XBox One’s EA Access heads to PC as Origin Access

zMeul

I'll probably sign up for a month or two to play Inquisition or BF4 and then end it. It's an incredibly good deal if you look at it that way. Glad EA is doing this.

It's a subscription service. It's bad value unless what you get would be a lot more expensive on its own, and right now it's not. As for "more games will be added", why do you think there are no new games on there? They are just offering the games they know they probably won't sell many copies of from now on. It's just like the "on the house" thing, except at least that's free.

I also just checked Origin. BF Hardline DE is 34.99, BF4 DE is 29.99 and DA Inquisition is 39.99. I'm sure you're getting the picture and I don't need to bother listing the prices for the other games. Where did $70 come from? Please tell me again how this is a bad deal. I would pay the sub fee just for DA Inquisition alone.

I wouldn't mind seeing you showing how you can get all of these games with the correct versions, for less than a 2 or 3 year subscription. And the fact that this service gives you games that have been out for a while is a major issue? How? Latest iterations in series or whole series of games. Allot of the games coming out on the service are still good games.

This isn't a service for every single gamer, but to deny it's value to those who it is intended for... If anything, games that are suffering from low multiplayer populations are only going to benefit from this.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

The offerings at launch aren't that great of a sale (not saying bad games just old/cheap games). I do like the idea of subscription for unlimited games since I already lost the feeling of ownership with all other digital items i "own". 

Besides that I think I would also like it if some games have a cheaper license option rather then buying the full game (kinda like how MS has Office 365 and regular retail office 2016). $30 for 1-year license would be a good deal IMO especially since, besides some addictive games, I stop playing most of my games after a year or 2. Then again, it would be another thing that ruins their brick-and-mortar partners' sales.

I want royalties if a company steals this idea O.o

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Some idiots on here. It costs $70+ to buy all the titles and a year costs $30 ......mmmmmmmmm I'm getting ripped off here ain't I

Idiots

BF3 - 2011

BF4 - 2013

BF:H - 2015

Dead Space - 2008

DS2 - 2011

DS3 - 2013

DA: O - 2009 

DA 2 - 2011

DA: I - 2014

FIFA 15 - 2014

NFS Rivals - 2013

PvZ: GF - 2014

SimCity - 2013

The Sims 3 - 2009

This War of Mine - 2014

yeh, sure .. at a bargain bin near you

and a lot of those games have no value, why play BF: H or BF3 when there's BF4?; speaking of BF, where is SW: BF?!

also, if you cancel - bye bye games

So you guys will spend tons of money on your PC's but you won't pay 4 bloody dollars for a whole month of access to whatever EA game that you may not have played?

You guys complain about game prices all the time, but muh 4 dollar right?

ಠ_ಠ

I think it is good idea for people like me. I don't care about Battlefield but I can see myself complete all Dragon Age games in a month for just 4€ it isn't a bad deal considering that I most likely won't play those games ever again. Once Mass Effect Andromeda will be there I am in.

BTW: I don't own any game on Origin so this makes it even better deal IMO.

Unravel also comes out on feb 4th, I tried it at gamescom and it was quite unique and full of character, love yarny haha. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I wouldn't mind seeing you showing how you can get all of these games with the correct versions, for less than a 2 or 3 year subscription. And the fact that this service gives you games that have been out for a while is a major issue? How? Latest iterations in series or whole series of games. Allot of the games coming out on the service are still good games.

This isn't a service for every single gamer, but to deny it's value to those who it is intended for... If anything, games that are suffering from low multiplayer populations are only going to benefit from this.

Humble bundles, steam sales, on the house. That's how I own half of those.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Great Idea, shit games. I'll stay on Humble monthly Bundle, costs me 110€ more per year but at least the games are good (at least the first three months have been) and if I decide to cancel the subscription I still get to keep the games, both on Steam and in DRM-free form on my humble bundle account

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

um guys it doesn't say that you don't get to keep the games after the service ends? (you would of got bf4 premium otherwise)

remember EA isn't steam they probs don't have to pay anyone to hand out almost free games and there isnt much special on that list as you guys have said. rip

Also its region locked: https://www.origin.com/en-au/store/origin-access/

EcEkBa.png

#straya

I might pick it for a month just to play Dragon Age Inquisition, after I'm done with Fallout 4, Witcher 3,... in a few years then.

um guys it doesn't say that you don't get to keep the games after the service ends? (you would of got bf4 premium otherwise)

remember EA isn't steam they probs don't have to pay anyone to hand out almost free games and there isnt much special on that list as you guys have said.

Please note, unless required by law, all EA Content (such as in-game entitlements, add-on content, and downloadable content) purchased in connection with the EA Access Services (including, without limitation, purchases made during Vault Titles) are non-refundable and non-transferable. If your subscription to EA Access is cancelled or otherwise terminated, you will not have further access EA Content until and unless you purchase the EA Content or Vault Title separately

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/terms.html

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Wait so if EA releases a game I'll have it? If so, that seems pretty good for $30 a year.

nope, if ea adds a game to the list of vault games you will have it AS LONG as you keep paying.

And what games are those? Why should I pay a yearly subscription if I don't know what I'm getting with it?

And what games are those? Why should I pay a yearly subscription if I don't know what I'm getting with it?

its in the original post?

• Battlefield 3 SE
  • Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Battlefield Hardline Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Dead Space
  • Dead Space 2
  • Dead Space 3
  • Dragon Age 2 SE
  • Dragon Age Inquisition Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
  • FIFA 15 SE
  • NFS: Rivals Complete Ed.
  • Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
  • SimCity (2013) SE
  • The Sims 3 Starter Pack
  • This War of Mine (Third party)

i own all the red ones

its in the original post?

Yeah I get that, but if I can't tell what I'm going to get in the future then what is the point of paying a monthly/yearly subscription? I already have most of those games, and if anything new comes out I can easily buy it.

Yeah I get that, but if I can't tell what I'm going to get in the future then what is the point of paying a monthly/yearly subscription? I already have most of those games, and if anything new comes out I can easily buy it.

thats why a yearly is half price

thats why a yearly is half price

Yeah, but what if EA only releases one or two games that year and doesn't even add them to the Origin Access thing? Then I would have just wasted $30.

Yeah, but what if EA only releases one or two games that year and doesn't even add them to the Origin Access thing? Then I would have just wasted $30.

from what I can tell you will be only getting games that are at-least 1 year old, most popular games should eventually get added to the list.

I also just checked Origin. BF Hardline DE is 34.99, BF4 DE is 29.99 and DA Inquisition is 39.99. I'm sure you're getting the picture and I don't need to bother listing the prices for the other games. Where did $70 come from? Please tell me again how this is a bad deal. I would pay the sub fee just for DA Inquisition alone.

Hardline was on sale for like $15 and bf4 $5 those digital deluxe editions COST more but are not really WORTH more. and remember as soon as you stop paying you no longer have access to those games, if after 1 year of paying those games got saved to my account then I would pay $30 without a doubt.

from what I can tell you will be only getting games that are at-least 1 year old, most popular games should eventually get added to the list.

Hardline was on sale for like $15 and bf4 $5 those digital deluxe editions COST more but are not really WORTH more. and remember as soon as you stop paying you no longer have access to those games, if after 1 year of paying those games got saved to my account then I would pay $30 without a doubt.

That's how subs work. Do you not sub to Netflix because when you stop paying, you don't have access to the shows and movies?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

And only 4, maybe 5 are actually good.

EA is asking people to give their money to EA to beta test.

Games are for released games, this isn't early access.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I love it, I've always wanted something like this.

Yes, at some point it would have been better to just buy the games.

But if they keep adding games to add more value it should work out fairly well.

I love it, signing up soon!