on Fallout 3 and liked Morrowind and Skyrim a lot more, but on Fallout 4 they made exploration even more compelling: I liked fucking around doing nothing but walking around the map on Skyrim and on Fallout 4 it's basically the same only with a lot more densely packed content.

I'm already up to 117 hours and I basically only did the main story with 1 character.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't know. I actually was never big on Fallout 3 and liked Morrowind and Skyrim a lot more, but on Fallout 4 they made exploration even more compelling: I liked fucking around doing nothing but walking around the map on Skyrim and on Fallout 4 it's basically the same only with a lot more densely packed content.

I'm already up to 117 hours and I basically only did the main story with 1 character.

I never really found that much worth exploring on Fallout 4. Also the lack of what I describe as a "good ending" kind of annoyed me. I dislike how they took the BoS back to it's shitty techno-cult roots. The elder from Fallout 3 was leading them in a good direction. Now they're just back to being techno-nazi's essentially.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

8fps penalty is pretty fine though  :huh:  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

8fps penalty is pretty fine though  :huh:  

What are you talking about? 

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I never really found that much worth exploring on Fallout 4. Also the lack of what I describe as a "good ending" kind of annoyed me. I dislike how they took the BoS back to it's shitty techno-cult roots. The elder from Fallout 3 was leading them in a good direction. Now they're just back to being techno-nazi's essentially.

I liked the ending but because I actually sided with the institute: to me it was actually the most logical and rational group that could actually have a positive impact, any and all of the moral objections the game worked so hard to portray on the railroad were basically negated by the fact that your son was in charge and left YOU in charge. Don't like their attitude towards Synths? Change their policies and views. I guess people following the railroad or the brotherhood would feel bad about it but I honestly think that despite their best efforts to balance it out, the institute came out as actually the best faction

-------

Current Rig

-------

What are you talking about? 

Well, assuming that you're talking about the debris effects... When the guy shoots at the wall with the effect versus without the effect it was roughly an 8 fps difference. Not too bad considering how other effects killed fps.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I believe in people who buy a product (nVidia) should get to enjoy said features that company brings. If they have only nVidia features, so be it. I see it as a plus, and wouldn't be mad at all if AMD did the same. If people want to complain about nVidia doing these things all the time, maybe they should be wise in who they choose to buy GPU's from. ;)

That's where we'll have to disagree. I believe that these two companies should focus on making the best card possible and leave the making of games to the developers, rather than making a good card and lots of deals to get devs to optimize for their card more.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Nvidia offered AMD what was essentially PhysX support...

Like I said previously...

AMD also blocks Nvidia cards from using certain AMD effects... I would link it, but YouTube is being a dick and made it so my comment's not on top of the comments on the video I posted it on...

Just link the video here and retype your comment. I can't think of any proprietary tech AMD has besides TressFX and Mantle, and they only collab with Square Enix, EA and Crytek. What other tech are you talking about?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Just link the video here and retype your comment. I can't think of any proprietary tech AMD has besides TressFX and Mantle, and they only collab with Square Enix, EA and Crytek. What other tech are you talking about?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/261760/discussions/2/620700960748580422/

Found it :D

[Xav] Shohei is the technical community developer at the Studio that made Lichdom: Battlemage. 

Spoiler

sex hahaha

My last name is Kellogg  :P (not kidding)

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Being a PhysX thing it won't run good on NVIDIA cards either.....better than AMD though...

PhysX needs to go away or go back to square one with it and re-optomize it from the ground up, the cost of out ways the gains right now

Backup those claims.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

well that's a pretty nice move, beth/nvidia.. 

I think a LOT of people are waiting for the GECK to come out, so the modders can make the game complete. I know I am.

yeah that's the main reason why the game is still installed... but there's some mods available now that are quite good 

funny enough i'm reaching the point where the game is getting a little unstable

Tell that to 295x's in Q fiery

To be fair, it's a PhysX thing so it won't run well on AMD cards.

But still, fuck you NVIDIA.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

What I don't get is why they can't support seamless loading of the game world if you've got the hardware to back it up, I mean with an SSD the loads times aren't really that bad a second or two at max, but with a HDD they are god damn awful, if something like the witcher 3 can do it why not fallout? There were mods for open cities in skyrim, hoping they do something similar for fallout. I guess in some places it wouldn't really work but for something like diamond city it should. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I can already smell the class-action lawsuit

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I'm just saying that NVIDIA can use the API if they want to.

And AMD can do they same with PhysX, they choose not to.

What I don't get is why they can't support seamless loading of the game world if you've got the hardware to back it up, I mean with an SSD the loads times aren't really that bad a second or two at max, but with a HDD they are god damn awful, if something like the witcher 3 can do it why not fallout? There were mods for open cities in skyrim, hoping they do something similar for fallout. I guess in some places it wouldn't really work but for something like diamond city it should. 

The engine can't handle it. Witcher 3 is a newer engine this is still technically the Oblivion engine: even if the hardware is fast enough the engine can't process the information fast enough. I've tried Skyrim mods that gave you open cities and greatly increased draw distance and they actually do make the game unstable. Also you had to do some memory hacks for the game to address all of your vram and even with all of that the more you mod Skyrim and the more you advance (henceforth bloating your save file) the more often you could crash to desktop because the game engine was just shit at dealing with the information even when the hardware was idle waiting for it.

-------

Current Rig

-------